View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #20
Sandyj
RubyJean

Gosh, what to say? I've read through this whole thread, and I'm sitting here at my desk at work and I can feel the tears forming at the back of my throat (swallow swallow) (and I hardly ever cry)! Lawsclan and all the other women here…I've never had the courage to admit to anyone else what you've been talking about, but I've "identified" so much with what you have all been saying. I've been in (am deeply in) the same boat as you, and while I know I'm not unique, I've never meet any women who seem to have the same issues as me, and I've been feeling so very alone. Lawsclan, you did a courageous thing, facing your nervousness of measuring yourself. Just think, you've done it! That's one less hurdle to jump over. I'm 45, and I am way overweight. I have been depressed for a long time, and am currently taking quite a high dose of Effexor. Plus…..I adore my white wine. All I want to do when I get home is get some relief from the feelings of stress and tension and sadness. I'm 5'6" and weigh between 195 and 200. Oddly enough, I know I look really fine, thin even, at 160, which is strange because all those charts say a woman of 5'6" is overweight at 145. I WISH! I am not fine boned, so maybe that's it. I'd like to get down to 145.
You have inspired me to try again. I'm gearing up (mentally) to take a walk tonight with my dog – usually I walk in from work, drop my bags and start cooking. Then there's the dishes, the bills, the laundry, my 3 daughters to deal with (not that bad, they're great young women), my mom who has been ill – and the irresistible lure of finally plopping down on the couch with that glass of wine and a movie.
Sandyj is offline   Reply With Quote