Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Default Proactiv?

Ok not a weight loss thing, but still...

I keep seeing the commercials, and I'm a cynic when it comes to ANYTHING advertised to work that well. So out of curiosity, has anyone here used it? Any comments?

~Fae
Old 03-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeReverie View Post

I keep seeing the commercials, and I'm a cynic when it comes to ANYTHING advertised to work that well. So out of curiosity, has anyone here used it? Any comments?

~Fae
I use it. I love it. It works for me!! The lotion makes my face feel so wonderful!!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

My daughter used it for quite a few months a couple of years ago and did not see any significant difference in her skin whatsoever. She also didn't like the fact that there were so many steps involved. I have since taken her to a dermatologist and he prescribed a quick and easy one step product that has been working very, very well for her.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I've always had skin problems so I've tried most everything.

Proactive worked really well for me. My only complaint was I seemed to run out of the toner before anything else. So I was always opening the next months supply of that before it was time. But since there was significant over lap of when the stuff arrived and when I actually needed to staty using it, it wasn't that big a deal
Old 03-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

It works great - try it. They have a money back guarantee so what do you have to lose?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'1 3/4"

I was 20 when I tried it and it never worked. I used it exactly as it said. The only things I've seen a positive change with is Neutrogena's Rapid Clear face wash, lotion, and pads. However...Murad is intriguing me.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #7  

It does work however they did a report on the news that said that its an overpriced version of what you can find at the drugstore.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathie View Post
I was 20 when I tried it and it never worked. I used it exactly as it said. The only things I've seen a positive change with is Neutrogena's Rapid Clear face wash, lotion, and pads. However...Murad is intriguing me.
My girlfriend uses Murad with exceptional results. She tried Proactiv as well without result but I like it and don't mind the steps. I have a system every night so its not that big a deal to add an extra
Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 AM   #9  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I used proactiv when I was younger and had a bit of an acne problem and it works beautifully.. however the cheaper drugstore version did not. I recommend at least trying proactiv. It does make your skin beautiful if it works for you .. that is. Also.. when I used it.. it didnt make things worse before it got better.. it cleared it up quickly and didnt cause more break outs. Also.. may I recommend for the skin.. the makeup Bare Minerals.. makes the skin beautiful, its expensive but lasts forever.. well worth it
Old 03-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS View Post
I used proactiv when I was younger and had a bit of an acne problem and it works beautifully.. however the cheaper drugstore version did not. I recommend at least trying proactiv. It does make your skin beautiful if it works for you .. that is. Also.. when I used it.. it didnt make things worse before it got better.. it cleared it up quickly and didnt cause more break outs. Also.. may I recommend for the skin.. the makeup Bare Minerals.. makes the skin beautiful, its expensive but lasts forever.. well worth it
Oddly enough, I got a compliment on my skin yesterday since I've been using the Proactiv and it made me feel like a million bucks! It actually caught me off guard. My honey tells me how he thinks I'm beautiful but its different coming from a complete stranger. I use Physicians Formula for my make up. I actually began with BE but the PF gives you more and its about half the cost. I love it.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:00 PM   #11  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I've been using Proactiv for a while now, and it's working great for me. One tip though....you'll get the basic 4 package, but for myself, I added one more relating to oil issues, didn't use the refining mask that came with the package, and it's been working out great for me.

Another tip if you don't want to do the monthly subscription thing is to go to your local mall and find a stand there that sells Proactiv. My supply usually lasts way longer than a month for me, so this is the best option for myself. Be aware though that it's a bit on the pricey side.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #12  

I tried it last year. It really dried out my skin so I returned it. I have since gone to the dermatologist and got a prescription for retin A micro and that is working great.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #13  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

I've been using it for about 4 months now... I have noticed my skin is a little clearer, but not really significantly enough for me to continue spending the outrageous amount it costs. I'm probably going to stop using it soon if I don't see more significant results. All the medication is is benzoyl peroxide, which you can buy at any drugstore for a lot cheaper. I was thinking about trying murad - does it work?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeReverie View Post

~Fae

No one ever told me that you can get acne again in your mid-40s with all the hormonal changes that start taking place ~~ what an unpleasant surprise that was!! Anyway, I bought Proactiv and I love it. It cleared up the acne, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin since I started using it.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 282/274/145

Height: 5'4

Angry Proactiv

My sister swears by proactiv so I decided to borrow it and see if it works on my skin. I don't really have many blemishes besides the occasional pms ones but I get dry skin during the winter months and decided if its gentle it should work well. Well was I wrong. It made my face break out and it was those painful pimples. I was so mad that something so commercialized made my skin worse. I haven't had acne that bad since I was in middle school. I normally use clean and clear and follow up with a moisturizer. That works just fine and I will continue to use that product.
Closed Thread