Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 05:34 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #22

Good Morning All,

Well my goal this week is to get back on track. I went way off track last week. Only got 2 days worth of exercise in, wasn't sleeping well. PMS time, Included a piece of cake a nd a cookie into my locarb woe. Oh and white bread, oh and french fries. Well that was painful. UGH! DIdn't get to the Y either. Pretty much covers it.

ANd teh scale is still at 231#

Well my goal for today is OP eating , getting to the Y to check them out. W2O and workout at home. I'll ley you know how things go.

Pam, I am so glad to see you again. Your determination is inspiring.

Melody, you go girl. Just reemeber you are doing your plan for you! If someone notices great! But thisis for you

Sue, It has been a long road so far. But you are still my champ!

Dana we will break this plataeu!!!!

Well I'll check in tommorrow

Hey Terri how was your week?
Old 03-04-2002, 11:40 AM   #2  
gbo

My fellow Weight Warriors..............
I did not sleep a wink last night. My neck managed to jam a nerve and make me nuts. I haven't slept to well for a few days but getting this weight off the poor old bones will help if not elimanate
this whole problem!!! A very happy thing ...... my Sister is coming back in May to visit and I can't wait to see her again.Our little Mother will be 80 in June and we both take nothing for granted, at her age you just hope but never know how long she will be here. She is coming alone this time and Hubby will be visiting his children states away from here. So.... it will be just us "girls" and perhaps that is a good thing. We can spend uninterrupted quality time. It will be a busy spring and summer we have many family visitors much to our delight throughout the spring and summer.
We just planted a new peach tree and( two blueberry bushes for hubby). I am choosing paint and shortly the house will be renewed with fresh paint. We are working on the sliders outside to sand the wood and repaint the metal. Setting up the statuary and slowly landscaping. Yes life is good despite the roller coaster ride my body goes on but soon it will be much more friendly and kinder as I help it unburden. Then I think we will not operate as separate enities but together again, one united being as we were created to be. How odd it is for me to be so out of sinc with such an important aspect of myself. Fragmented, not a good place to be but this too I am resolving with love. Day three has begun and I am OP. You all take care I think I shall endeavor yet again to sleep and to make friends with my body!!!!!!
Pat ,my dear , Pat how good to see you here again I have missed you.
Sue Bee you know I have missed you too
but then I think you all know how important you all are to me. Has anyone heard from Lee??? Do you know what happened?
LEE IF YOU ARE OUT THERE>>>>>>drop me a line, let me know how you are. I pray for you all the time and I fully admit my concern....ok worry, yes I am worried about you!!!

LOve you all, Pam
Old 03-05-2002, 05:28 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Good Morning all,
Nothing really exciting to report. We are expecting lake effect tonight , a mere 1-2 feet. Will it never end?

I went to the Y yesterday and checked them out. I will try a free workout and see how busy they are at the time I want to go. They have alll kinds of classes and teh facility is pretty new. Something should jump start that scale. Met my goals for yesterday, But the carb cravings were there. DIdn't succomb.

Today my goals are to :

Water
W/O
Eat Very OP!

Hey Pam, You sure are one busy lady. Take care of that neck!

Hey Sue
Dana
Terri
Melody
Everybody else.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:36 AM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello ladies! Don't get too close I have the flu! I called in to work yesterday, and today I am still sick, but better.

I finally got the BF to put togethr my elliptical. I took it out of the box and started putting it together myself. I was sick so i put a few pieces together and then left it all laying in a mess in the middle of the floor....he hates a mess, so I knew he would finish it! HEhe! I am so evil!!!

I fell off the OP wagon this weekend. When your sucking on cherry throat lozenges I don't figure there is much sense in trying to stay op. It's not like I feel like eating anyway. I will be glad when spring is here, and I can get outside and do some stuff...I willl be glad when spring break is here and I don't have to work for a week!!!! HWooo hoooo! That will be nice!

Sue, Thanks for trying to get that book for me...I think everyone in the world is looking for it...

Pam, Keep your chin up. I will pray for you. Together we will reach our goals.

Fralick, and Dana- don't get down about the plateau!! You guys can work through it! I know it will move soon....I just know it.

You ladies, have a lovely week, and a bright shiny day!
Old 03-05-2002, 05:19 PM   #5  
gbo

My Fellow weight warriors............
Feeling much better had to drug myself though.....darvocet allowed me to sleep and loosened up the neck so the nreve is free!!!!! A little sore but oh sso much better.
I am OP drinking my gallon of water and posting , posting, posting. Thank you God I am back on track off and running!!!!!!!

Lodyangel, I can always use prayers. Thank you.
Pam
Old 03-05-2002, 10:37 PM   #6  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Default HEY!

Hello Buddies!

Well, I am here! Not much time to post, and not much to share, but here I go!

The scale has not been cooperating. I have NOT been doing well enough! I re-committed myself TODAY. Strict plan and exercise. I also chugged water. One day at a time...but that metal monster WILL move!

Hubby has been of "Snuff" now for nearly 3 weeks. Never having had the nicotine addition, I can only kmagine what he is going thru. He had a few "cranky" times, but has kept a good sense of humor about it all! He has been using mint and cinnamon snuff as a replacement, (the kind with no nicotine) and that along with mints, lollipops and tootsie rolls has been a help. He gained 7 pounds and this morning was unable to get his jeans buttoned! I felt bad and told him I would begin HIM on low carbs also. SOOOOOO....HE is eatting like this too, which is great! The scale better move for at least one of us..or the sucker may end up out the window! It has BOTH of us MAD as can be!

I have been trying to catch up on your posts. This is a slllllooooooow time around here for sure! I am asking for your help! I know I asked for butt kicks........but I mean HELP! Major duct tape and kicks with steel toe shoes on!!!

I did the Leslie Samson Kick Box tape today. Her tapes for those who may have seen the info-mercial on TV are really great. They last 1/2 hour and really get you sweating! I need to do it daily! Again, one day at a time!

Work has been crazy.....crazy----- CRAZY and I come home and just want to CHILL.......but that will NOT get me to goal. I know what to do gals.....it is the DOING IT!

So, nasus............(no peanuts......I swear I am off the nuts).......I herby promise to move my size 18 (wishing for a size 14) BUMMY everyday! Buddy, I need you!

fralick.............(president of the metal monster hate club).........I want to go to 100 land with you my friend! Let's go together! I am at the point where I am SICK of 200 land! I know you are too!

lodyangel......thanks for the kind words about the plataue. Again, I only have myself to blame. I ralize I am getting a bit of muscle, which weighs more than fat, and that muscle will be better for me in the long run, BUT..............I need to be more strict! (Can you tell I am beating myself up today????) LOL

gbo..............I think of you often and hope only good things begin to come your way!

melody....stay strong!

terri............how are you?

Lee.........????

Anyone else out there???? Please feel free to kick my butt and hang on tight! Summer is coming and I want this fat suit OFF!

My best to you all!

Dana (hopeful and DETERMINED!)

Old 03-06-2002, 12:20 AM   #7  
gbo

Dana..........God but how I do understand!
I was where you are and once again gave up on my self and make no mistake that is what it is. Giving up on you, on all your potential, your hopes and dreams, the fullness of life , self esteme,and self respect.
I know how hard it is to get so stuck ,when that blasted scale stops deader than a door nail and nothing you do seems to help, your focus and resolve weakens and you slip a little here and there. You just want to eat what you want and not be deprived of all those goodies and carbs that whisper your name endlessly, beaconing like a lover. Beware the voice that beacons you 666 is not strong enough a warning!!!!!
This is your personal demon the one that has robbed you all your life of being, doing,wearing and experiencing the best that life had to offer you.
Being a victim sucks big time but we have all been victimized by this food addiction and unlike tobacco, booze, drugs or whatever it is a substance you cannot stop using. You cannot live without it but our only hope is to be in control of our actions and to be accountable for them. No one shoves it down our throats it is our choice entirely what we place in our bodies.
We have to choose freedom from addiction, we have to choose joy, self esteme, self respect, ease of movement ,freedom to be the us we have not even had the chance to know fully.
I have regained 11 lbs. 11lbs of hard work and goals met. For what? Just to eat more than I need for health more than I wanted come to that,or to eat the things that made me fat to begin with. All those "treats", well it may mask as treats but my friend it is your in action. It is the thief, the demon lover that has stolen so much from you! It is your self destruction in action! The part of you that seeks numbing in life rather than life itself and all the wonder that goes with it. We choose life , health, happiness , freedom or slavery to the food, illness that follows weight,sorrow at how we look what we miss, drop all hope and dreams. Dispair for ourselves. So what do you choose?????????
Clutch that dream , embed that desire in your soul and hang on no matter what. Make friends with your body before it rebells , sickens, weakens and generally MAKES YOU CRAZY. Remember, Sweet One, that this body is a wonder in and of itsself. With these hands you can caress a crying child, hold your loved ones, with this body you can walk , climb ,run, jump. laugh play,dance,pray,love,createand oh so much more. Don't taake it for granted it is the greatest gift we have it is life itself. Be kind to it it is a sacred creation more than we know. I have learned this the hard way. I don't recommend the trip down that road.
Hang tough Babe.
Love Pam
Old 03-06-2002, 05:52 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Good Morning ALL,

Boy I had a strict OP day yesterday. Carb monster still calling my name, And even when I was stressed I held off. We didn't get the 1-2 feet as predicted. Thank goodness. It looks like some wet weather coming. but highs in teh 40's. Got my work out in. ANd water too.

Dana, We will make it! I will be in a size 20 pants soon! I want to officially be 50 # lighter. That darn metal monster. You will be in a size 16 and be under 200#!!!

Pam- what awesome words of encouragement as ususal. Yes eating more than a body needs. It seems so harmless at thetime. But too many of those falls leads us the wrong way on teh scale. Glad your neck is better.

Melody. Good for you! Take it slow on your new toy. Thanks for the kind words.

Hey SUE where teh heck are you?

Well off to teh room
Old 03-06-2002, 11:09 AM   #9  
Muscle Mommy

Default What I want

Good Day chickees!

I am OFF Program today...I am feeling better, and gaining my strength back, so today will be my last day off the program. Tomorrow I will be back on full force. I will begin full , all out, BFL workouts tonight. I am not sure if I want to do the diet portion of their program or not. I do not know if I could stick with it. I may try it for a week and see how it goes.

I am feeling pretty good today. I had a really hard time getting out of bed at 5:30 this AM. I don't remember the drive to work at all. I think I slept the entire 45 minute drive here!

Yesterday one of the PArents to one of the kids in my class asked me if I was having another baby!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE SHE ASKED ME IF I WAS HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!! DO I LOOK PREGNANT??? I HAVE GOT TO GET BACK ON PROGRAM ASAP!!!!

Since everyone else is rededicating themselves to theri programs I will too. I need to make every day for the rest of my life an OP day...to get what I want only I can achieve it...I want to be thin, strong, and healthy,...I want to be able to run a 5K, race in a 5 K, and win a 5K. I want to be able to run up my steps and not get winded...I want to be able to play soccer with my sons...I want to look in the mirror and think I am beautiful, and I love my body. I want to be able to read that look on my BF's face...I WANT TO WEAR A BIKINNI!!!! i WANT TO HAVE A FLAT STOMACH....i WANT TO WEAR A BELLY SHIRT, A BELLY CHAIN, AND TO GET MY BELLY BUTTON PIERCED...i WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT SO i CAN BE ME!!!!i AVOID PEOPLE i KNOWIN THE GROCERY STOREBECASUE i DON'T WANT THEM TO SEE HOW FAT i HAVE GOTTEN! I hang my head in public, and watch the ground I have become ashamed of myself. HOW DID I GET THIS WAY????? WHy did I let it happen?????? I hate it!!!!! I hate it!!!!

There is one thing standing betwen me and the person that I want to be....FOOD! Food is my enenmy, food is my friend. it decieves me with its sweetness, and comfort, and then it packs on the pounds when I am not looking. I can work out, I know what I should do!...but first I have to learn how to handle food.....not as my friend, not as my enenmy, but as it is...fuel for my body....nothing more......I need to make choices about food, and not let whatever food is laying around make the choice for me. And I need to get some better friends than the cookies, and candy bars i have befriended...they just make me fat and lazy! I will spend more time with my friends online, and my friends in flesh and blood, and less time with food!!!!

Fralick and Hopeful, there is a detox diet in this weeks Womens World mag, it claims to help detoxify your body helping you to burn fat more efficiently, so that you can get through your plateau...it may be worth a look...I thought about trying it myself. Some people lost 10 pounds in one week....

Have a good Day!
Old 03-07-2002, 12:19 AM   #10  
gbo

My Fellow Weight Warriors..................
I am OP drank my gallon of water and have been busy today, well busy for me. My lower back is complaining bitterly but I am determined to get this body moving as much as possible. Like the cravings the body has a voice too and boy does it make itself heard! Little by little. Getting the weight off will take so much stress off this sad, abused body and sore damaged spine. I can't wait!!!!!
Melody, food is just fuel, it is that voice of craving and old patterns that behave like demons in our lives and that is an enemy to defeat but it is just the urging to eat, to cry hungry when you know you have eaten enough,craving the things that cause us so much unhappiness with ourselves, and causes that feeling of being deprived. Somewhere a destructive pattern began and we have to grab control of it and change it totally. It is a road worth traveling and battles within worth winning. You will suceed, we all will because in the long run we know we have each other to trust and depend on. Life is good!!!!!
Pam
Old 03-07-2002, 09:37 AM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

Good Morning Chickadees!

Life is indeed good. BF and i have buried the hatchet for now, and things are calm within my house. Well as calm as you can expect with two boys!

I am back Op and fighting the urge to eat! As we speak my class is having a delightful breakfast of buttered toast, jelly, and pears, and I am so wanting to eat it. I have eaten my usual breakfast of cheese and beef jerky, but the toast is calling my name! I will refuse to hear it, and took a break to come check on you chickees~!

I am full force into this workout thing. I walked a mile last night, and I worked out for 25 minutes on the Elliptical. It is harder than I thought. My quads were screaming! I took it kind of slow until I get the hang of it. Then I will be able to do more, faster, push harder....Then i did an upper body strength workout with weights. My arms were shaking when I got done...I guess lower body is tonight.

It is warm here, like spring, almost 60 degrees and I am loving it! I hope that it stays this way. I feel like doing more when it's warm...2 years ago on Spring break I lost 4 pounds from doing nothing but working outdoors...I love it! I am in heaven! The class will be going outside today!

I hope you guys have a good day! Sue, Where are you!!!???? I still haven't found that book, but I am almost ready to "officially" start. How about Monday???

Have a great Day!
Old 03-08-2002, 03:31 AM   #12  
gbo

My Fellow Weight Warriors.........
My computer is down, I hope not for long! I am on our webtv and it has been so long since I have used it I have forgotten some of the commands but here I am anyway. So bear with me. I have no idea how this willwork but so far so good. I am OP and drank my gallon of water. Hubby brought in some of my favorite Wal-mart flavored waters so I could avoid the cola. I am not on the fat burners I was before so perhaps I shall not get so massively stuck right off the bat and Sue Bee , Pat I have my calories up, no starvtion mode this time. I will be thrilled to lose a few pounds at a time rather than 20 lbs in a week and little after that for months!!
I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow! Wish me luck my Darlins!
Pam
Old 03-08-2002, 05:51 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Good Morning all, I guess this week is better than last week. 3 workouts. Got to the Y and plan on joining next week. Water is good and I have been strictly OP.

Melody glad teh tension is down in the house. Way to go on teh workouts!

Pam, Good for you!

Sue and DANA how the heck are you all?

Terri?
Old 03-08-2002, 09:34 AM   #14  
Muscle Mommy

Good Morning my wonderful chickees....

The world is a fine wonderful place this morning and I am glad to be part of it.

Weigh in went well, No loss, but no gain....that is good considering I was off plan for so long...the flu sucks.

Did not get to work out last night....the house was a wreck and I had not one...but 2 sets of company...some friends...and then BF's parents!!!!! After that BF helped me clean the hous, and then it was bed time. BF works tonight so I will work out-lots!

I had not taken my fat burners in a while....and took 2 before bed...they must have some kind of diuretic in them because I went to the bathroom 4 times last night!!! I guess it's good, or I would have had a gain. That would have killed my enthusiasm!

well Sue, I am missing your wonderful insight, and your divine wisdom....where are you???

And Dana, I am dieing to know if the scale moved to the left for you this week.....I have my fingers crossed...

Pam, I am hoping for a loss for you as well!

Everyone else I am hoping Mr. Scale is nice to you!
Have a terrific day!
Old 03-08-2002, 11:25 AM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OMG i moved all my furniture and that included my computer but what i did not know that i needed to get the cable man back out here to get me hooked back up. DDDUUUUHHHHH

I do not have much time still trying to get the house back in shape so did not read the notes since i was back. I will check up on things later but have to run!!! Just a note to let you all know that i am still alive and here

well I am back and a bit off plan but getting back OP.. Melody monday i am going to take pictures are you up for it???

I have been owrking out but not as hard as needed but am ready for a boost!!

Pat was that huge fire near you?? I was worried. and did you hear the horrible fore last night about those 2 volenteer fighters that lost their life (Not near me)

Dana glad to hear that things are going ok for you. Dump the peanuts.

Pam so glad that you are still hanging in there.
Closed Thread