Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #1  

Talking Home of the Loozing Floozies #20

Welcome to McSkinney's Loozing Floozies!

We're a group dedicated to motivating each other through our daily diet/exercise/life struggles and just "being here" for one another!

Anyone is welcome to join us in our conversations--the more the merrier!

Old 05-09-2007, 05:57 AM   #2  

Gayle-I hope Carol comes back also. She has had a rough time. I miss her. I also miss Ramona and some of the others. I heard from Ramona awhile back. At least we have our Sherry and Doni back!! The devastation is horrible in your state. I'm so sorry. We are smoky here from all the fires. We couldn't let the kids out for recess yesterday at school because of the smoke.

Cheryl-Thanks for starting the new thread. You always come through when Sherry is busy!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #3  

Hello

Gayle,
That damage was unreal! My heart goes out to all the families that have lost everything. I guess we should all feel fortune about what we do have.

Shelley,
Thanks for the compliment.It's great to be back too. How's your Mom & Dad? Did they get the mold taken care of? When is your last day? Mine is the 25th!! I can't wait!! HOO-WOO!!

I can't address everyone right now. I had the CT test done this morning and don't feel good. My arm is still bleeding bad from the IV. Hopefully I'll have good results.

I lost another lb. Sunday when I weighed. 26 lbs. so far! It's going wonderful this time.I'm doing WW on my own BUT I'm going to my Doctor every 4 weeks for weigh-in. (I weigh here weekly though). It's helping me knowing that I have to go see her. I'm on a high dosage of b/p meds and she wants to take me down to a lower dose soon since my weight & b/p has dropped a lot.

Have a good day. Going to lay down then go check out Goodwill and see if I can find some jeans that will fit. I'm off work today.

HUGS!!

Cheryl....Thanks for starting a new thread. It's been crazy for me. My life is starting to slow down now because both MIL & FIL are home and their kids are taking turns staying with them 24/7. Wayne doesn't go back until Sunday night then he'll stay for a week at nights when he gets off his regular job.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #4  

Hey lovely ladies!

I'm not sure if any of y'all already do this, but I do and I love it!!

Are you tired of banner ads or popups distracting you when you browse the forum? Ads pay for your usage, but not all members like them. Based on member feedback, we are now offering ad-free forum usage for a small subscription fee.

Subscribers to the Ad-Free Forum will browse faster because they don't have to wait on the ads to load. Reading the posts is easier because the page is wider and there are no distractions. Subscribers may lose up to 5% more body fat than non-subscribers (your results may vary ).

If you wish to subscribe, go to your User CP and scroll down to the Paid Subscriptions option on the left.

We appreciate your support

Suzanne 3FC

It helps to offset some of the cost of running the web-site AND you get the added bonus of being able to surf a lot faster!

Cheryl
Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #5  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

I just clicked the photos of the tornado destruction and -- OH MY GOD --
I had no idea. Here in Singapore, we don't hear much about the
weather in the USA unless it reaches the status of Hurricane Katrina.
I can't believe how out of touch I am. Even being in the same
state as devastation like that must be traumatic. How can you
reassure yourself not to panic every time there's another alarm.
Best wishes to Gayle.

Sherry, a million congratulations on your weight loss, on needing new
jeans, and most of all on improving your health so much. That's
really inspiring. Also, it's inspiring that you're doing it at the same
time as so many other complications in life, the medical testing
procedures, the situation with the in-laws, and everything. That's
been a weakness for me in the past, namely thinking that weight
control will wait until after I deal with the most recent curveball
that life throws at me.

As for the paid subscription, I like it too. All the half-dressed Barbie doll
models on my screen were really bothering me.

I had a rough day yesterday at the grocery store, but I'm hanging in
there and getting through another day.

Lisa
Old 05-10-2007, 05:42 AM   #6  

Sherry-Wow! 26 lbs is fantastic! Our kid's last day is May 24, the teachers will leave the 25th, so yay for me! The kids are horrible right now, though. It's the last couple of weeks school frenzy, and they are forgetting they are still in school. My parents got an estimate. It will cost $10,000.00 to repair, and they are still fighting with the condo association to see who will pay. My mom would rather live with the mold than spend that kind of money. I can't blame her.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #7  

Hey everyone!

Lisa, I didn't realize you lived in Singapore. Can I visit?

Sherry--you're doing such a great job with your WL, especially with all the stress you've been under lately. I'm so proud of you!!

Shelley--I'm sure you're ready for school to be out. Will you be working your summer job this year? That mold can be tough, but I can't blame your mom for not wanting to spend 10K to get it taken care of. Didn't they just move into that place a short time ago? If the mold problem has existed for awhile and wasn't disclosed to them when they bought the condo they could have grounds for a lawsuit. I'd check into that. Mold may grow overnight, but not to the extent of what they're experiencing--chances are that's been a problem there for a while.

Gayle--those pictures were wild and SCARY!!

I made an A in my class. I was worried because I made a B on the paper and it was one of only three assignments. All's well that ends well, though I'm trying to decide if I want to take a summer class. I'd love to, and I know the prof is a great one, but $$ is an issue. I'm really trying to pay off some of my credit card debt (I owe $25,000+) and the only way I can pay it DOWN is to not make any new charges. That's a lot harder than it sounds

I'm sorry I've not been around much lately--work has been a b****. I've been dealing with a tough client. It's got to get better, though, right?

Anyway,

I do think of you all every day (even the ones I didn't say hi to in this post).

Cheryl.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #8  

Happy Mother's Day!!! I hope you have a wonderful & well pampered day!!!

We are going to go visit Mom in KY and then get to MIL house by 5:00 for a cook-out.

Lost another lb. this morning!!

Lisa...That was so sweet what you said to me. Yes...It's so hard to lose, especially when you a zillion things going on in your life. But I was so determined this time and it's paying off!! Next time you go to the store, go full!! You can do it!!! I wished I weigh what you do!

Cheryl....Congrats on the "A"!!!! You are one smart cookie!! Thanks for starting the new thread!

Got to get dressed. Have a great day ALL. Love you bunches...
Old 05-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Mother's Day everyone! No real celebrations going on here today...just doing some yard work and then Tim and I will probably go out to dinner later. We're staying close to home because grandbaby #3 is due to arrive any day!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #10  

Gayle,
I am so, so sorry. We have been friends and posting here for so many years and I have never forgotten your Birthday. I have really goofed this year. When I got done posting a few minutes ago, I was thinking that you had a birthday coming up any day now.When I checked it was the 3rd!!!! PLEASE forgive me!!! I feel just aweful about it. I bet you were wondering why no one said anything. Bless your heart! I hope it was a special day for you but if I remember correctly, it was during the storms.So if you'll forgive me, I'll make it up to you next year! I love you Gayle!!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #11  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

SuzyMc - Best wishes for the expected grandchild!

Cheryl - Singapore is a great place to visit, and I like living here too.
Good luck with your credit card debt. If you can't afford the course
this time, there's next year and the year after that. Taking time
to get your education gives you more chance to digest what they're teaching
and to absorb the implications and see connections to other topics.
I guess what I mean is -- a delay isn't necessarily a loss.

Sherry - Thanks for the kind words. If it changes anything, I've been a
lot heavier in the past, but I scaled my ticker according to my recent
high. I try not to think about my heavier past very often because that
wasn't "the real me."

Sherry, how was the mother's day cook-out?
Did anybody get stuck at an all-you-can-eat buffet for mother's day?
How do you handle your eating during events like that?

We had reservations at a buffet restaurant but we canceled and
went to a restaurant that puts the calories of its dishes on its menu.
That helped!

Lisa
Old 05-14-2007, 05:29 AM   #12  

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DEAREST GAYLE!!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:30 AM   #13  

Gayle-I am so, so, so sorry I missed your birthday. I never check the list enough. Sherry, thank you so much for reminding me.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #14  

Where is everyone???? Come out where ever you are!! I hope you are all ok. I'm still waiting for my test results. Hopefully I'll hear from it today.

Have a great day..Got to get ready for work.

Hugs...
Old 05-15-2007, 07:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

With the end of the school year, I am swamped. Plus I am getting ready to teach three summer classes, so very little time. Today, Rob's Mom is having surgery, so getting ready to head down for that. She is having hip replacement. Busy few weeks for us!

I do hope everyone is doing well here! I try to read everyday, if I can, to know how everyone is!
Closed Thread