Old 05-13-2007, 11:38 PM   #1  
Ally on LAWL

S/C/G: 203.6/171.4/133.6

Height: 5'2

Default Kashi Go Lean Crunch...

Hi, I've been eating Kashi Go Lean Crunch for breakfast most mornings because it really fills me up and it tastes great, I have 3/4 cup of it and it's in my book under starch...but, I have read in the forum that some people are told to count it as a protein and other people said that they were told they can only use it as a carb craver? Anyone know the "real" answer to this...although we all know there is no real answer from the COD. Let me know what all you successful people think! Thanks!
Agibely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I think the cereal can be counted both ways. I have 3/4 cup of fibre one cereal with 1 cup soy milk or skim milk, and depending on which milk I have I mark it is 1 starch and 1 protien, or 1 starch and 1 dairy.

You can use the cereal as a carb cravers as well, the cereal with milk combined count as 1 protein. I don't have my book in front of me, but I think to use it as a carb craver you get more of the cereal (1.25 cups??) than you do if you count it as a starch.

I have a hard time getting my starches in, so I haven't used it as a carb craver yet.
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

My $0.02...There are different cereals allowed on your plan that count towards your starch, and diferent ones that are for carb cravers. And some cereals just aren't on the plan. If you look in your book, they say "no surgar or salt listed in first five ingredients". But corn syrup, cane juice, etc. are still sugars. So keep that in mind when choosing your cereal for a starch.

Kashi Go Lean Crunch is specifically listed in the carb craver section so if that were my choice, I would count it as a CC. (Just my opinion, of course)
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Ah, yes, the Kashi dilema. In my book, it lists other Kashi cereals as starches at 3/4 c, however, it does not list Go Lean Crunch as one. It specifically lists it as a CC at 1 c with 8 oz milk. You could half this portion and call it 1/2 P if you wanted, but it is a CC cereal. I sometimes blur the cereal lines, but I don't recommend it.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Speaking of cereals, yesterday I gave in and bought some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, one of my favourites; at 130 calories per 3/4 cup, it's just over the 125 cal limit for Carb Cravers. So I'm thinking I'm going to save it for really special occasions, and for when I'm on maintenance.
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:11 AM   #6  
Danette lawl march 20/07

Height: 5'4"

I count the kasi go lean ...not the crunch....1/2 c as a p as advised by my cod...so instead of having the full cup as 1 protein cut it back to 1/2 cup for 1/2 protein ....so as I was typing this I took out my book and the go lean and the go lean crunch are the same....so count it as a protein thats what my COD said to do that way you can save your starches for other meals
I use this almost ever morning for breakfast and I'm still losing

hope that helps
fan4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote