Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Question Anyone tried Relacore?

I just bought relacore and not sure if it was a good idea or not. I'm hoping it will help me in my weight loss. It sounds like it will really help with mood and all, but I really want the weight loss. Has anyone taken this? Does it work at all? Thanks so much
Old 05-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There have been a few questions about Relacore in the past here is one of the more recent ones
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96768

I will give the same advice I gave there. This pill is nothing special and there is no pill that is proven to help you lose weight. Save your money
Old 05-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #3  
Dixie Belle -6 weeks old!

tried it...wasted $$$ . did not do anything at all
Old 05-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #4  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

I used to work at a retail store. This one lady said it worked for her. But after researching online, I found that in some people it caused nutritional problems. One lady said a friend of her's had to be hospitalized for severe potassium deficiencies. I didn't want to risk that.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #5  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

i had some trouble with it.... whatever herbs, stimulants used in it messed with my thyroid ... .

a balanced diet is better than any pill any day ....
Old 06-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 125/110

Height: 5'2

Both myself and my sister tried it in the past and neither of us had any results.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #7  

I tried relacore. I had an alleric reaction to something in it. It caused the gland under my tongue to swell up. I tested twice, both times had same reaction within 2 days of beginning taking.
I then did some research and found that many people had issues with low blood pressure while on relacore.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #8  
Empress/Queen

I have used Relacore and for me it was a decent vitamin supplement that I subjectively felt did make me feel somewhat calmer during the day, but that could have been a placebo effect. It had no effect on my weight or eating habits at all and it was too expensive for a placebo.

I didn't know that other users had experienced low blood pressure issues but that's interesting.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #9  
Just Me

Does relacore have vitamin B in it? I know vitamin B can help you feel somewhat calmer.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:08 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Yes, Nelie, it does have B vitamins.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

It really helped my stress levels but no weight loss.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #12  
Just Me

I would say if you want it for the calming effect, then take vitamin B, much cheaper Nature made even has something they call "stress b-complex" which contains a mix of different forms of vitamin B. A bottle costs under $10.

I have a friend who used vitamin B drops for an instant calming effect. He said they really worked well.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #13  
Empress/Queen

I believe anyone who is going to take extra B vitamins should do some research or check with a health professional, though. I previously thought all the B's were totally safe in any amount, but recently came across some reading (which I didn't have time to finish and don't have time to google today) that there is a toxic limit on one of them ... sorry I don't have more info, but it'd be wise not to just assume all the B's are safe.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:53 PM   #14  
Just Me

There are actually a few vitamins that can become toxic. It is a good idea to research any supplement you take and the ingredients in that supplement. I'm a bit naive but I would trust regular vitamins on the shelf to give solid recommendations on the amount to take while I wouldn't trust products such as Relacore to stay within safe limits.

When I had cable, I used to watch this show called "Dr G, Medical examiner" and one of the cases was a woman who basically made herself sick by taking various supplements. As she got sicker from the supplements she was taking, she took more supplements to make her better. In the end, a normally healthy woman became sick and died due to her pursuit of being healthier through supplements.
Closed Thread