Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 02:01 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ And Ready To Try Again... #139

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 03-05-2002, 02:37 AM   #2  

First let me say how much I miss our picture options.
I looked at the announcements and there is a good reason why it has been removed and HOPEFULLY it will be reinstated soon. It can't be too soon for me.

Second... I too have to admit it is HARD to post here when you feel like a fraud. I got off program and I am struggling to get back on. I have not pigged out.... but I am not practicing a losing lifestyle either.

There is that ever lasting question.... Why????
Why do we continure to eat when we FEEL better eating on program???
Why do we throw away WEEKS or even MONTHS of success for one afternoon of some stupid food item???
Why do we trade in our PRIDE for shame???

My Tuesday Tip is this.....
We are creatures of habit. We MUST CHANGE.
We think it will be DIFFERENT this time.... IT WON'T Be.
We must make a DECISION ... a Commitment ... and stick to it.
And last but not least.....
WE MUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP trying AGAIN.

That is why I will SUCCEED in the end....
I am a PROUD member of 300+ and READY TO TRY AGAIN !!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 07:51 AM   #3  

Taking the lead from 2Cute here is my tip to add to yours:

Who is your most honest friend?
Answer: your mirror.
Your mirror never lies.
Especially if it's a full length one.
The best way to start dieting
Take a long hard look at yourself in your mirror.
Okay, you may look a bit gross in parts, but who cares?
This is the worst you're going to look.
From now on it's only going to get better, right?
When you start dieting, always look the truth straight in the eye.
It gives you great motivation to continue, when things get rough.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:02 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning all

Cute: My elephant may be a male and he does think your cute

I cooked my meatless meal last night and it went well but DH said he wants meat tonight.

I took some fat free graham crackers and put a glob of fat free whipped topping between them wrapped in foil and put in freezer. They were great DH even like them.

I got a research job in the mail yesterday so I have to get busy. It gives me some spending money which is always great. I am going to get my hair done and buy some things for the house.

Well I better get off here and find something to eat.
Lets get down with our bad selfes

Last edited by Grannie39074; 03-05-2002 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:39 PM   #5  

OH 2Cute!! The WHY of it!! I wish I knew the answer. (If I did I'd be thin....and rich!!) I ask myself why, why, why all the time. I never know the answer.

Well, last night I was brutally attacked by LEMON SQUARES!!! OK,OK! I made them myself. They were sitting in my cabinet and had been calling to me for days. I broke down and whipped them up. I ate a few of them and put the pan in the fridge. Well, once again I battle with the upbringing where you don't dare waste any food. But then something I read on this thread a long time ago popped into my head, and I think it was 2Cute that said it. How much did I pay for the lemon squares??? $2.00. Isn't my sucess worth that $2.00?? I'm going to blow everything away cuz I can't throw away $2.00 worth of junk food??? NO WAY!! BYE-BYE down the garbage disposal!!!!

Well, so far so good today. Did most of my exercise. I was interrupted in the last 5 minutes by the phone, and never finished. Thinking about doing the whole thing again this afternoon though. MOTIVATION!!!! WOW!! Anyhoo, got to go. My 2 year old is potty training and she's gotta go again!!
Jen
Old 03-05-2002, 01:10 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Tuesday Tips

10 Essential Health Tips
(The Basics to Practice Every Day)

"He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything." -Arabian Proverb

1. Move More
Make it a daily challenge to find ways to move your body. Climb stairs if given a choice between that and escalators or elevators. Walk your dog; chase your kids; toss balls with friends, mow the lawn. Anything that moves your limbs is not only a fitness tool, it's a stress buster. Think 'move' in small increments of time. It doesn't have to be an hour in the gym or a 45-minute aerobic dance class or tai chi or kickboxing. But that's great when you're up to it. Meanwhile, move more. Thought for the day: Cha, Cha, Cha…. Then do it!

2. Cut Fat
Avoid the obvious such as fried foods, burgers and other fatty meats (i.e. pork, bacon, ham, salami, ribs and sausage). Dairy products such as cheese, cottage cheese, milk and cream should be eaten in low fat versions. Nuts and sandwich meats, mayonnaise, margarine, butter and sauces should be eaten in limited amounts. Most are available in lower fat versions such as substitute butter, fat free cheeses and mayonnaise. Thought for the day: Lean, mean, fat-burning machine…. Then be one!

3. Quit Smoking
The jury is definitely in on this verdict. Ever since 1960 when the Surgeon General announced that smoking was harmful to your health, Americans have been reducing their use of tobacco products that kill. Just recently, we've seen a surge in smoking in adolescents and teens. Could it be the Hollywood influence? It seems the stars in every movie of late smoke cigarettes. Beware. Warn your children of the false romance or 'tough guy' stance of Hollywood smokers. Thought for the day: Give up just one cigarette…. the next one.

4. Reduce Stress
Easier said than done, stress busters come in many forms. Some techniques recommended by experts are to think positive thoughts. Spend 30 minutes a day doing something you like. (i.e.,Soak in a hot tub; walk on the beach or in a park; read a good book; visit a friend; play with your dog; listen to soothing music; watch a funny movie. Get a massage, a facial or a haircut. Meditate. Count to ten before losing your temper or getting aggravated. Avoid difficult people when possible. Thought for the day: When seeing red, think pink clouds….then float on them.

5. Protect Yourself from Pollution
If you can't live in a smog-free environment, at least avoid smoke-filled rooms, high traffic areas, breathing in highway fumes and exercising near busy thoroughfares. Exercise outside when the smog rating is low. Exercise indoors in air conditioning when air quality is good. Plant lots of shrubbery in your yard. It's a good pollution and dirt from the street deterrent. Thought for the day: 'Smoke gets in your eyes'…and your mouth, and your nose and your lungs as do pollutants….hum the tune daily.

6. Wear Your Seat Belt
Statistics show that seat belts add to longevity and help alleviate potential injuries in car crashes. Thought for the day: Buckle down and buckle up.

7. Floss Your Teeth
Recent studies make a direct connection between longevity and teeth flossing. Nobody knows exactly why. Perhaps it's because people who floss tend to be more health conscious than people who don't? Thought for the day: Floss and be your body's boss.

8. Avoid Excessive Drinking
While recent studies show a glass of wine or one drink a day (two for men) can help protect against heart disease, more than that can cause other health problems such as liver and kidney disease and cancer. Thought for the day: A jug of wine should last a long time.

9. Keep a Positive Mental Outlook
There's a definitive connection between living well and healthfully and having a cheerful outlook on life. Thought for the day: You can't be unhappy when you're smiling or singing.

10. Choose Your Parents Well
The link between genetics and health is a powerful one. But just because one or both of your parents died young in ill health doesn't mean you cannot counteract the genetic pool handed you. Thought for the day: Follow these basic tips for healthy living and you can better control your own destiny.

:sheep: :sheep:
Old 03-05-2002, 02:18 PM   #7  

Talking Wahoo !!!!

HI everyone.

I just had to hop in and share that I am ON PROGRAM today.
I ate my eggs for breakfast and tuna, celery and brocolli for lunch. Two veggies.!!!
I am even drinking more water again.

IT FEELS SOOOOOO GOOD !!!!!!!

Jen... congrats for throwing away those lemon squares. !!!
I wish I could take credit for it .. but I don't think it was me.
But then again... I gab so much who knows what all I have said.

gotta run..... bye
Old 03-05-2002, 06:24 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Default How YOU doin?

What's new kittycats?

I can't believe I missed a whole day of posting...I was so busy yesterday, I never had the chance...didn't get much chance to sleep either and went on to have an absolutely, completely and utterly HORRIFIC night at work

I spent the day in bed recouping lost sleep time and resting my weary brain and body...slept from 9-5 today! Big chunk of sleep for me, so now I'm rarin' to go!

I missed my weigh in today...not too upset about that, because I seem to have fallen into the same slump a lot of us around here have found...having said that, I can't believe that I just blithely threw away almost a whole week of good, on program work for a day or two of haphazard eating!

We need a collective kick in the pants to re-energize us and get us back into high gear...Here's what I was thinkin'...

When I belonged to ediets, there was a message board called the "21 day challenge" the idea being that it tales 21 days to form a new habit. You commit to eating within your program, drinking the water and exercising for 21 days. If you slip, you begin again on Day 1. It really was very motivational and really a lot of fun...anyone interested in a challenge? Let me see if I can dig up the rules...

wow! I can't believe I did it without losing my post...must be an omen!

Rules for the 21-Day Challenge

Block 1
1. You must drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day.
2. You must eat from your meal plan or stay in your calorie range for every day!
3. If you go over your calorie allotment, (OR cheat!) you must start over.
4. No exercise is required until your second 21-Day Challenge (block#2), but by all means, if you're already exercising please continue!
5. Your 21 days must be CONSECUTIVE days! That is the whole point in forming new habits.
6. Nothing is wrong with having a yummy snack!! Just make sure you plan for it!! It has to be part of your calorie limit for the day!
7. This works on the "honor" system...no one will monitor you...if you "mess-up", you are only cheating yourself by not beginning again! The importance behind this challenge is to have 21 consecutive days of self control!!
8. What do the numbers mean that you see by peoples' names?? They stand for DAY/POUNDS LOST/BLOCK. 1/0/1 is Day 1, 0 pounds lost, Block 1.
9. Once you have finished block #1 (the first 21 days) you will progress to block #2...

Block 2
Same as block 1 + 20 minutes of exercise 5x/week

Block 3
Same as Block 1
+ increase to 30 minutes of exercise 5x/week
+ toning exercise for at least 15 minutes 3x/week
+ must post inches lost

Block 4
ON YOUR OWN... no rules except for the ones you set for yourself... it's time to turn this plan into your plan... you should state your rules and follow them for 21 days... repeat this as many times as necessary until you are at your goal.
Good luck to you as you complete your journey! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It all starts with a single step... and following with a new one each day!!

What do you think? I'm just trying to shake things up a bit around here...

I'm up for the challenge, ARE YOU?
Old 03-05-2002, 10:35 PM   #9  
Progress..not perfection

Angry

Hey guys! I missed posting yesterday and I missed alot!
It is soooo cold outside today. It has been dowright bleak and dreary. I did go to WI today and lost 1.5 pds. So, that's a total of 24 pds. this month. Not too shabby, huh? I've got a friend that started two weeks after I did and she has lost 5.5 pounds. She is really depressed about the fact that in my first two weeks I had lost 15.5 and she hasn't lost as quickly. I've talked and talked to her and told her that everyone loses differently, plus she does weigh a little less than I do (about 25 pds) and I am starting to slow down now, but she is really down and didn't even stay for the meeting with me. I need the words to say to make her feel better.

2cute: So good to have you back. I have missed you so much. And don't dare say that you are a fraud......you have had a lot on your plate lately......and I don't mean food. You've been dealing with a lot with your Mom and Dad and everyone is human and if anyone knows the answer WHY? I'd like to meet them. Me and about a million other overweight people. I think if we all knew why, we wouldn't do the things we do. Oh, and I read your later post, and congrats for being OP today. Doesn't it feel good?!
Luckylady: Thanks so much for your post about the mirror. You are so right. I printed that out and hung it on my fridge.
Grannie: The fat free graham crackers and fat free cool whip sounds awesome! Guess what just went on my grocery list?
Jen: Your success with the lemon bars is worth 2.00 and a whole lot more. I've never looked at it that way before. Whoever said it, thank you! Good to see you around here more lately.
Kat: The 21 day challenge sounds awesome and sounds like you are really ready and raring to go! And don't feel bad. I myself, for once in my life, seem to be sticking to something and have had success this month on WW. I am proud to say that I started one month ago today and I have been faithfully OP this whole month. But I have been where you have been and all of us has been and Lord help me.....will probably be there again. But, that's what we are here for and none of us are perfect and it happens. Thanks for the extra motivation!
TT: Hope you are feeling better! We miss you!
Hello to Baylee and Malia and Andria and whoever else I missed.

Boy, do I miss our attachments
Old 03-06-2002, 12:33 AM   #10  

Angry

Hi guys.... I almost made it the whole day on program ... but I am soooo happy with my progress. You know me... progress not perfection. Well at least to start off anyways. LOL
I do feel good about my food and water today.

They have added jpeg to add as attachments. That would include photos. They have not added gif yet...which is all I have.

I am feeling a little better. Still dizzy a lot but overall better.
It kills me to laugh. LOL. If I laugh... I can't breathe.
I am going to have to work hard to get myself productive again.
I take a nap everyday... but trust me... I NEED IT. LOL

I am going to go drink some more water and clean my bathroom.
Yes... clean my bathroom at midnight.... I have procrastinated on it long enough.
Old 03-06-2002, 04:22 AM   #11  

Hi everyone,

Kat, I'm in w/your challenge. I need to cut back on those little nibbles here and there. I'm confident my exercise is in place barring injury (knock on wood). Tomorrow is day#1 of my first block. Does ediet still exist?

Jen, 2cute, and Mary congratulations on being on plan. Knowing what's worth eating is a step in the right direction.

It's late...I need some zzzzz...

Sweet dreams,
Malia

Old 03-06-2002, 07:45 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all

I have to go to the nursing home for a meeting today about Mom.

I didn't do good yesterday I ate a 12 in Subway for lunch then went to DAR and ate then ate a hambuger at dinner and a almond joy later.

Oh well today is a new day.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:26 AM   #13  

Smile Top of the mornin to you...

It is 7 am and I just wanted to start my day wishing all of you a great day.

I also want to share in case you are like me and have never used Microsoft Word... you can write whatever you want off line as an email. Then send it to yourself.
I copy mine first and then just paste it into our site. But if I forget to copy it.. I just open up my email and there it is. If it is something profound and you want, you can print it too.

I hope everyone has a great day....
I intend to MAKE my day great.

I have changed Weigh in Wednesday today.
I thought of my past... wishy washy wednesday.
I thought of Workout Wednesday. LOL
I settled on "Willing to change Wednesday."!!!!!
Old 03-06-2002, 10:41 AM   #14  

just bumping to top again.
an old thread got pulled up by mistake and I don't want anyone missing this thread.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:01 PM   #15  
Falling, but fighting...

Default I'm Back.....

Hi all,

I finally got a minute to visit. Despite a 1.5 pound gain last Saturday, I have been doing really well. I have stayed OP the last 2 days and have been exercising and drinking my water. Today I wanted to eat Subway for lunch, but pulled out my WW 4 pt SmartOne instead. I also ate a bunch of carrots and some sugar free jello. I am not perfect, but I am trying to be better....

Work is still very stressful. I am trying to leave it at work, but last night I woke up at 2am and couldn't fall back asleep, as I was thinking about work. After I exercised and watched a little TV, I finally fell back asleep around 4am (only to have to wake up at 5:15!).

I am also trying to start making home cooked meals. I am not a cook and don't really want to be, but honestly the frozen/microwaveable meals are way too high in points and just not worth it to me, so I am trying to cook. Yesterday I made pork chops, rice and corn. While not the best choice (it wasn't low points), it was truly better than most microwaveable meals. I want to make up a pot of chilli, but haven't really had the time or energy. I also want to make the meatloaf (4pts), but I can't find the recipe. Anyone have it. It is for the meatloaf in the muffin pans?

I ordered some new clothes and was so happy that they fit! I wasn't sure on the sizes, but everything was good, some even a bit on the big side.

Well, better get back to work. Have a great day.
Closed Thread