Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Angry Stay At Home Mom's #35

STAY AT HOME MOM'S #35
GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!

Welcome to a thread full of humor,encouragement, friendship & fellowship, as we share the ups & downs of raising a family & losing weight! We welcome all new friends and our returning friends too!

Be sure to go back to check out the SAHM's #34 thread to see what has been going on in everyone's lives & meet our newcomers.

**PLEASE NOTE** PLEASE POST HERE INSTEAD OF OVER IN #34, AS IT IS GETTING WAY TOO LONG...... THANKS!

Last edited by Freckles; 03-02-2002 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:55 PM   #2  

Smile

Good Afternoon!

Well, it looks as though the members of our thread & their families are on the mend again. A little sleepy, but feeling a lot better! I've had another busy morning & as usual,the unexpected came up! I ended up helping my DM with her bath & did her laundry. Then...DH called me from the Northwoods & asked if I could get insurance put on the snowmobile. (He forgot to do it!) I'm always looking for a day to myself, but then...maybe I'd get lonely! I did real well staying OP this a.m., but slipped a little for lunch & had a single burger @ Culver's. (Those better-
butter-burgers!) I savored every bite! I'm trying to keep up with my water this afternoon & maybe some of the fat will be cleansed from my bod. Spryng: Glad to see that you seem to be feeling better. It's great to hear that the kids & you got plenty of rest. This sounds like our hour 6 weeks ago. I was sleeping/resting at least 12-16 hours p/day. (Unfortunately, the house showed the results!) Well...one thing for sure with me: I didn't have a bowl of beans for breakfast! I'm not sure if I could eat them that early in the a.m. If I'm going to eat fiber for breakfast, I'll go for the cereal's high in fiber instead & maybe an orange. Switching to high-grain bread seems to be cleaning me out too! I'm not sure where you heard that fiber is hard to digest. It seems the opposite for me & my DM's doctor suggested her to increase her fiber to make her more regular. I know another thing that seems to work for me is to have a Slim Fast for breakfast & another for lunch. I'm extremely hungry when I do this, but I sure make my trips to the bathroom! I hope that the rest of you are doing fine & maybe we'll here from Lilbitofsunshine one of these days. Her vacation must be over, or just about over. I can't wait to hear how her 2nd Honeymoon went. Well, we're supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow here tonight & I have to go & try & figure out how to run the tractor/snowblower. Wish me luck! DH left for the weekend & forgot to show me how to operate it! TTFN
Old 03-02-2002, 07:32 AM   #3  

Hi!

I'm not quite sure why #35 is not showing up first, so that we can start using this one. (The other thread is getting way...too long!) Hope to see you all posting on this new one. See yah later! I'll try & move over the new posts, okay? I hope that you all don't mind me doing this.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:09 AM   #4  

[b]I guess I'm not talented enough to move the newer posts from #34 over to this thread. Ginny: Didn't you do this at some time or another? Well, I finished the day ok yesterday. DD had to perform with the other Pom Pon girls at our schools basketball tournament, so we went to watch her & after the game, it was back to Culver's again! I'm so proud of myself, as I didn't order anything for myself. I figured dd would not finish all of her root beer float & sure enough, a few slurps were left, so I slurped it down!
Well, I'm running out of time, so I'll try & address everyone in a zip. Misty: Glad to see you back! As you can see, I posted yesterday, but it took until this a.m. to show up!! What's going on? Glad to see that you had a great time on vacation & it sounds like a nice vaction spot. I'll have to tell DH about it. As for the challenge, I'm not quite sure what the #'s say on the scale because I'm afraid to hop on! I'm also studying different weightloss plans to see if I find one that I can live with. Lately, I have good intentions, but the complete motivation is not there. Spryng: Glad to see that your family is back to normal again! Congrats on the 1# loss, you lucky duck, you! Ginny: Thanks for the kind words & also your comment about the chocolate covered cherries. I'm trying to stay away from them, really! Well, it's back to the tournament again today. I have to be there by 9:30 to work out in the kitchen & it snowed here last night & I have to go blow out the driveway. TTFN
Old 03-02-2002, 07:47 PM   #5  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi! I was kinda wondering what was going on here. Seems 3FC might be having some trouble again, I hope not. I've had withdrawls all vacation. If it shuts down now I'll have a breakdown, really I will!
Ginny I wonder how you do it?! It always sounds like you are doing 10 jobs at once. Is this what I have to look forward to when my children become of school age? I'll never be prepared for it. Jackie you always seem to be doing it too. Maybe you two should get together and start a manual for Spryng and I? Kudos to both of you. You are both awsome super moms!
As for me I had no problem staying OP thus far. I even took a trip to the grocery store and avoided all the sweet samples! Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's birthday party. She will be one! We are having a party for her. It's going to me a rough time for me to stay on track with all the goodies running around here. I'm so excited though. I baked a huge cake and we are making ice cream. The kids love it, me too. I'll never grow up!
Ginny if you come across any really great diet plans, let me know. I'm also in the process of looking for something new. For now I'm still doing the low calories. I can't seem to get in gear for the Adkins diet. I don't think it is for me. I'm really into all my vegi's and I grow a garden too. Oh, I have a question too. Might be a dumb one, if so just over look me while I'm in the moment. Is there a difference between carb's found in bread and pastas than in vegi's? Someone help me to figure this out. I'm reall stumped. Okay I gotta go look for games for the kiddies to play tomorrow. Nighty Nite.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:14 PM   #6  

Lilbitofsunshine:

I'll try & answer your question on carbs first. I'm not sure if I'm quite accurate with an answer though. I do believe that the carbs found in breads & pastas are processed carbs & are more concentrated. In fruits, etc., they are a natural form of carbs, which are better for you. If anyone else has a better way of explaining this, please correct me. Thanks! I hope that your 1 y/o dd has/had a Happy Birthday! They are so sweet & innocent at that age! On the Super Mom part: I always tease the kids & DH about being Super Mom, but I tend to fall apart once in awhile. I do have fun when they ask for something & then something else, over & over again. This is when I get up or start running around the house saying: "It's Super Mom, she can do anything!" They then get the drift & leave me alone for at least 10-15 minutes. (They think it's quite funny!)
Well, I'd like to keep typing away, but I'm feeling kind of grubby & need a shower! I'm snowed in @ home today with a 16" snowdrift across our driveway, so this is why it doesn't really matter if I'm all grubbed up! DH comes home in a few hours, so I'd better get myself looking like something!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 03-03-2002, 09:34 PM   #7  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Well the birthday party was a hit! Kids are all tuckered out by this time and have gone to bed. So hard to believe she is one. She's such a little doll. I have a ton of pictures to have developed between today and our vacation. Hope Walmart is having a special! As for my eating today, do you all really want to know? I decided if I was gonna shoot the diet in the foot I was gonna do it good and take her down! Hot dogs with chili and the works, cake, ice cream, chips, candy and soda (not diet either). I didn't even count the calories. Why bother. Shoot I guess we gotta get it out of our systems. Who can be good all the time. Not me! Funny stuff about the super mom. I can totally see it. Oh how I dread those days coming. My 2 1/2 y/o is begining to develope an opinion of her own, I can only imagine what it will be like when she is older. She is so emotional (at this age it is so hard to believe) I'm going to have my hands full. She is so much like me. It scares me to death! Well I gotta go to bed, I have a huge day ahead! Nighty Nite. I hope the other girls aren't having trouble finding us?
Old 03-05-2002, 09:39 AM   #8  

Good Morning!

I hope that Ginny doesn't mind, but I brought "MY" #35 post to the top. It really doesn't matter to me which one we use, but I didn't want our "current posts" not looked at.
(PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS AS OFFENSIVE, I JUST WANTED US TO STAY "CURRENT") Thanks!!
Old 03-05-2002, 09:52 AM   #9  

Hi, It's me again!

Lilbitofsunshine: Glad to hear that dd's party was a big hit! Don't worry about splurging, unless it gets habit forming, like I'm going thru! I'm at the REAL GUILTYstage right now, so maybe I'm over the hump & can really get serious again. DH & DS finally fixed my recumbent bike last night. I can now officially read my posts & check out other websites while I'm a peddlin' away!
I'm not peddlin' yet, because it w/b a little awkward in my short little nightie! It's garbage day again, so I didn't want to get dressed yet & make it outside in the cold. Once the garbage is to the road, I will then put on my sweats & start peddlin' & surfing the web! I hope that Ginny has found this thread & is not insulted. (If so, I'll still love you, Ginny!) Well, it's time for me to face the cold outside. TTFN!

Last edited by Freckles; 03-05-2002 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!
I hope everyone is doing well today. I'm recovering today from over eating yesterday. I was doing really well and then we went to my dm and something put me over the edge. Depression. I ate and ate all evening. I don't feel bad about it rightnow I just don't want to do it again so today I'm getting strict on myself again. I was losing too well lately to blow it on some cold pizza and hard cookies. What got into me??? That stuff never entices me, but it did last night. But ok....I did it and now I am moving on....eating good today....
How's everyone else doing?
Old 03-05-2002, 10:05 AM   #11  

Spryng:

We must have been posting at the same time! As I have said to Misty, don't get too hard on yourself. (Unless you got as bad as I did!) For you two, it's still early enough to nip it in the "Bud" ! Now that you have mentioned on not knowing what is happening, I wonder if that bug has anything to do with our cravings. They always say that your body sometimes craves the foods that you're body needs. Maybe we didn't eat enough of these things when we were sick. Lets try & build up our immune systems, okay? (With good foods!)
Old 03-05-2002, 10:52 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Me stupid!! Silly me starting a new thread when Jackie had already done so.!!
I am just here for a quick check in to say hello. I hope to get back on later and read the posts and catch up with everyone.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 03-05-2002, 01:55 PM   #13  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi All! Looks like we had a mix up there, huh? Glad you found us Ginny! You're not alone there Spryng. I've been doing some overeating myself. I'm out of it now though. It was getting out of control for me, Jackie. I haven't been sick either. So what can my excuse be? To many temptations. I threw them all out today. I really am not strong enough to have all those sweets in the house. I must be addicted to sugar. It really is my only weakness as far as food goes.

Other than that it has been slow around here. I've been hanging on the nerves edge though. DH keeps asking me what is wrong and that only makes it worse. It's just my head, goes along with depression. I'll be fine, made an appointment to see the doc tomorrow. I really feel like it is just winter blues. I'm itching to get outside and start my garden. The kids are driving me alittle crazy too. Keeping 2 kids cooped up inside is not good for my nerves! Lets all hope (& pray) for March to go out like a lamb. Okay enough of my wallowing in pity, I gotta go meditate before I come all undone.
Misty
Old 03-05-2002, 03:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

My heart goes out to you Misty!! I know how it feels to have two toddlers cooped up all winter! I suffer from those winter blues too. We are about to buy a fence for our acre of a yard and as soon as it is up and the weather is warmer out they go!! I'll get out my lawn chairs and a good book and let those two little animals run until their legs fall off They really are fed up with me too I think. If I didn't have this thread to back me up I'd be sitting in a corner with my thumb in my mouth and the kids ransacking the house! ha ha! So thanks ladies just for being on the other side of the computer screen. Adult conversation can never be over rated.
I'm doing pretty good today. I had yogurt for breakfast and two low cal sandwiches for lunch. So so far so good.
Oh I found a diet you ladies who were wanting to try something different might be interested in. have you ever tried a cleansing diet?? I bought a woman's world magazine. The Mar 12 issue. And on the cover it said lose 10 lbs in 48 hours. So I had to buy it. But this isn't a miracle diet per say. It is a cleansing diet.
This is what you do. You go to your health food store and buy a cleansing pill or shake or whatever you are comfortable with and take it according to instructions and then eat like this ...
1. upon rising have 2 (8 oz) glasses of filtered water with 1/4 fresh lemon squeezed in each
2. breakfast - 1 1/2 cups fresh fruit
3. midmorning snack - 1 cup oatmeal prepared with water; and 1/4 cup fruit if desired
4. lunch - unlimited steamed low carb vegtables, such as broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini and sugar snaps peas. and one small baked potatoe or yam, optional.
5. midafternoon snack - unlimited fat free vegtable soup
6. dinner - unlimited steamed low carb vegtables and one baked potato or yam, optional.
Do this for 7 days and they guarentee it will cleanse your body and melt some fat in the process. But you have to do it for 7 days. They stated that the average person lost a lb a day on this some more.
If you are interested and want to learn more email me and I'd be happy to answer any questions. I want to try it but I have to wait until we have a little extra money for the health food store. They aren't cheap. But I think everyone's body could use a cleansing. It cleans the liver out which plays a vital role detoxification, bile drainage, blood circulation and filtration, blood glucose regulation, and the synthesis and storage of amino acids, proteins, vitamins and fats. That's what the magazine says anyway Sounds interesting though.
Well I guess I should get off here. Talk to you later!
Old 03-05-2002, 04:11 PM   #15  

Smile

Can't get rid of me today!

Well, I did pedal on my recumbent bike today. I stayed on for almost an hour, burned 576 calories & pedalled 19.17 mi.
HOT BUNS!! (Ginny's old saying for me!) Well, I didn't exactly feel my buns burning, but my clothes sure were wet! It helped my anxiety/depression too! I've been kind of down for the past couple of days. I'm sure you all know, I take Wellbutrin, an anti-depressant & I've been really bad at taking it at the recommended times lately. I'm trying really hard to remember, but still slip once in awhile, which only once in awhile can throw me over the edge. I guess part of my forgetfulness is due to running 2 households for the past 3 wks. (Due to my DM having surgery) Over the weekend, I think I had burn-out syndrome from helping out @ the basketball tournament, helping DM & trying to keep my own home above water! I kind of shut down on Saturday afternoon & I think that my DH was shocked when he saw how the house looked! I then told him, you took the weekend off & so did I! That shut him up! Now, DD is home with bug that everyone seems to be getting & is the same one that she had 3 wks. ago. It must of came out of remission again! I'm taking her for a throat culture in a few minutes, as I think she may have strepp. Yesterday she had a fever of 103 d., but today it's normal. Her tonsils are extremely inflamed , so this is why I'm getting a culture taken. Spryng: When I'm in town today, I think that I'll see if my library has that Woman's World magazine issue for the cleansing diet. I used to be on Herbalife, which I don't believe in anymore, but I did like their detoxifying herbs & I did see a big difference on the scale & with my complexion. Thanks for the info!! Misty: You don't have to be sick to have an excuse to have cravings once in awhile. I think that it's natural for our bodies to crave once in awhile & eat the wrong foods. Our bodies cry out in the strangest ways once in awhile. Just draining the energy out of our bodies is enough to get cravings. I hope that you are feeling better with the blues. I'm sure waiting for springtime & especially summer!
Summer is my favorite time of year & once fall is here, I start getting depressed again! It has to be SAD, as when summer is here again, I feel like a kid! Speaking of kids, it looks like the majority of us are cooped up inside with them! DD is starting to really get bored & is begging for homework! Well, we have to leave for the Doc's in a few minutes, so TTFN!
Closed Thread