Old 05-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/164/140

Height: 5'6"

Question Weightloss Is Slowing Down :(

Hi, Everyone!!

My name is Maria, and I've been reading this board off and on for about a month or so (I go between here and the iVillage LAWL board). Anyway, I just wanted some advice about getting the scale to start moving like it used to.

First, I have been on LAWL (Gold; 171/157/135) since the end of March 2007. At first, I would easily lose 3 lb/week just by following plan. Then, after a couple of weeks, I started losing just 1 or 2 lb per week. Then, I started losing mere ounces. I'm not complaing about my loss. I've lost about 14 lb so far. So, I did my first Take Off on April 23 and 24 and lost 3 lb and made my April goal of 10 lb. Then last week, after being on regular plan, I only lost 0.8 oz Now, I just finished my second Take Off. It's been about 2 weeks since my last one, so I don't think I'm abusing this tool or anything, but I only lost 2 lb this Take Off. Is my body just, heaven forbid, adjusted to my new diet? I hope not! I'm not even halfway yet!

I even exercise 4 days a week (Jazzercise).

What do you think? What have you done to get the scale moving again? I'm afraid that my next Take Off will be less effective.
OrlandoSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I think that you're doing everything right. Your body will hold on to those last pounds, and a slow down is normal. Just stay OP and you will see the scale move. I know that Evette lost the last 30 pounds that way. She would stay the same for a week or even two, then drop 1 1/2lb overnight, and then 1/2lb, and then nothing for another two weeks, etc. But she stuck with it. I know it sucks to be told to have patience, but sometimes it's a waiting game.

The other thing is that maybe you could try to have all of your protein as fish or seafood and egg beaters for the week to see if that helps. And stick to 40cal bread and other lighter starches. And maybe have all of your fruit in by 3p.m. If you're already doing things like this, though, it may just be a waiting game.

But... Welcome out of lurkdom!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #3  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
And maybe have all of your fruit in by 3p.m.
What does this do?
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #4  

I've been told by the COD that I should get my fruits in early because they are high in sugar, which is a carb. Something about digestion and the way your body burns it up or holds on to the calories or something. Been doing it so long I don't remember the specifics, to be honest with you. I'm sure someone will chime in...
Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/164/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, ladies! I have been sticking to chicken mostly and sometimes shrimp. I rarely eat red meat (mostly because I find it easier to cook chicken or buy it ready made ). I guess I do have to be patient and realize that it happens to the best of us!
OrlandoSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #6  
LAWL since 2/07

Grrr I've been saving all of them and doing them at night in a smoothie for dessert. Oops again!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #7  

Shannon - If you save one, stick to berries and have your smoothie. They have the lowest sugar (I think).
Old 05-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #8  
LAWL since 2/07

It's always strawberries, blueberries - I just generally double the strawberries. Did I mention I like strawberries : )
Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #9  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Maria,

I feel the same way as you - weight loss is very slow. Sometimes I can go 2 weeks and not see anything, then all of a sudden I am down 2 lbs. I actually went almost six weeks, being very cautious about what I was eating and excersing 4x a week - plus a sports activity - and never saw the scale budge. You want to talk about frustrating. Then all of a sudden it seemed that I was down 5 lbs over night.

Cassi - thats interesting about the fruit. Thanks for the info. I usually have two of my fruits in the morning and one in the afternoon, but sometimes I save a fruit for evening. I guess I won't do that anymore.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #10  
Val

I love you guys, you have all these good hints. Here I have been saving as many fruits and starches as possible for the evening as, of course, their my faves! No wonder my weight loss has also started to slow down. Also explains why the counsellor at my COD asked if I usually had a starch at night. I'm gonna have to try to switch it around a little (except for drinkin' nights of course).
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #11  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I was also told to have my fruits earlier in the day...and watch out for grapes, bananas, raisins...they're higher in sugar.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #12  

Jrny - I was saving exchanges for the end of the day too at first. But once I learned to give up what I thought I knew and trust in the plan, I was able to space things out throughout the day, which helped with the weight loss. Saving everything for the evening in front of the TV isn't that great. Save one or two exchanges and space out the rest. You'll be surprised how you adjust.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #13  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Orlando - first, you've done great to have lost what you have in such a short period of time. Remember, it's not a race to the finish...it's a lifestyle. Take a deep breath and be patient with yourself. If stepping on the scale and seeing only ounces lost discourages you, then just weigh once a week or once every two weeks. That way, if you are OP, you will see a loss.

Be persistant and you'll get results. It may take a while but believe that you will get there and in the end you will.

Can't remember who put this on the thread a while back, but I saved it:
Quote:
As Sir Winston Churchill said, "When you're going through ****, keep going!"
Welcome and we're looking forward to seeing more of you and watching you make it to goal.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #14  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i always eat my starches and fruit before 2pm usually. my old COD told me to do that because it's harder for your body to break down the fruits..due to carbs, sugar and the fibers in fruits...something like that. but i have always done it that way.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #15  
Danette lawl march 20/07

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the info on the fruit cassi....Since starting program I have been having trouble getting in all my fruit so I switched to orange juice and grapefruit juice, If I work till 9pm I sometimes have 2 fruit left and I drink it at 10 or 11 at night!!!!! Iam going to get them in earlier now thanks to this post
fan4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote