Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #252.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning to all you jaded ladies,

FrouFrou - FrouFrou?? Hope your back is even better today. About the elliptical, they are much more affordable than treadmills, since there is no motor. I tell ya, I can feel it working lots and lots of different muscles. I can't do many steps yet, but it does have a setting for 10,000 steps. That made me laugh, since using it is like climbing a mountain, lol.

PinkJane - it's so fun to have you and some of the others who are as nuts about WDW as I am. We're already making some plans for our trip there next March, since we're going to Universal Studios and Island of Adventure, too. I wish we were going sooner, like you, but this is our Christmas gift to the kids. Well, the tickets are. This will be my 9th trip, and I never get tired of it. What's your most favorite thing to do there?

Sue - yay for lost inches! I had some Grecian wind flowers in town, and they were so pretty. Kind of like tiny multi-colored daisies. Hope you can fix your bike.

Marti - wow, sounds like a good variety in your garden. It all sounds yummy. My favorite is the tomatoes. I never get tired of them.

Today I'll be watching baby Jackson while Gina spends the day with Mackenzie on a field trip to the zoo. Can't wait to get my hands on him! Tonight is the twins' graduation from preschool. I think I'll probably cry at that. I'm doing great OP, and am using the elliptical, going for as long as I can, and adding to it each day.

Toodles,
Old 05-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Well, kids are graduating (my son from 8th and my daughter from HS) at the end of the month....exactly 2 weeks from TODAY...I need to get busy! I 'planned' on being in the 150's by then but I'm still dangling above the 160's! So I'm going to set my goal for something obtainable. Like 165.5 (40 pounds down from the beginning) and I'll be proud of myself for that. I need to do somethings to boost it down tho. Yesterday I did ok...except for lunch wasn't so great. But the reason I stayed the same is I think because I was drinking a diet coke late into the night....trying to do the books.
I think i'll be able to motivate myself into moving the scale down further. I know i'll be happy when I hit the 160's. So today I'll work on drinking my water and eating some salmon. And I think I can get it down some. But I think TOM is suppose to be visiting..psh...next week. So I might have some ups and downs yet!
Thanks for the support girls! I needed that.
Tina
Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Thursday, Ladies!

Did the Wally World thing this morning. I've been going later and later it seems. Not bad though...was in and out in a jiffy. Then ran over to this little nursery stand. They always put up a little spot in the shopping center and for the last three years I've bought this little ground cover that has purple flowers, anyway. I bought some of those last week, along with 2 carpet rose bushes that I can't plant yet. Went back to get three more but wanted red and they were out. so bought a white one to go in between the two red. She called their store to see if they had any red ones to send them over so waiting for her to call me back to get those. Those are going in the back by the deck. Headed to Sams later to pick up lots of water and other necessities. Back is feeling much better. Still have to be careful though.

Froufrou...yeah, it's a band and something I thought was kind of random. But I like it...don't like using my name for my username.

PINKJANE...your vacation sounds like it is going to be so much fun! Glad DH will get to spend the weekend home with you.

JANE...I would love to get my hands on Jackson to! It's been soooo long since I have been around a little one. Have fun with him today and give him some hugs and kisses for me! And squeeze those cheeks too! IT Figures has an ellipitcal, that's when I started using one. I love them! But the first time on it, OUCH! Have fun with yours.

SUE...WTG on the inches! Sorry your chain broke on your bike. This sale will be our last too! Trying to get rid of extra stuff we don't need. Whatever doesn't get sold will be given away...it won't go back into boxes in the house.

MARTI...I was wondering if you planted a flower garden or vegetable garden, just forgot to ask. It sounds good! Quite an array of veggies, and watermelon, yummy! I was going to the chiro for a while. Should have finished going because it really loosened me up and felt so good! When my back is out though, it makes it worse, especially when he tries to pop it back into place, ouch. I do need to get back to going though.

TINA...2 graduations?! Good luck with them both. Mine made me sad, but happy too! Sad because it made me realize that my kids were growing up. Even if you don't get to your goal for them, you should feel proud of how far you have come so far. You are doing great!

Hello to everyone else, JULES, MINDEE, SASSY, TAMMY, VANN, MARYKATE and anyone I forgot to mention. Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a terrific Thursday!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Me again...

...MINDEE, just received your thank you card and you are welcome. Hoping all is well with you and the family, especially baby Marissa. Can't wait to watch her grow as we have the boys. Take care.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #6  

Good evening ladies....

Tomorrow is Friday......thank goodness for that!! Not like it was a bad week or anything, just would rather spend my time doing something other than going to work.

Jane--I LOVE tomatoes. And the funny thing about that is as a kid, I absolutely hated them, and I also had some bad issues w/them because of that. Not sure when I started to like them. James planted some currant tomatoes. I have never heard or seen them before. The lady at the nursery told him they were tiny (great for salads) with a great big taste! Sounds perfect! I hope you have a wonderful time with Jackson today. Give a hug for me!

Tina--Cristina is right, you should feel extremely proud for how much you've lost so far. You look great and I'm sure you're feeling great too. You know...I had to give myself a pep talk this morning. With the moving and other things that have been going on around here, I lost track of what was important to me when it comes to my health. I think we all need pep talks here and there every once in awhile, whether it be from others or from yourself. Anyway.....my point being.....we're always here for ya!

Cristina--I've never heard of the band, will have to look it up. I really hope that your back starts to feeling better soon. I know how miserable I feel when my back goes out. And it's usually due to my sciatic nerve...that hasn't really acted up in awhile.................oops....now I've done it, mentioned it and watch, next week I'll be whining that I'm all bummed up!

Hello to all you other gals out there.

Tomorrow I'm covering for a gal who is taking the day off. Which is perfect for Friday. I need to be there at 8:00.....and that means I get to come home at 4:30......and have plenty of time to spend w/hubby who should be home by then. Looking forward to being off early. Knowing that I had to be up early and having to get to bed earlier, I did my walking this morning. I had so much energy it was great.
It's really strange. When I walk in the mornings, I have incredible energy. When I walk in the evenings, I sleep wonderfully. So I'm benefitting from either schedule. How cool is that?

Ok.....I need to get off the computer and do some cleanup in the kitchen. I've been keeping up w/the clutter much better than I have ever done. What was wrong w/me before????

Have a great night!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #7  

Thanks Marti! I REALLY appreciate that. Yes it's nice to have people put things in perspective. I know that my kids won't notice a couple pounds at graduation....they'll just notice me in the crowd...yelling 'THAT'S MY KID!'. HAHA! So, really! But yes truly I'm happy with how far I've come but I know that I'm going to finish this time. Expecially with you all cheering me on and doing this WITH me.

Froufrou...Same to you! THANKS! I had a REALLY bad evening last night....mama drama....and it's nice to come on here and have ALL of this great support. I think if it wasn't for you all I would sometimes just go lock myself up and eat my way into ablivian (sp)

Well, today I have a lot of bookwork to do. I have to pay some bills..yuck. And try to figure out what to do on a personal front. (personal issues) So please those that pray ~ could you send one up for me? Thanks!

Tina
Old 05-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Just a fly-by. Busy morning and not much time now to spend on the computer. Mainly got on to check my e-mail. Will post more tomorrow. Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Hi all, sorry I haven't been posting though I have been lurking....

Lots going on. Reader's Digest Condensed version is work still sucks and keeps me busy, I have been having problems with my allergies of course since it is spring, I ended up with the flu and had no voice for two days, DH and I are trying to work through our problems to salvage our 21 year old relationship, my niece and her little Blair are doing well, Little Henry Joseph arrived on Thursday, 8 lbs, 4 oz, 21 1/2 inches long looking like a carbon copy of his Daddy with the exception of a head full of jet black hair (will be a heartbreaker with the black hair and his Daddy's green eyes), DS and his gf are having problems which is breaking my heart, DD broke up with the bf who was going to be a cop--too controlling and violent, she met a new guy who has a three year old who calls her TeriBeri and will soon have a little sibling since DD is now pregnant--went to the first appt today and heard the heart beat and got an ultrasound picture the tentative due date is Dec 28, she goes for the sonogram to get a better idea of the date next month--she can't remember her last period date, all we know is that on March 19, the hospital did a pregnancy test when she had the stone to rule out an etopic pregnancy and she definitely was not pregnant then.

Well, I will try to keep up better!!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Gotta make this kinda quick, have to run the boy to his softball game, then go pick up Hubby at the truckstop...was a beautiful day today, had to do some runnin around town...just finished my 60 on the treadmill, gonna make salads for dinner when we get back...well have a Good Evening All.

Jane - this will probably sound corny but I was at Disneyland when they opened the Carousel of Progress and it was always my fav., when they took it out to put it in WDW I just about cried LOL, so now whenever we go that is my first stop at the Magic Kingdom and then on to the Tiki Room LOL...but honestly I love everything about WDW.

Pink Jane

Your next WDW vacation is 114 days away!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #11  

Gotta SHARE....
I went shopping with my DD and she had to buy jeans. So I thought I would try some on too. And I told the lady that I was probably a size 32. (these are in lucky jeans) and that I was wearing a size 10 but that Express jeans normally run kinda big for the size. So she grabbed some for me to try on and I ended up walking out with a size 8 and 29!!!! Woah! I was shocked and happy! Now I can see I need to lose weight in my midsection but still I was so thrilled with these jeans. And the first pair I tried on my butt was too big for (too low) but these are perfect. I love them. They're relaxed fit and midrise. So they cover the crack! haha! WOW.. (me dancing in my jeans) What a motivation too. I thought about running on my treadmill when I got home. After I eat my salmon burger I will! haha!

Tina

continued....I DID eat salmon and run on my treadmill. I think I had some frustration (mama drama) to get out and boy did it feel good. Very recommended. :P

Last edited by onmyown; 05-19-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ya Jules!

Wow sounds like you've been very busy! Big as well.

Hi to everybody else out there! I hope you all are doing well and have a Great Weekend!

WTG Tina! That is awesome!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Happy Saturday to you!

Tina - first off, a big WOOHOO for the smaller jeans! What an accomplishment! About the graduations, I cried at each of my 3 kids' graduations. That "Pomp and Circumstance" melody gets me everytime.

FrouFrou - the roses sound just beatiful. I had some "carefree delight" ones at the house where Mary is living now, and liked those so much because they really were carefree. What I've got now is Fern's roses that we transplanted at the new house. I had a beautiful bouquet of my cut flowers for Mother's Day and took a picture of it to share with you guys, if I can just take the time to get it on here, lol.

Marti - are you talking about grape tomatoes? I buy little tiny ones at Walmart, but Neal has planted some for me, and I love them in salads. Have a good time with your sweetie this weekend.

Jules - wow, what a range of emotion for you, sweetie. I hope you and your DH can work it out, Julie, but if not, you can't say you didn't try. Follow your heart. And I'm so sorry that your son is hurting. When Terry was 19, the girl he loved with all his heart broke up with him, and there was nothing I could do for him, and I felt so helpless. So I know what you're going through. Congrats for new little Henry Joseph! He sounds like a real cutie. Thank God Teri is out of the relationship with the last bf - she sure doesn't need a guy like that. Now on to the best part - YOU'RE GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!! WOOHOO! Julie, it's the best thing ever, and you'll make a wonderful one. What a great little Christmas present.

Mindee - I got your card early in the week, and thank you for it. Hope all is well for you and yours.

Pink Jane - nope, that's not corny at all. My fave at MK is It's a Small World because of the delight my DGDs get from it, and the 3-D show Mickey's Philharmagic. It's totally awesome, and you have to promise you'll go see that. It's a fast-past ride, but the seating holds tons of people. I also love the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, Toon Town, and just about everything else, too, lol. Btw, they have a great salad w/chicken at Pinnochio's.

Sassy - glad to see you!

Hello to Tammy, Vann, Sue, Mary Kate, and everyone else reading this.

My scrapbooking crop was last night, and we all had such a good time. One of the pages I did is a photo of Neal with Mackenzie the 8 y/o planting pumpkin seeds when she was 4. I bought a fresh pack of pumpkin seeds, emptied it out, and use the package on the page.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today, other than tackle the never-ending Mount Washmore.

Have a good weekend, ladies.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #14  
ugggg.....

PinkJane--we are doing more salads ourselves

Tina--Wow--good for you--I haven't wore a size 29 waist jean since my second pregnancy with dd

Sassy--it's been very stressful to say the least but I need to let it all go--I can't fix it all even though I want too!! Hugs are good!!

Jane--DS is the one having the doubts and I love his gf - have for the past 5 years of their on/off relationship and she is good for him--I told him to think hard before he made any decisions--if he breaks her heart again I think she will finally be done. I have so many mixed emotions--I am so excited to be a grandma--the ultrasound picture is on my fridge, dd was the one that was never having kids and the guy is nice but really immature for a 24 year old that has a 3 year old daughter. Their relationship is still so new--they argue alot and I am not sure she would have stayed with him if she wasn't pregnant, her roomate and him absolutely hate each other. Boy--even when the kids are grown things don't get any easier!!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #15  

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up to rain. Well, more like sprinkles. I'm so glad that I mowed the lawn after work yesterday!! ( I love my yard....I will have to post another photo of it!)

Jules--I'm so sorry that you're having so many thing occur in your life right now. Great big hugs from me to you!! I hope that everything turns out alright, especially w/DH. 21yrs is a long time. But as Jane has said...follow your heart.

Tina--What a fantastic NSV!!! So happy for you.....in fact, I'm a bit jealous of you!! I wanna fit into smaller jeans too! You must be on cloud nine!

PinkJane--Oh my gosh...the tiki room! I've gone to DL once w/my family when I was 8. I'll always remember the Tiki Room. As you know, the lights are dim as you enter and find a seat. There were 7 of us in my family (5 kids) and we were all quiet and behaving well. An older couple was walking down the aisle to find a couple of seats....apparently the woman didn't see me (I was at the end w/an empty seat next to me) and she proceeded to sit in my lap! My parents had to let her know what was going on because I froze in place and couldn't move or speak. What a memory eh?

Jane--No, they're called Currant tomatoes. They're the size of peas. I have never heard of them and actually had to get online to look them up to see how small they really were. I didn't know they even existed! But don't they sound perfect for salads?? I love the sound of your page you did of Neil and DGD! And that is such a great idea using the package of the seeds. I have this photo of my grandpa working in his flower garden and had planned on doing the same thing. I miss scrapbooking!! Really need to get my stuff together and organized and start again. My sister is starting a cropping event each month starting in June. Can't wait!

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Well I have some things I wanna do today so off the computer I go! You all enjoy your weekend!!

Hugs!
Closed Thread