Old 05-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Default Fed Up!!!

I think I've snapped. I just can't handle this anymore.

I swear, these last few pounds are NEVER going to go away. Today at my COD, I got completely frustrated. I just don't know if I care enough to keep this up for another 2-3 weeks, which I imagine is about how long it would take at the rate I'm going these days.

I just started at my second job, but the stress and lack of free time is already getting to me, so I know that has something to do with it. The counselor said that I should try to relax over the weekend, enjoy the little bit of non-work time I do have, and think over the weekend about going onto stabilization next week. I mean, it's not like the last few pounds would make any difference in my appearance, anyway. I kind of wanted to lose a few more to have some wiggle room in the future, but I just don't know if it's worth my sanity.

Besides, I have a wider build (I've been cursed with hockey player shoulders ) so while my "ideal weight" for my height is 124, based on my build it's probably a little more. I just don't know what to do. Any thoughts?
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I think you should listen to your COD and take some time this weekend to think it over. 3lb will not make a difference in your appearance, and you can still lose in maintenance (look at Kristen). However, if you are set on a number, 2-3 weeks more after you've already lost 42lbs shouldn't be too hard either. You have done a great thing for yourself, and 3lbs either way is not going to change that. If it's more important to you to see that number on the scale, then buckle down, maybe do one last TO even, and get those last 3lbs off. If the pressure of seeing that number is really messing with your head, take the pressure off and move to stabilization. You can still drop a few pounds while there, but the pressure won't be as great. This is a personal decision, but one that you should think about for a few days. Making such a decision while your not in the right frame of mind will just make you more frustrated.

Good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #3  

Location: South Beacher...In the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Height: 5'9

Hi,

I just wanted to say I have been there and totally get how you are feeling! When I have been there before, I said to myself, "if I quit, what am I gonna quit to"?...So I realized, that I have learned too...eat better, eat healthier portions and let go of the outcome. As soon as I did that, The pressure was off and my body just went where it was comfy, as long as I just kept making right choices. Instead of maybe looking at this process as a "Diet", just remember what you have learned about a healthier lifestyle change and the way food nourishes your body. Relax...and your body will settle in where it is happiest, & healthiest...it's not about a number on the scale...Just food for thought, hope you feel better soon.
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

If it helps any, my COD told me that some people continue to lose a few pounds during the first couple of weeks of stabilization. I, too, am facing stabilization soon. Technically, my weight loss weeks ended this week, but my COD is giving me an extra 3 weeks to try and get my last 4.4 lbs off. If I don't, I'm going into stabilization.

Personally, I think 128 is a great weight for your height, but then I don't like "super skinny". I weighed about what you do in high school, and I'm a bit shorter. While I wasn't as skinny as the cheerleaders, I was at a healthy weight.

Keep your chin up and try to focus on how well you've done so far!!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Sarah,

I've so far dropped 2 pounds on the first 3 weeks of stabilization. This is after I've been dropping and gaining the same 3 pounds for 3 months. COD actually told me that I've been such an anamoly that I'd probably reach my original goal after I finish stabilizing.

I would take COD's advice and relax over the weekend. Sometimes it's when you're not being an anal planner is when things happen.

Hang in there . . . at least finals are over.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Holey Moley, Sarah - I guess I just realized how great you've done on plan!!!!!

I'm sure that youare frustrated, and it does get to be old after you've worked so hard to get where you are now. 2-3 weeks really isn't that long of a time, if your head is in it. Maybe giving yourself a mental break is a good thing, and you may just lose the 3 lbs that are sticking around!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #7  
Sarah

Thanks guys... I needed the encouragement, especially after the night I've had. I had orientation at Red Lobster at from 2:30 until 4:30-ish, and then I had a hostess shift at 4:45 until after the dinner rush (it frustrates me to no end that I never know when I'm going to be off, but oh well). I ended up being sent home just before 11:00, which is rather late considering how early I was up this morning. And what's worse, I forgot my LA Lite, which I was going to have between my orientation and my shift to tide me over until I could get home and make dinner. I hadn't eaten since about 1:00, so at around 6:00 I gave in and had a tiny piece of garlic bread. So I went over my allowed starches by one. Plus I got home around 11:30 and still had TONS of food left to eat, so my dinner will probably be sticking with me for awhile.

Oh well... I'll get used to this ridiculous schedule eventually, I guess. Either that or I'll die of stress
Old 05-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Sarah.............check you out...........I bet you do look skinny. 128 is not very heavy. Cassi and the others, (no, not Kim's inlaws) are right.........wait it out over the weekend.....and then decide. Kristen and Meagen have really given me hope about stabilization. You can do this
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:35 AM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Ok, 128 is DEFINITELY skinny on you. If any of you have not yet checked out Sarah's profile picture........NOW IS THE TIME. YOu look incredible. You really ought ot be proud of yourself.....you have succeeded
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #10  
Sarah

Thanks, Nicole, you really know how to cheer a girl up

And I have good news; despite having my extra starch yesterday in a fit of starvation, I was still down 0.4 lbs this morning! Maybe I should have 4 starches EVERY day, lol...
Old 05-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #11  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Sarah,

Nicole is right - you look fabulous!!!

don't beat yourself up over a couple of pounds. Look how far you have come.
Good Job.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #12  
Sarah

I dunno, I think a lot of my frustration is due to the fact that, although my weight IS going down (at least when I weigh myself at home first thing in the morning with no clothes), the scale won't budge at my COD! I know this has everything to do with timing, for example, I just ate a meal or was just at the gym and drank a full litre of water in the span of about an hour! And what I wear to WI varies so much too. I mean, I can't wear my flowy skirt EVERY time, and in jeans I weigh a pound more! I know this means nothing, but it still gets to me! I'm trying to exclusively focus on my "at home" weight for this reason, but it can be tough, especially when the girls at the COD are looking at unchanging numbers and asking me what I'm doing wrong!
Old 05-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #13  
-- Karen --

don't worry about what the girls at the COD say. What matters is how you feel - and doing whats best for your body.

Good Luck
Old 05-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #14  
Sarah

Ok, good news. Today I went in for WI and spoke to Chantale (my favourite!), and she was SUPER helpful. I've decided to finish out the week, and on Friday or Saturday (depending on when I can go in for my 3rd WI this week), I'm going on stabilization, regardless of what the scale says. I've concluded that, based on my build and on the amount of muscle mass I've built up over the past few months from all of my crazy exercise, that another 5 lbs (which is how much I'd have to lose to get down to 125 on their scale, I'm only 3 or so away on mine) is probably a little too much to expect from myself. So I'm VERY excited!

Last edited by momerath; 05-14-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #15  
-- Karen --

congratulations Sarah