Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #1  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Going today for my first appointment!

I'm going for my first LAWL appointment this afternoon and I'm a little nervous. My husband went earlier in the week and we are both signing up, but I have to go today for my initial weigh-in, etc. We are both excited about doing this program as a family. We both weigh over 300 so we have significant weight to lose and are NOT expecting a miraculous quick weight loss. We just know that we have to find a new lifestyle for us and our kids so that we can enjoy life and do more together. We're in it for the long haul.

While he and I will be doing this to lose weight, I'm also excited about this chance to help our kids eat healthier, too. I know that I will have lots of questions from those of you who have been on the program for a while. It's so hard to start something new!

I do have a couple of questions for now:
  • How much weight can I expect to lose each week initially? I know it's around 2 pounds per week once you settle into the program, but can I expect that initial big loss that those of us with lots to lose usually experience?
  • What are some favorite LAWL snacks - aside from the protein bars?
  • My kids (6 & 3) both LOVE salads. I'm hoping lots of green salads are included in this plan. Am I right?

Thanks so much!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #2  
Val

Welcome 'belle!

I am with you in the 300 lb club. I joined on March 19, and personally lost 13 pounds in the first week. I then settled into 3 to 4 lbs/week, though have slowed down quite a bit in the last week or so, to a total of 31 lbs currently.

My favorite LA snacks are the BBQ soy crisps and the biscotti.

You certainly can have lots of green salads - good for your kids! I'm impressed, my brothers' kids are about the same ages as yours and those 2 won't touch anything but mac 'n cheese and candy
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on making such an important decision about your health. You are right.....your whole family will benefit from this. Good for you. You are in luck. If you want to eat salad only for your veggie for a day, you are allowed 12 cups. Each serving is 3 cups) Whoohoo. I love salad myself......and often eat it for 3 of my 4 veggie exchanges. My kids also eat salads.......well, all of them except my 4 yo son.......and it is not for lack of trying........he tries it every now and then, but just can't seem to like it. Anyway........welcome, welcome, welcome!!!! Everyone here is super supportive, and will become some of your best friends while making the transition to a healthier lifestyle
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote