Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:38 PM   #1  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Default homemade ww crackers?

Hi Chickies,

It's been a looong time since I've posted and I have a Q for you all. My DH and I are eating whole foods about 85-90% of the time. He's been great, even changing and LIKING ww pasta, breads and crackers. However I hate all the wasted packaging that comes from buying crackers. He eats a lot of them and we have a lot of packaging waste between those and the cereal boxes we buy. I was thinking of trying to make our own ww crackers but having never done it I'm curious if they are difficult. Anyone here ever made their own crackers? Any tips? I thought I'd check the epicurious site for recipes. Any other good sites or recipe books you can suggest?

Thanks! Beth
CinnamonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #2  

Beth, boy you are ambitious! I've never done that before, but it does sound interesting!

Epicurious is a good site. You might also try allrecipies.com recipezaar.com and recipesource.com
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #3  
-

Thanks, Linda. We'll see how ambitious I am once I try this. I really like baking but you never know 'til you try!

Beth
Old 05-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Try this http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives...rs-recipe.html the site is fabby!

Also polenta cut really really thin and baked - would that work for you?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #5  
-

Hi Fru! I've never even thought of Polenta cut thin and baked. Sounds yummy, I'll have to try it. I'm MUCH more adventurous than hubby so it might not fly with him but he's made great strides though so who knows. Thanks for the website suggestion. I'll check it out too!

Beth
Old 05-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #6  
RosieKate

I just had to pop in and say the the 101 cookbooks website is really cool! I may not need ww crackers, but I loved that website. So thanks, 2frustrated, for posting it. I have not had much luck with baking crackers - always burn them.. We eat akmaks which are pretty tasty. I wish I could buy them in bulk to avoid the packaging.

Have you tried good old Joy of Cooking? I have seen cracker recipes in there, so maybe if there isn't a ww one, there is one you could adapt.