Old 05-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #1  
.Dreams.Come.True.

S/C/G: 213/191.8/150

Height: 5'4

Unhappy LAWL & The Flu?

Good Morning All. So, Tuesday night I got the flu, or some sort of stomach virus. I'm sure you dont need details, you've all probably experienced it at some point in your life. Anyhow, obviously its very difficult to even eat when you are ill like that, much less eat all the food that is on plan. What do you do? I drank tons of water, slept a lot. Once I was able to eat anything, I ate some crackers (not many at all) and tried to eat a little soup, but didnt even want it. The scale tells me im down 2 lbs from Monday. I guess thats good, but i wonder if when im back to my regular diet, i will gain it back?
jessicarenee331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Jessica - hope you feel better. Isn't it funny that after a day like that we are all excited about what the scale will say. I always say that is the only plus side of being really sick. Obviously when you are that sick, your body will take over and make your decisions for you. You certainly can't force feed yourself all the exchanges LAWL wants you to take in. I know for me a scale loss based on illness usually doesn't stick. I say just get yourself back on plan when you can; don't take the 2 lb loss as a license to pig out, and get well soon.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #3  
.Dreams.Come.True.

S/C/G: 213/191.8/150

Height: 5'4

Joni, I appreciate your thoughts. I think you're right, as I'm already up from the 2 lb loss. Still down from my last WI though. (Monday). And I do feel better, I have no idea what happened! Must've been a 24 hour bug. Thanks for responding though! Have a good night.
jessicarenee331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I've been getting those 24 hr bugs once every year since my DD was born...yuck! My first thought is always "Hmmm...wonder how much I lost", then I see a loss but once I'm able to eat again, I gain it right back.

But I'm glad you're feeling better.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote