Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #1  
Losing it :)

S/C/G: 175/149.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Schwan's livesmart products

Ok so I was going through the Schwans catalog and saw that they have a Livesmart section that has healthier foods and include the nutrition facts.

They have foods like Filet Mignon, lean pocket type things, pizza, pasta, veggies, soft pretzels, fruits, juices, lots of ice creams and desserts...oh and 100 calorie desserts.

I have tried the Livesmart desserts and some of the chicken. Both were excellent. I was hoping to start doing delivery meals with one of the diet companies but I think I might try this and count the calories.

Has anyone else tried these foods?
shaykha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #2  
it's always something

I guess no one has tried them. Maybe the Livesmart line is very new?

The nutrition labels look good - kind of on par with Lean Cuisine. The ingredient lists are rather long. It looks like most of the meals contain two servings in the same tray, so you'd need to share or eat the same thing two days in a row.

Please let us know if you try them
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #3  

I love Schwan food! Unfortunatly, a truck doesn't run by our office and, even if it did, I can't afford the food right now.

I think most of the livesmart foods aren't really NEW foods, they're just calling attention to the better choices of the food they've always had, and new packaging. At least that was the impression I got when I was surfing their site a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #4  

We used to get Schwann's awhile back. Their food is WONDERFUL!
But, it's very expensive.
The Live Smart selections don't have much in the low sodium range either.
I need to check back and see if they have improved some.
aschenbrodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've been getting Scwhan's for several years now. I really like their quality, but yes, they are expensive! One thing that really irks me is they used to sell these really small filet mignon steaks--8 per box and each was 3-4 ounces. Now they changed it to 6 per box and each is 5 ounces! AND to top it off, I could get 8 for $24 and now 6 are $29 or more. I really liked the little ones--they were the PERFECT size. Now I don't buy them.

I haven't tried all their foods, but have had a couple of the foods listed in the LiveSmart section (mostly the meats). I would be careful with some of the items there--check the serving size! Like the cheese stuffed bread with sauce--DH and I can eat one together, but I think they are supposed to serve 6 or 8 people.

The best item they sell--unbreaded chicken breasts (item #502). Each is individually wrapped (about 10 to a box) and all are uniformly sized. They are infused with a brine solution so they are never dry.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote