Old 05-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #1  
Sarah on LAWL

S/C/G: 176/170.2/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Any other breastfeeding moms here?

When I first started the plan (pre-pregnancy) - I was put on Gold, which I lost just fine on. When I first went back at 12 weeks post-partum, I was exclusively nursing. They initially told me I should still be on Gold - and I complained, because I know you burn on average 500 calories a day nursing! I went with it, and was starving - so I kept complaining. Within a week, they figured out that they should have moved me up to red - which has larger protein portions, and an extra 1/2 protein, starch and vegie.

My daughter is now 9 1/2 months old, and my supply has majorly dipped, and I'd say I'm only nursing her about half-time (she gets supplemented with formula the rest of the time). I'm thinking I should drop from red to something - but don't know if I should drop to gold.

Is the blue plan in between these two? What about purple? I'm not familiar with either of these... I suppose I can ask at the COD when I go tomorrow - but they were so uninformed about breastfeeding in general - I thought I'd see what you ladies thought...
Snactuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #2  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I’m nursing and doing LAWL, but I really can’t help you out on which plan you would move to now. My DD is only 11 weeks old and I’ve only been back to the COD for 2 ½ weeks. I’m on Red 1 because I’m nursing exclusively and I’m not doing the lites this time around. I told my COD I’m going to nurse forever because of all the food you get on Red 1! Of course I was kidding, but it will be very difficult to give these additional exchanges up once I’m done nursing.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #3  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Blue: 2.5 Protein, 3 Starch, 3 Veggie, 3 Fruit, 1 Dairy, 1 Fat, 2 Lites (small protein sizes)
Purple: 2 Protein, 2 Starch, 4 Veggie, 3 Fruit, 1 Dairy, 1 Fat, 2 Lites (large protein sizes)

I'm not sure which would be better for you. Compared to what you're on now, the purple has 1/2 less protein and 1 less starch. The protein on blue works out to just a tiny bit less than on purple, and you'd be getting the same amount of starch and one less veggie than you are now. I'd say talk to the girls at your COD, but also maybe talk to your doctor to see what he/she thinks. Also, you have some level of say in this; so if you really like your starches and want to try blue, I'd say go for that. If you'd prefer to have the extra veggie, go for purple. And then if the one you choose isn't working for you (you're either still REALLY hungry or you plateau completely), then you can always have it changed. There's always room to experiment and figure out what works best for your body and your lifestyle! Good luck!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote