Old 05-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #1  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Default Sea World Orlando

My DH and I decided to take a last minute vacation the week of Memorial Day. Too last minute to do Disney, but we're going to hit Sea World. I've been researching the website, but I was just wondering if anyone's been there and has any tips of things to do/see, etc. My DD is soooo excited to see the animals - it should be a blast. We're leaving on the 28th and will be back the 2nd.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #2  
bbrown

S/C/G: 286/286/150

You definitely want to see the Blue Horizons show and Pets Ahoy. Oh and if you have never been to the clyde and seamore show than you definitely dont want to miss it, but get there early because of the mime.
bbrown006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Is Busch Gardens in the Orlando area? I have heard that it is incredible.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #4  

I think that Busch Gardens is in Tampa? I've never been to SeaWorld, so I'm really excited. The tickets come with a second day free, so I want to take in as many shows as possible. I did see something about the Pets Ahoy on the website...it caught my attention because my DD would really enjoy something like that.

Any more suggestions, tips?...
Old 05-17-2007, 01:18 PM   #5  

My dd and I go to Disneyworld every year and take 1 day off to go to Sea World.

Definately the Clyde and Seymore show and our personal favorite is Dine with Shamu. You get to have dinner in a secluded setting next to the Orca pen. One of the trainers will come out during dinner and show how they train them and will answer all your questions.

Oh, and the food? Fab! Gormet buffet for adults and a kid friendly gormet-buffet for the youngsters.

One last must do: the oyster divers. Guys dive into tanks and bring up oysters (for a cost, of course. I think it's like $12) and you pick out the one you want. Take it inside to the jeweler and they will open the shell, clean the pearl and string it if you want. We add a new pearl each year.

Have fun!!! (and bring sunblock LOL)
Kelster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #6  

Great tips, Kelster...thank you so much! How old is your DD?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #7  

Definitely see the Clyde and Seamore show as others have stated. Also, we took our oldest DD right before she turned three, and she LOVED the shark exhibit!! We had to go twice. She also got a kick out of seeing the Clydesdale horse at the Anheuser-Busch Hospitality Center. FYI, they give out free "samples" (they are FULL glasses!!) at the Hospitality Center, as well.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote