Old 05-14-2007, 05:53 AM   #1  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Default Weekly Chat 5/14 - 5/20

Morning all....and i even got the date right!

Did a little extra cooking on the grill yesterday...pork chops and chicken, and i am ready for the next few days...made a container of cole slaw as well. I am gonna concentrate on this day and making it on plan for the next 24 hours...wish me luck

had a great mothers day....babysat my grandson sat nite and got a nice hanging planter from my DD2 with some cute purple flowers, lantana i think, on sunday. got a happy mothers day call from my armyson stationed in alaska, we chat online a lot, but its always nice to hear his voice..
DD1 had to work, but she is moving back here from athens this friday. her and her finace want to live around here...so i will get caught up with her then.

Today i will:
-eat my on plan meals, pork chops and coleslaw for lunch not sure about brekfast
-drink at least 32 oz of water
-take vitamin
-look online for a pedometer so i can measure how much i walk a day, 10,000 steps is supposed to be some sort of benchmark, right?,,,think i read that somewhere..

well, think i will stop at four "to dos" for today

everyone have a great day!!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #2  

Good morning

Jae: Sounds like you had a nice mothers day. When you make your cole slaw are you using Splenda or do you use regular sugar? My recipe doesn't call for much sugar...so just curious how strick you are being. I love cole slaw

Well I need to cry to the group this morning. I am not a mother but BOY DO I HAVE ONE! You see my mother is an alchoholic. After my dad (drinking buddy #1) passed away she seemed to get a handle on it and I was ok with her having a glass of wine now and then. She is 81....and if that is as good as I get for now then I will deal with it. But...once in a while she goes a bit too much and yesterday when I walked into my brother's house it was so obvious she was smashed! I asked him how long she had been there...he said only about 5 minutes. So that only means one thing....she was drinking earlier at home. I can deal with her when she gets a little stupid as I like to call it but when she is discustingly drunk I cannot tolerate it. So I talked to my brothers that were there...they choose to ignore it. Well I don't....but I held out as long as I could....about 3 hours. Then when I heard her on the phone with son #3...and she could barely put 2 words together that was it. I got her in the kitchen and asked her "how much had she had before she got here" she gave me the usual "I haven't had anything" OH PLEASE!

Well.......she then went back into the porch sat down with a puss on her face and wouldn't talk to me. I got up and said fine.....whatever. She asked my oldest brother to take her home but son #2 drove her home instead. Those of us that were left there talked about it and they all seemed to agree. They were kidding me about going into business "Professional Party Ruiner". But when my brother came back after driving her home he looked none too happy. I am sure he had to deal with the crying and ranting all the way to her house. Well too bad!!!!!!!!!! I have had to put up with it for most of my life while they all buried their head in the sand!

So today will be interesting....usually I will get the call (at work mind you) and she will tell me how awful I am and how I ruined her mother's day. I will tell her that SHE ruined her mothers day not me. I will remind her again how freakin drunk she was. It will end up with her hanging up then calling back later to yell some more..then hanging up...and calling again. OR.....it could go this way....I will get the cold shoulder for a few days....aaaahhhhh the piece and quite. Then she will give in and call me with that chilly voice. I know the drill but I don't play her game anymore.

But now tell me why I feel bad! I don't feel bad that my mother was drunk...I am pissed about that. I just want to smack her sometimes. I hope my brothers aren't all upset with me. It's about time they had to deal with it...I would gladly pass on the job of watching her.

I am so sorry to go on and on about this this morning......but I am sitting at my desk trying to get my head wrapped around work today and it isn't going well so far. I needed a place to vent.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Jae: Great plan!! One day at a time..and baby steps! Glad you had a good Mother's Day!

Jane: I'm sorry you had to go through what you did! Your brothers have no reason to be ticked at you!

Well, I screwed up this weekend. A few pieces of pizza on Saturday and then a couple jelly beans, then baked beans and 2 buns on Sunday. ARGH! Well, I look at it this way---it could have been WAYYY worse (after the pizza I was ready to binge on junk). So today the weekend is over and I'm going to be back on track!! The thing that annoys me is...Saturday morning the scale was DOWN 2 pounds from my ticker. Now explain why I do that to myself all the time (mess things up and have to start over).
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

I hope everyone mom had a nice mothers day

Well, Im back op, and Im going to give it 100% effort! Ive gotten right out of hand, and its time to get the control back.

Yesterday we spent the day at niagara falls, it was a beautiful day...I took some pictures and they are in my blog if you want to have a look. Im not sure how much walking we did, but Im sure it wasnt enough to cancell out the supper we had a zebbs after

Brenda~

Jane~ Im sorry to hear about your day yesterday, and I understand how the "boys" dont get it...they arent the care takers and expect the sisters and moms to carry the burden. In all honesty you lasted alot longer than I would have. My mil was very much like your mom, her and I had words many many times...my last words with her caused her to write my husband out of her will. Nice eh?! Lets just say I didnt like my mil, or how she treated her family. My advice would be to bite your tongue and leave as soon as you can.....I do wish I had in hindsight. But then again, Im not one to be walked on. I hope your feeling better about this Dont let it bother you too much.

Have a great op day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Jae, WTG on having your plan all laid out. I too am refocusing (again) this morning.

Jane, sorry you had all that to deal with. Hugs. We can't choose our family, I tell myself that all the time. Hope this all blows over soon and she leaves you alone about it. It is so hard to see family being self-destructive or in denial. You have nothing to feel guilty about. Hopefully she'll sober up and feel some of that guilt.

Brenda, it doesn't sound like you did too awfully bad. I went over a little this weekend too. But, today is a brand new day and the chance to get it right. I also had 2 slices of pizza on Sat. (DD's Birthday) and a cupcake. Could have been worse. Before, I'd have eaten half a pizza and several cupcakes. This is life and special occasions are going to happen. Even having more control than we previously would have is a Victory.

Hi Robin, Niagara Falls that sounds like a wonderful day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #6  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning to my girlies!!

I did 98% on plan yesterday....and i accept that, for today.

Had a difficult meeting yesterday with my boss and one of my employees, she threatened to retire last week. she has always been difficult to work with and it was a lesson in politics to witness how my boss interacted with her. being a supervisor for the past year has been a lesson in all types of interactions. it has been very good for me in lots of ways to learn how to confront people, how to logically solve problems, how to organize, and i am still learning....

jane - for my coleslaw i make a dressing out of mustard, mayo, apple cider vinegar and splenda. its very good. I had a alcoholic father so i know what you mean. my whole life i felt like i was the crazy one, when in fact everyone else was living in a false world of lies, justification and pain. that being said, i had to finally detach myself from them so they couldnt hurt me anymore, they are what they are and i am living a wonderful life full of love and peace.

ladya - dont be too hard on yourself, you realized it before it got totally out of control. yay on the two pounds!

robin - a fresh start is a great place to begin, i do it every day nigara falls must have been wonderful!

lillybelle - i like what you said "Even having more control than we previously would have is a Victory" it is so true. this is a journey we have undertaken and success often comes in small steps...

Have a great day all!!!

Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Morning everyone-

I lost you yesterday. I forgot it was new thread day lol. I'm still doing pretty good on induction and seeing a loss but TOM should be here any minute. So I am not watching the scale to much.

I have a scale question I got 2 reaings from my scale today. I was weighing where I normally do and for some reason the lighting was off and I was having a hard time seeing the reading. So I moved the scale into the hall. The hall is a solid tile floor whereas my room < my normal weighing spot> has a soft stick tile. Anyway on the solid tile the scale had a different reading. Which would you consider more accurate?

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just a short note to let you know I'm still here,but we're having so many problems with is vista. I couldn't get into the 3 Fat Chicks site, yesterday. It would crash all day long.I'm surprised that I got into it this morning. Our Mac was suppose to be yesterday,but now the man in the store told us that Fed Ex should arrive today.

Hope to post to you gals regularly by Wednesday Morning.Until than take care,

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #9  

Good morning

Nikki: I am sorry but I have to laugh. I have this vision of us weighing ourselves with one hand behind our back then the left foot up just so we can get the reading we want. I am known to hold onto the side of the counter until the scale says what I want....then I let go!

But seriously.....why don't you just wait and weigh yourself tomorrow if that would make you feel better. My old scale HATED to be moved. My new digital scale isn't very nice to me either!

Thank you all for your support yesterday. I really appreciate it. I got the cold shoulder from my mom yesterday...no phone call. I did see her number on my caller id yesterday at around 4:30....she knows I am not home. She was probably going to leave me a nastygram! LOL.....well we shall see what today brings. But I am holding firm. I did nothing wrong. She is the one that should be embarassed not me. If my brothers choose to be peeved that I started something then so be it.
I really wished the stork had a better navigation system when he dropped me off!

Doing great on program. The only thing different this time around is a bit of fruit. We shall see what my weigh in says on Friday....with one hand tied behind my back and my watch off and my charm bracelet off and..........
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #10  

BB: you were posting at the same time as me! My DH and I recently had a new computer built and the guy who did it for us set it up with XP but gave us a coupon for $100 off Vista when we wanted to get it....but he said "please don't get it" Had to laugh.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #11  
lilybelle

Nikki, I try to keep my scale in the same spot, on hard tile. But, if mine reads unusually low, I'll sometimes notice that my feet weren't properly on it, Dang it.

BB, sorry about the computer mess up. Hope it's fixed quickly.

jane, Yep that stork dropped me at the wrong house too. LOL.

I worked 3 hrs. yesterday weeding my garden with a hoe. My back and shoulders and thighs are now sore. That is definitely some hard work. My plants all looking great and I can't wait to have fresh veggies. OMG, my squash made tons, we'll be eating squash everyday.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Thanks lily. Its not exceptionally low but showing a 2 lb loss. It is possible. I will weigh tomorow for my offical weekly weigh in.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #13  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

My scale doesn't like to be moved either if I pick it up and put it back down in the very same spot I will get a different reading (as much as 4-5lbs) and it is a brand new digital, and not a realy cheap one either.

I'm getting realy frusterated as my scale has not move in over a week I realy dont get it. I havent been great with the water, but still would expect to see something. I still have so much to lose it's hard not to get depressed and give up.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Alright, well Im here. It has been a really really poopy day! I wont retype it all, if your interested, its in my blog.

I will say tho, that the stress got to me yesterday, but of course Im still not back on track. Tomorrow is another day right?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #15  
lilybelle

Hi Robin, sorry you've had a bad day. Hope tomorrow is a lot better for you.