Old 05-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #1  
PUGMOM

S/C/G: 168/168/125

Height: 5'3 1/2

Default lites\no lites

If money isnt an object does anyone think the lites are worth it. Since later in life you gotta learn to eat without them anyway what do you thimk????
TERZALPAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Learning to eat without them isn't a big deal since they are only two little bars. I would be more concerned if I were on a program that was using pre-packaged meals exclusively. All they really are is yummy treats to calm the sweet tooth and they added some soy protein to them. It keeps a lot of people on track since they can use it as a mini dessert or afternoon snack. So, yeah, I think they're worth it.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i think they're worth it too just as cassi said because i have a major sweet tooth and it definitely helps me stay on track. however, this time around on LAWL, i'm using Luna bars instead of the LA bar just because the luna bars are healthier and cheaper. but the first thing for me is the healthier part.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

I definitely agree with Cassi on this one. I started off on an all-food plan, and the lack of sweets was agony for me. I decided about halfway through to go on the bars, and haven't regreted it once (in spite of the HUGE hit to my credit card bill!). Some people might do fine without them, but I found the plan MUCH easier to follow with them
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #5  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Agreed...I'm a lites-lover as well. I have found that even though I KNOW I'm getting two a day, each time I reach for one, I get the same little (*hooray!*) inside of me because it's a fun treat.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

The only problem I find with the Lites is that I like them a little too much! I wish I could have 3 or 4 a day!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Totally worht it. It's what keeps me from getting a donut or chocolate chip cookie with my daily Starbucks run. It makes me feel that I'm on a lifestyle choice rather than a diet if I get chococolate most days.

As for coming off of them, at that point you have extra food from your losing plan. It's quite easy to cut back to one a day, but as I look at it a protein bar is healthier than a daily chocolate bar.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:01 PM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I do the all food plan......and I have a ravenous sweet tooth. If you really don't want to do them, your COD should help you find a way to fix your sweet, if that is an issue for you. If I could tolerate the lites, I would probably eat them..........but I can't, and I feel totally satisfied every day that I stay OP.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #9  

nicole what do you eat in place of the lites? I'll be ending my eight week makeover program soon and I'm curious what I can use in place of lites (besides luna bars etc..) I'm almost afraid to not have them, but i really can't afford to buy more weeks right now. I'd appreciate any of your ideas/suggestions.
mnauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #10  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I don't eat anything in place of the lites. I would be on purple if I ate lites, but since I do not, I am on red w/o lites. To get my sweet fix, I often have SF pudding w/ FF cool whip. I also eat a ginger sesame dressing on my salads every now and then that is sweet, and I add fruit to my salads quite often. Usually, if I am eating according to plan, and eating enough food early in the day, I do not have trouble with cravings. I do, sometimes really get an itch for sweets......and when that happens, and I am out of exchanges that can fulfill the sweet, I have SF jello ( cherry is my current fav) w/ FF cool whip. Do you see the theme here.....lol........FF cool whip. Also, if you love chocolate, you can have ricotta cheese as a protein, and add a bit of splenda and regular cocoa......or SF choc syrup, and it is quite yummy. Also.......you can make french toast with lite bread (remember, 2 pieces of lite bread is 1S) w/ SF syrup. I also LOVE the ricotta cheese pancakes w/ SF syrup. You would be suprised how tasty SF syrup is. And, I personally thought the ricotta cheese pancakes would be GROSS, but they are quite heavenly. My whole family prefers them to buttermilk pancakes. I will try and think of other sweet fixes tomorrow. Fruit really is my friend now. Sliced strawberries w/ a bit of splenda, and yeah, once again, FF cool whip........is quite heavenly now If you do decide to go bar free, there are a few people on this site who will beable to give you plenty of ideas. Also, as Cassi has mentioned before, if you try w/o lites, and hate it, you can always change your mind and go back to them. They are a wonderful tool if you can figure out a way to use them Best of luck to you, and keep us posted
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #11  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 142/137/120

Height: 5'6

Default lites/no lites

I have decided to no longer do the lites. I am currently on the green plan with 2 lites. Does anyone know which plan I should move to without lites?
wtbthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

You move up one plan if you don't do lites, so you'd be on gold.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #13  
Start Date Alli 1-4-08

S/C/G: 262/197.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Totally worth it. The extra protein makes me satisfied and it keeps my sweet chocolate cravings at bay.
RaceGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #14  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I love my Lites! Feels like I'm getting a candy bar every day - TWICE!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #15  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 142/137/120

Height: 5'6

I thought I would have to add a protein rather than an extra fruit & veggie.
wtbthin is offline   Reply With Quote