Old 05-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #1  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Question Aaaacccckkk!! I ate an Extra Fruit (by accident) - Help!

Oh, man! I can't believe I did this - I've been POP since I started, and now today, after reading about how you guys try and get your fruits in before 12pm or so, I was trying to cram all of my (3 - I'm on purple) fruits in. I was feeling rather FULL (and tired of fruit) as I finished off my 3rd fruit (I had 3 3/4 c. pineapple & 2 T. raisins - at different times) - and that's when I realized that I had eaten 4 servings & not 3.

I called my COD, but they said just to write it down & drink extra water. But the question is - Is there anything I can do, or NOT eat for the rest of the day (I have 1 starch, 1 fat, 1 protein & 2 veggies left for the day - as well as all condiments & an LA Lite) -

Also, my COD is really pushing the "new" LA Lite Drinks - saying that they'll help you lose faster, etc - is this true? I've mentioned before I'm not a big "sweet" drinker (never have been) - but lately, with all this water, I feel as though if I drink anymore than I already am, I may just FLOAT away!!!

Anybody got any suggestions out there for me? Thank you!!!
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Honestly, there are FAR worse things you can do than eat an extra fruit. Your biggest concern would be a little bit more sugar, but even that won't kill you. I know you want to undo this because of your perfect track record so far, but cutting back something else (which your body needs!) will probably just make things worse. I say cut your losses, and definitely don't beat yourself up about it! This is seriously one of the most minor of slip-ups. To put things in perspective, yesterday I screwed up pretty seriously and ate about 8 or so starches. I was up 0.8 this morning, and with lots of water and exercise, I'm already back down to below where I was yesterday morning! Your body can handle a lot worse than an extra fruit, I'm sure! Keep up the good work, and maybe plan a little more carefully in the future (ie. write down all of your food for the day the night before, and double check that you're getting all the right things). But you're doing great, don't forget that
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

As for the fruit... relax! Do what your COD says. An extra 60 calories (give or take) will not result in a 5lb gain.

As for the drinks, they are between 60-80 calories and the bars are between 160-180 calories so each one is a 100 calorie deficit. They recommend mixing things up, and 100 calories less is a deficit, so if you replaced one bar w/a drink every day you would have taken in 700 less calories over the course of the week. It would be an extra .2 based on strictly mathematics, but I guess there is the metabolic effect of mixing things around.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I wrote a short story (the first one, and so far only one, I've ever been paid for) about a dieting princess who broke the spell of her "slime-fasting powders" by forgetting to remove the skin from her 1.5 oz portion of dragon breast. Poof, she gained back all of her weight plus extra, and couldn't fit into her gown for the ball (I'm not making this up, well ok I did make this up, but I truly did get paid for the story and it was published in a magazine).

Don't get caught into "magical thinking." No matter what program you are on, no single choice is going to make or break your weight loss, and one under 100 calories translates as 1/35th of a lb. Put that way, you will lose half an ounce less this week than you would have without the slip - that's one whole tablespoon of fat. Not so scary, right?
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Very cool, Colleen
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #6  

Location: South Beacher...In the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchinchick View Post
Oh, man! I can't believe I did this - I've been POP since I started, and now today, after reading about how you guys try and get your fruits in before 12pm or so, I was trying to cram all of my (3 - I'm on purple) fruits in. I was feeling rather FULL (and tired of fruit) as I finished off my 3rd fruit (I had 3 3/4 c. pineapple & 2 T. raisins - at different times) - and that's when I realized that I had eaten 4 servings & not 3.

I called my COD, but they said just to write it down & drink extra water. But the question is - Is there anything I can do, or NOT eat for the rest of the day (I have 1 starch, 1 fat, 1 protein & 2 veggies left for the day - as well as all condiments & an LA Lite) -

Also, my COD is really pushing the "new" LA Lite Drinks - saying that they'll help you lose faster, etc - is this true? I've mentioned before I'm not a big "sweet" drinker (never have been) - but lately, with all this water, I feel as though if I drink anymore than I already am, I may just FLOAT away!!!

Anybody got any suggestions out there for me? Thank you!!!

Wow...to be honest, I only WISH that was my big mess-up at times! In fact, I have to say, if I am having a hard day and hungry & want sweets...I will eat an extra fruit, 'cause I figure it's better than a donut!! I have never had it do anything damaging, as I only do it when I am really strugglin', we're not taking alot of calories here...and 0 fat! No worries!!...
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #7  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

You guys are right...I need to chill! It was just that it wasn't even a calculated thing on my part, so it kind of whizzed me that I did it...ya know? Thanks for all the advice!
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #8  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

If you’re still really worried, I would skip the starch. My COD told me once I could occasionally substitute a fruit for a starch or vise versa.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote