Old 05-14-2007, 06:49 AM   #1  

Default Week of 5/14

Good Morning!

Have a GREAT week!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #2  

How's this for guilt...
I was at this site on Saturday evening (maybe 7 p.m. or so) and I heard my daughter sniffling behind me. I assumed it was allergies, and said "What's wrong?". No response. I kept typing. More sniffles. When I turned around, I realized she was silently crying...her beloved pet hermit crab had died. Oy, did I feel guilty! Should have checked in sooner. Well, I apologized on Sunday.

We bought a small perennial yesterday and had an official burial for the hermit crab (who had been with us for a year). My daughter absolutely adored taking care of her, and has slept in our room the past 2 nights for extra comfort (last night was the end of that). I don't think we'll get another pet for several months.

On another note, I have more job interviews and another demo. lesson this week. I'm glad to have a busy job search but it will feel nice to wrap it all up (I have said to myself that I'll have a job lined up by June 1--that feels realistic).

In terms of health, I plan to go to Boot Camp tonight and do light cardio tomorrow. I switched back to Flex plan; had started feeling Core was too restrictive (love my morning Flaxstream waffles, for example).

Hope everyone has a good week...
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies! My weekend was so off from what I planned!!! Saturday night I ended up drinking which I didn't plan at all, and I had 3 or 4 light beers! I was already at my points for the day when I started =(

Yesterday I had plans for the restaurant we were going to for lunch BUT we got there and it was closed for rennovations! So we went to another chinese place, but it was all "american" chinese stuff and not the really traditional food. WELL I went to the bathroom when we got there and got back to the table and found out that my MIL just ordered the buffet for everyone. I was so ticked because she is on WW too, and so is my FIL. Apparently they didn't care yesterday. So I stopped the waiter and asked for some egg drop soup as well. It filled me up a bit before I hit the buffet. On top of greasy fried stuff int he buffet, I am allergic to fish and I don't eat red meat so there was more than one reason I DID NOT want to eat the buffet. I had 2 things (a little chicken and broccoli and a little of the rice stick) for the main meal and a couple of the desserts. SO I ended up doing well.

Then I went to my parents and my mom had made dessert (!!!!!) but it was 100% whole wheat gingerbread (only 2 points per serving!) and so I had some with some frozen yogurt. I also had some cucumber and tomato while I was there to get in some veggies. So it was GREAT until I got home and was STARVING at 8:30. I ended up having a toasted pita bread with hummus, some turkey pepperoni and some light cheese. All that stuff at 8:30 was in my extra points which I did NOT want to dip into. I ende dup with 8 extra points left for the week.

Normally I wouldnt be so upset but I woke up on Sunday morning and TOM had arrived! And I felt crampy all day and horrible. SO I weighed myself this morning and after having apparently lost 1.5 pounds this week, after the beer Saturday night and TOM, I am now UP by .8! I'm hoping I can drink lots of water this morning to undo some of the bloating before weigh in tonight. Wish me luck!!!

The best part of Sunday actually was seeing my nephew (4) and niece (3) and SIL and BIL since I hadn't seen them in 2 months and I missed them like CRAZY. My SIL is like a best friend, and I LOVE my niece and nephew. They were all over me! It was sweet, and I realize that I have to go up there soon to see them again for more than an hour or so.

Wow that was long!!! How was everyone else's weekend???

Last edited by modkittn; 05-15-2007 at 09:44 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #4  

Elana-Sorry to hear about your daughter's pet. It is hard for kids, but in some ways it is a learning process so it can be helpful for them to encounter death in this way so they can learn to grieve. Still it's sad. I hope she will feel better soon.

Lori-Don't sweat it, we all have these weeks. .8 is not bad in the scheme of things...you'll be back to normal by next week I am sure! And really you could have done a lot worse with the eating, though you went over it seems fairly controlled.

My weekend was insane. I got sick at work on Friday and left early. We got home and DS got sick. So instead of shopping on Friday we went on Saturday, which took up the whole day. I still feel yucky, turns out everyone at work is sick. Saturday we worked some on the chicken coop after shopping but it was late so we couldn't do too much.

Sunday we went to Mother's day breakfast, I totally blew my points. Then we had lunch at my MILs where I blew it some more.

DS is potty training so the whole weekend was spent saying "Do you have to go potty, lets go potty, don't pee in your pull up/underwear" We got a lot done on the chicken coop yesterday. The floor is in and three walls. We went from 4x8 to 8x8 to accommodate the 6 extra chickens. So now we need to rethink some of our original design. I can't reach into the middle so I need to find a better layout for things like food, water, ect. I am hoping to get it finished this week...baby chicks are ok but once they get this big they start to stink, plus they need room to fly and flap. They are hilarious though, it's been a really great experience, the kids really enjoy them and watch them grow.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #5  

Elana, sorry to hear about the little pet. Poor thing. misty is right though about learning about death. It's still too bad.

Lori, I think you did considerably well considering the situations. Good for you!!

Misty, sorry you're so sicky! That's no good! I'm not looking forward to potty training! It sounds like your chicks are quite the experience.

I'm still doing my water aerobics. It's quite fun, but it's only twice a week. I try to walk too, but it's been too hot for me. My ankles, feet, and fingers swell up tremendously. It's suppose to storm tonight and be cooler tomorrow (at least that's what they tell us on the news!).

Take care!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey gals! So I went to WI last night and I was down 1.2! I was surprised, since I thought I was going to stay the same. But I drank my water yesterday... tons of it! I was feeling super bloated, so that helped a lot I think. My points target went down by one, but I had been preparing for that So no big deal really.

Elana - Oh thats so sad about the hermit crab! I remember when I had hamsters when I was young. I got one and it died a couple of days later. Went back to the store, they gave me another for free and it died a couple of days later. Went back again, another free hamster, but by then I didn't really want one I suppose since I was afraid it would just die again =( So I gave it to a friend and it ended up living a long healthy life haha. But I remember that I guess there was a virus or something like that going around all the hamsters at the store.

Misty - Those chicks sound like they take up a lot of your time! I have a friend who has ducks. I'd never had duck eggs before that but WOW are they good!

iowasteph - i applaud you for doing any type of exercise! My friend who has the ducks is pregnant with her third and due at the end of August. I see how big she is now and I don't even know how she is going to balance herself in a couple of months!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #7  

I've never tried water aerobics (I wear contacts, take them out to swim, hate being so near-sighted in the pool), but it looks fun when I've seen the class. Plus it always feels nice to get that weight lifted. I remember being so contorted toward the end of pregnancy--slept w/2 pillows between my legs, one propping me from behind, etc. And I didn't even gain that much...it was just uncomfortable sometimes (but worth it, I hasten to point out).

Boring PTO meeting at DD's school this morning. It can be a nasty political wasp's nest over there!

Hope everyone has a healthy OP day. (Congrats, Lori, on your loss!)
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #8  

Where is everybody? I went and weighed in today, down another pound, which I didn't think would happen as i gorged on homemade Amish bread that I baked yesterday, lol. Hope all is well with everyone else!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #9  

Hi all!

Been a crazy week for me.

GREAT JOB DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually used to teach water aerobics in highschool and college. I did a regular class and a step class. It was great! It doesn't look dificult but if you really push it you can work up a sweat in the water! I used to do alot of water jogging and walking too. Where I taught we had a moveable floor pool, most of the time for my swim classes it was set at 4 feet deep. I spent alot of time running back and forth with kids. Plus during lap swim I walked around and around the pool for hours trying not to be bored out of my mind in an all white tile room that was 90 degrees and 80% humidity. Never been in better shape in my life! I miss it.

Well we have to take the dog to the vet this morning...if DH gets his buutt in gear. SO I have to run! Hav ea great day!