Old 05-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #1  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

Default I Want Ice Cream!

Okay. It's getting to be spring and summer. The temperature is rising and I WANT ICE CREAM! We don't have a TCBY around here and I can't seem to find any fat free AND sugar free frozen anything in the stores. Any suggestions? There is this stuff calles Only 8 that is supposed to be really good that is sold at a local stand. It has no fat and only 7 gr. of sugar and it's sweetened with fructose. Would that be okay? Any suggestions?
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

It doesn't have to be sugar free. It just has to be fat free and no sugar added, as far as I understood. I use the skinny cow ones, and also Dairy Queen has some fudge bars and vanilla orange bars that seem to be ok. And based on your description, only 8 seems like it would be ok too. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that's the ice cream policy
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #3  
That's me on the left

Here are the break downs:
ONLY 8
Serving 1/2 Cup
Calories 32
Fat 0gr
Sodium 40 mg
Total Carbs 7g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 7g
Protein 1g
(Sweetened with fructose)

TCBY
Serving 1/2 Cup
Calories 90
Fat 0gr
Sodium 35mg
Total Carbs 20g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 7g
Sugar Alcohol 3g
Protein 4g
Old 05-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #4  
That's me on the left

Well, geez! If only I knew how to read! Apparently "no sugar added" looks too much like "sugar free" to me! That makes it SOOO much easier now!!! Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgresso View Post
Well, geez! If only I knew how to read! Apparently "no sugar added" looks too much like "sugar free" to me! That makes it SOOO much easier now!!! Thanks for pointing that out!
Don't worry, you aren't the only one! I spent days looking for something that was both sugar and fat free, before realizing that I'm just completely blind
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Edy's, Dreyer's (which I think are both the same company now) and Blue Bunny have great frozen fruit bars. Some have sugar, some are sugar free, and some are no sugar added, so you have to read the lables. I think all are fat free and the calories range from 15 - 100. I just bought the Blue Bunny FrozFruit strawberry bars (35 calories for a full size bar). Yummy! I also like the single size bars that come in mixed packs. My favorite flavor is probably the lime no sugar added, but I like all of the flavors especially the berry ones.

The cocunut and other creamy flavors are a bit higher in calorie, so you really have to read the labels.

Another great "ice cream" I make at home. I throw frozen strawberries or other frozen fruit into the blender or food processor and process with a little skim milk until it's creamy. If I want a milkshake I add more skim milk. Then I put it in a bowl or glass and add Splenda if I want it a little sweeter. If I want sorbet or a smoothy instead of ice cream I just use diet Sprite or Mountain Dew instead of milk.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The Edy's and Dreyer's bars are called WholeFruit bars by the way, and the boxes are pretty colorful so they should be pretty easy to spot. I usually buy them at Walmart, but I've seen them in all of the other local grocery stores, except for Aldi's.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote