Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Question OK I need some advice help I am siging uptoday

I called and the girl was very nice to me on the phone . this was the first day open .
I have a appt. at 6pm and she said " bring my coupon" i said oh there is a coupon? she then realized she said to much. I said ok thanks I will check the paper.

So now I have a appt and I need to find this coupon is there a general one out there someplace or is it going to be in my paper?

I am kinda nervous to be honest . I am afraid I will get taken on the pocket book. I asked her about cost and she said we will discuss that when we meet . she would go over all that stuff. I told her i want to lose about 60lbs, and she said she could help me lose 5-6 lbs the first week. I guess I have wanted this for sooo long i am actually kinda afraid sounds nuts i am sure.

Anyone know anything about coupons let me know please!

steph
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #2  
.Dreams.Come.True.

S/C/G: 213/191.8/150

Height: 5'4

Welcome Steph! I am not aware of any coupons right now, so I'm sorry I cant help you with that. Good Luck at your appointment!
jessicarenee331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #3  

thanks much.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Steph - hopefully some others will chime in. Did you look online for any sort of coupon? Personally, I'm not aware of any.

Read an excellent post from our moderator about this program (including costs)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104658

Personally, I was originally quoted about $500 for the program (I was trying to lose 30 lbs). I walked away and got a phone call and a 50% discount if I came in. I took advantage of the discount and did not regret the money I spent.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #5  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Steph,
Try to go to www.laweightloss.com and type in your zip code...if there is a special at your center, it will show up on the web page. As far as a coupon, you could always just play dumb and say "oh, I forgot my coupon..." and if they won't give you whatever the discount may be, then just say you're not interested. Guaranteed, they'll just give you the discount...Good Luck!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:31 PM   #6  

Oh, and welcome!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:31 PM   #7  

I have been waiting for a month for this place to open, and now I have butterflies. To think I am more worried it will not work, I know it does but after nothing working before I just don't want to get let down AGAIN.

The coupon must be on our paper! dh is on the hunt for me
Old 05-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #8  

the la weight loss is not on the site yet! today is day 1 being open. there was nothing in yesterdays paper I have been watching. She knows I don't have the coupon yet so I can not fake it. if she asked what the offer was i would not be able to tell her as again no coupon.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:35 PM   #9  
Amy

The first time I did LAWL, I wanted to lose 68 lbs. I was quoted ~$650. THis was three years ago and before the bars. I wish I would have know about the "walk out" trick. Hmmm...

Good luck though! It really works, we'll all atest to that here!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #10  

I would still argue the coupon, Steph. I mean, if they put the coupons out there and you're soooo ready to start losing the weight, it would be good business for them to just give you a coupon.
I understand your nervousness...when I went to sign up, I was at my lowest point (highest weight). It's like I hit rock bottom and was afraid I would fail. But the hardest part is getting started...you're gonna do great!
And being a little hesitant won't hurt either as far as the cost goes. It's funny how when they know the only think holding you back is the cost, the "magic calculator" starts refiguring like crazy until they can come up with a payment plan you can afford.

The more I'm thinking about this, maybe you can just call the center and ask where you can get the coupon...they certainly can't keep that info from you. You don't even have to mention your name if you don't want to.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #11  

thats a good point the worst they could say is we will not tell you, then I would cancel until I got the coupon and redo my appt date.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #12  
.Dreams.Come.True.

I actually went for an appnt around 1.5 years ago, (having no idea it costed as much as it does, i thought it was a weekly thing like WW). Once they told me it would cost over 700$, I told them I absolutely could not afford that, it was more than my rent at the time and I had just had my son. She looked at me and said "we accept all major credit cards". I dont use credit cards, so I was really offended by that and left. They called me about 3x week for about a month until I told them to please stop calling I cannot afford it!! So you're lucky they refigured your cost after you said you could not afford it.

I went back about 6 weeks ago now, knowing full and well what it was going to cost, but I make more $$ now and we can afford it.

I guess it depends on where you're at.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #13  

Well I know I am not charging it. if they want to deduct from my account thats fine but i am not paying it all at one time. I can not afford that!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #14  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome Steph...

Our choices were to either charge it and pay all at one time, or set up a monthly payment plan through Care Credit...

Just remember that you're in the driver seat.. Don't let them pressure you into it today..

If you're not comfortable, don't make any committments and then come back here and relate what happened.. We've all been there and can really offer some good insight...

They will push the suppliments and bars... Some of us, like me, have found them very helpful.. Others here don't use them and do just fine with the weight loss...

Remember that they are a business and are in it for the money... The program has a great track record of success so just go with the flow, relax and don't let them talk you into buying the moon...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #15  
.Dreams.Come.True.

Dan, I was told when signing up, that the Lites were mandatory, that I couldnt join without getting them. nice huh??