Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Question I look like Rosie?

Okay on The View yesterday Rosie said she weighed 210 pounds. I think she is honest in her weight considering how much she has bashed others when she thinks they are lying about their weight.
Now...I don't know how tall Rosie is, but when I looked at her I thought "oh crap, I'm bigger than Rosie?"
Yes I first logged into 3 fat chicks in November and I'm pretty much at my same starting weight. I've gone up and down and up and up and back down again. Currently I'm going down and I've been doing pretty good.
So anyway, when I think of myself I "see" the old me in my head. But apparently on the outside, I look like Rosie.
Does anyone else understand? You look at people that you think are bigger than you, and can't wrap your head around the fact that it's the other way around??
I am still the biggest person I know in my inner-circles. Friends/neighbors, etc. I've been invited to SO many parties and cookouts and I'm declining every offer because I'm just so tired of being the fat one. I know, I have issues.
I have not yet broken 200, at that is why I'm not posting a lot. I am hopeful that it will happen in July. Of course I've been hopeful before haven't I?
Anyway, that's my ROSIE story.
Happy Day everyone.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

"Do not compare yourself with others, or you may become vain or bitter..."

So what if Rosie's fatter or thinner than you... She's NOT YOU!!!! I'm sure your friends would much rather be around YOU than anyone else. A fat you, or a thin you, other people really don't care that much.

Try to be kind to yourself, appreciate that you are a miracle in the world and that it's great to be here. Don't put your life on hold "until you're thin" start living right now.

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #3  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

This has happened to me as well as I'm sure it has happened to countless others. Just a little while ago my coworker who's almost 6 feet tall complained that her highest weight where she was HUGE, was at my highest weight. That was shocker for me considering I'm barely over 5 feet tall. I try not to let it get me down though and everyone is different. I work out a lot, so I like to tell myself that I have more muscle since she's never picked up a weight. Regardless, I didnt ignore it. I used it to make sure I didnt slack on my goals.

Take it as motivation to stay on track! But remember that there are so many different shapes and weights. Who knows how much muscle she has or how much you have. Weight isnt the only thing, body fat % is important too. Have you had yours measured? That was a huge motivator for me as I was at a very high % when I was checked and that was probably why my body didnt look toned. It really motivated me to step up my workouts.

Make goals that are doable for you and stick to the plan as much as possible. Believe in yourself and your abilities and aprpeciate how far you've come to this point. You can do it!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikini Dreader View Post
Just a little while ago my coworker who's almost 6 feet tall complained that her highest weight where she was HUGE, was at my highest weight. That was shocker for me considering I'm barely over 5 feet tall.
At 6 feet tall and 137 pounds, that is a BMI of 18.6 and anything under 18.5 is considered underweight. I can only imagine that someone of that height/weight looks like skin and bones! And that look, to me, is NOT attractive at all!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Part of my deciding to SERIOUSLY lose weight this time was realizing that those people I thought were bigger than I am really were not--that I looked just the same. So that was a motivator for me, once I got my head around it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #6  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
"Do not compare yourself with others, or you may become vain or bitter..."

Ok... I'm officially HORRIBLE. I like to stand/sit next to people who are CLEARLY bigger than me. It makes me feel.... skinny.

But I also like to stand/sit next to people who are way paler than me... makes me feel..... tanned.

And I like to stand/sit next to people who are wayyyyyyy shorter than me... makes me feel... tall.

And I like to stand/sit next to people who are extremely dumber than me... makes me feel ... smart.

Yup, I'm officially horrible! Vain & bitter... yup that's me.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:55 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Heh, it's just a desiderata quote. I like it! It makes for more peace of mind.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5' 3"

coming out of lurk mode to say:

Just FYI, 2Bthinagain--According to IMDB . com, Rosie is 5'7".

Mary
Mary from Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

I know I used to say that I was pre-jenny craig Kirstie Alley fat. Ya know? Fat Actress Fat...whoa! But who really cares where we are now or where we WERE...we are all going to be sexy slim chicks sooner or later. Thanks to the support on 3FC.com .... haha..RIGHT?!!!! LOL!~

Tina
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #10  
I can do it !!!!

Oh crap, if Rosie is 5'7, then I look worse! I'm 5'6 !!! Thanks everyone for the encouragment....and the laughs.
Tina, I know what you mean about the Kirstie Alley Fat....that image is more acceptable to me than Rosie for some reason. It's also the fat clothes, there just aren't trendy fat clothes.....I would love to see Rosie come out one day wearing the same outfit as Elisabeth Hasselback!!!
I truly have been doing good the last couple of weeks. I even turned down icecream last night when hubby took the family out for treats, and that is saying a LOT.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

2bthinagain...you are beginning...huge step~ it took me months/years to get started. I kept saying I need to..blah blah blah...but after you get going it's great. And I remember when Kirstie lost all that weight (don't compare yourself to rosie...she has no intention on losing) and I had thought about doing a diet along with her...and then she lost and I didn't because I NEVER started. Well, there you go. So let's be the ones that got started and completed it and let other people be the ones that only talk about how they NEED to do it....does that make sense? haha! But just wait...a couple months and you'll be in onederland and then it's literally all down hill after that. I'm filling good myself. I just got into a pair of my designer jeans that I never fit into...still have the tags on them...well I sort of fit into them..haha..they're tight but I zipped them up! Yeah!

Tina
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #12  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyown View Post
2bthinagain...you are beginning...huge step~ it took me months/years to get started. I kept saying I need to..blah blah blah...but after you get going it's great. And I remember when Kirstie lost all that weight (don't compare yourself to rosie...she has no intention on losing) and I had thought about doing a diet along with her...and then she lost and I didn't because I NEVER started. Well, there you go. So let's be the ones that got started and completed it and let other people be the ones that only talk about how they NEED to do it....does that make sense? haha! But just wait...a couple months and you'll be in onederland and then it's literally all down hill after that. I'm filling good myself. I just got into a pair of my designer jeans that I never fit into...still have the tags on them...well I sort of fit into them..haha..they're tight but I zipped them up! Yeah!

Tina
Actually, Rosie is losing weight now. She supposedly started at 217 and is down around 210 now. I say supposedly, because last fall she said she was an 18 and I cried BS. When she started her diet she said her goal weight was a size 18. Um, yeah.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #13  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
Ok... I'm officially HORRIBLE. I like to stand/sit next to people who are CLEARLY bigger than me. It makes me feel.... skinny.

But I also like to stand/sit next to people who are way paler than me... makes me feel..... tanned.

And I like to stand/sit next to people who are wayyyyyyy shorter than me... makes me feel... tall.

And I like to stand/sit next to people who are extremely dumber than me... makes me feel ... smart.

Yup, I'm officially horrible! Vain & bitter... yup that's me.
LOL
You'd be fighting to sit next to me, lol
Short, chubby, AND pale. Sorry- not 4 for 4- I am pretty smart, if I do say so myself
I wish I were darker complected. It makes you look thinner, too. LAtely I've been starting to use the Touch of Sun by Olay moisturizer with tanner in it..it's nice not to be so self conscious with the legs in the summer. But, since it's just May, I havent' started on my legs yet- only my arm area.

And to the OP, don't worry! I love Rosie- and don't forget, the camera adds 20lbs I'm sure she looks way smaller in person. I actually find she's been looking great lately.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #14  
I can do it !!!!

Tina, I haven't seen onederland since last summer, back when I thought I was fat at 191. Now I'm still 215. Amazing how I gained gained gained gained. All the while I told people I was trying to lose lose lose.
I figure 191 is almost a half-way point for me now! LOL
Interesting about Rosies saying she was an 18 and then a goal of 18 etc.
I hope the camera does add 20 pounds....I am curious what she looks like in person. but you have to admit, her clothes are no where near as cute, fun, trendy as the rest of the cast on the View.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Sloppy

Some were saying that the View does not dress Rosie nicely on the View. Rosie choses to have that "sloppy" look. Women like Oprah, Starr Jones, Monique and many other successful plus size women are more of my role model. They show that no matter your size, you don't have to walk around looking unkempt and enforcing the "fat and sloppy" prejudice. Thanks to all the CLASSY chubby ladies!

Also, people carry their weight differently. I think that Rosie carries her weight in the mid section whereas someone may carry it in the behind or etc. Also if she was 217 and was an 18 OR aiming at an 18 that proves my point even more, there are women on 3FC that are 250 (some weigh less) that are ALREADY a size 18. She may also carry more fat then muscle.

Oh, well!

RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote