Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default 1 lb Down and Plenty More to Go - MAY '07

to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #2  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Good morning ladies. Just another quick fly by for me. I have been terribly swampped here lately and my computer has also been acting up. It doesn't always let me on the net these days. Of course this is my computer at work, not home, I never have time to get on the computer at home. We just found out yesterday that this computer needs a new hard drive so maybe soon I will be able to get on here without having to worry about freezing up.

Well the scales are at 223 so I am loosing last weekends water weight just hoping I dont gain more this weekend. I really would love to get past this plateau and for 3 weeks now I have stayed on track and worked my hindend off trying to get to the teens. Keep fingers corssed.

Check back soon.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #3  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Ladies!!!!

I hope all is well with you all. This year is just rolling on by! My cruise is getting closer and closer. I've really got to get it in gear and get these last 20lbs off. Even is I cant get 20 off by the cruise I need to get at least 10lbs off.

The weather down here is wet, wet, wet!!! We are having some really bad storms!! I've been trying to stay busy and keep my mind off the ex. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, but I'm trying.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Just quick from me today . . .

I was out and about for around 4 hours today and then I spent a couple of hours trying to read this afternoon. My eyes are both aching and I'm so tired I can hardly keep them open, anyway.

My vision is so much better now that my glasses are next to useless. I can't read with them or without them -- my arms must have shrunk during the surgery, I guess. But I really need them for driving and distance vision, but the prescription is actually too strong and gives me a headache. I have to wait 3 to 4 weeks (until the second eye is deemed completely healed) before I can go to the optometrist to get new ones. Nothing works really well for looking at the computer either -- although it is easier than trying to read a book or magazine. Oh wow, something tells me this will be a long, long, month.

Anyway, gang . . . I hope everybody keeps things moving and shaking and I will at least try to stop in for a quick hello again tomorrow . . . see you then.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #5  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies. Hope everyone's having a Happy Friday and had a wonderful week!

My back is still thrown out. I have a two door vehicle, so I guess when I went to put my 2 yr old in her carseat, I twisted wrong (while holding 25 lbs out in front of me at arm's length). It has caused me some pure misery this week, I'll tell ya!! I consider myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance (have been told I do by several people...especially during childbirth!!), but his has nearly made me cry and lose my mind!!! It's a tiny tap better today....hopefully it'll be much better tomorrow. My daughter has graduated to getting in her carseat by herself now. DUH....why didn't I have that kinda sense before Monday?? I guess since working out, I've felt kinda Wonder Woman-ish, like "Okay, I'm in shape now...I can do anything!" Guess what?? I'm no where near wonder woman! lolol And I have quite a long way to go before I'm "in shape." Guess I learned this entire lesson the extremely hard way, huh?

Yesterday was my first on target day in a while. I've had several things working against me. First the bronchitis I had for 2 weeks (no working out, plus didn't watch what I ate), TOM happened during bronchitis, then my back (definitly no work outs since this has happened! Remember, I'm not Wonder Woman!! hehe), plus I went grocery shopping last night because I'd not been since I got really sick with bronchitis (oh about 3 weeks), so I had nothing healthy to eat or snack on. Haven't felt like going to WW meetings...have missed two meetings, so h aven't been to a meeting in 3 weeks! The only good thing in all of this is that my stomach has been upset (probably from too much Advil), so alot of what I've eaten has gone straight thru me (sorry if TMI!!). I'm not even daring the scales, though. I know it can't be good.

Well, that's my last three weeks in a nutshell. This chair is killing my back, so I'm off. Have a great weekend everyone. I'm sure I may be back later today.

Diana
Old 05-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Eye is still causing a pain both literally and figuratively . . . stupid weather isn't helping either . . . cold and rainy today and expected to continue for most of the weekend. Finally predicting some warmth for next Monday and Tuesday . . boy, I hope they are right.

Kittens are still eating me alive . . . but they are so darn cute . . . it's hard not to laugh, even when they are bad.

You take care of the back problem, Wonder Woman . . . you'll be back to fighting crime really soon. . .

Not much else going on for me . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking evening planned . . . will be looking forward to seeing you all really soon . . .
Old 05-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #7  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening Ladies!!!

The scales were finally back at 192 this morning and my prom dress fits perfectly again!! You can see my collar bones in my new pic!!! If you look closely, of course.

Just a quick update!!

Have a great night!!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #8  
Domestic Engineer

Gosh Diana and Linda- I hope you are both feeling better and back to your old selves very soon!! I know I often take for granted my health. Hugs to you both!!

Jana- you are looking goooood! WTG! Love the new picture.

Well, I am a week into being back at it and feeling strong. Just had a good 5.6 lb loss this week and have even stayed OP all weekend! Just watching portions really. We walked about 2 miles this afternoon as a family- granted it was slow, but even my younger kids did it. They only needed carried for a short while- so it looks like we've finally outgrown the strollers- yay! It was a gorgeous day here today and we were walking around a lake so there was lots of distractions for them (dogs, rollerbladers, ducks, bridges etc).

Came home and grilled steak for fajitas. They were excellent if I do say so myself. Went heavy on the veggies and only had one.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Tina, where are you?? I know there have been a few of us being scarce. I'm going to do better at posting-- I hope everyone else will too.
Here's to a great week!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #9  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, ladies. Well, back is MUCH better. Still some pain, but it's 90% better. YIPPEE! Hubby and I are "back on the wagon" beginning today. We've not stuck really to anything for close to a month, I guess. I'm sure I'm up a few lbs, but it won't take long to get them back off and begin a fresh new journey. Hopefully the time off has done me some good. I'm ready to start back. This eating normally is a drag...really. I don't feel nearly as good.

We had a pretty tragic day yesterday. We went to the lake (bayou, actually). For years there's been this huge 2-3 inch diameter rope hanging from a tree that everyone and their mama has swung from and let go into the water. My hubby used to do it when he was a teen and he's 34 now. We had some friends and their kids with us yesterday out boating and decided to stop, let the kids swim and let the kids and hubbys swing from the rope. There were already some teens we didn't know there swinging. Just as soon as we drove up (we weren't even all out of the boat), this one teen guy was taking his turn. Well, there's a platform about 25 feet up in the air that someone nailed to a tree for people to stand on the begin swinging...just for a longer and more fun swing. He was swinging from up there. (I know everyone knows what I'm about to say). Just as he came down where all his weight was on the rope, it BROKE! He landed first on his back on top of a cypress knee that was sticking up outta the ground about 4 inches. He then hit his head on some stumps. It didn't knock him unconcsious, but we heard bones break and he couldn't get up. We ended up calling paramedics and having to go to the boat launch and pick them up in the boat and bring them to this guy...they hauled him off with a neck brace on a gourney/hard board thing. The hospital won't give us any information about him, so we don't know his condition. It was horrible. Needless to say, no one else swang from the rope. We just went and did the very same thing just a couple of weeks ago. If my 34 yr old hubby had taken that fall, it'd have either done permanent damage or killed him, I'm sure.
I'll bbl. Time to take son to school.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #10  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Hi ladies is it okay to jump in here? I have wayyyy more than a few pounds to lose that is for sure. What plan are you all on ? I'm some what on weight watchers but getting myself to stick to writing everything down is hard. I don't have a food scale either...I guess on the weight and I feel like I'm not doing it right once I start guessing. I just try to eat the same amounts of food as I did when I first started weight watchers and did write everything down. Trying to eat healthier as well just for better health. I have all my goals in my siggy. Trying to keep them small but my main goal is to get into ONEderland.

You all have been busy losing weight...would you all mind sharing how your losing and more importantly keeping it off ? Looking forward to getting know you all
Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #11  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Good to see you EMILY . . . Glad to hear you ar back in the swing, Chickie.

Wow JANA . . . Collarbones are great . . . in fact everything about the new picture is beautiful.

Oh DIANA . . . Isn't it awful when something so fun goes so wrong. Really glad to hear you are on track, though.

Hi there LOSING. . . Of course you are welcome to join us . . . We love new people . . . hope we'll be seeing lots less of you, lots more often now that you've found us.

Personally, I have to write everything down or it's like I never ate it. That is a definite no-no for me because I'm diabetic and need to know details of what is going into my system so I can regulate my insulin and other meds. All those meds also make it really difficult for me to lose weight, but I just keep reminding myself that it was the tortoise that finally won the race. This has been a bad year so far, because I'm just recovering from my 3rd minor surgery and I keep getting knocked off course a little each time. I pretty much just try to eat within the CDA (Canadian Diabetes Association) guidelines, so I'm afraid I'm not too much help to you.

Anyway, gang . . . afraid I'm not having a great day . . . my vacuum cleaner, refrigerator, and stove have all decided to develop problems . . . think I've got the vacuum figured out and the replacement part is ordered . . . the stove I can live with for the time being . . . the refrigerator (that doesn't refrigerate things); well I don't even want to think about that -- naturally it will be the most expensive to replace out of the three.

Oh well , don't ask me what the connection is, but this morning helped me make up my mind to delay the hysterectomy -- probably just one more layer of stress I didn't want. So I have rescheduled for September 20 and I'm definitely looking forward to having nothing nasty on my plate this Summer.

MY BGL is still higher than I'd like, but it is fairly stable throughout the day now. I am definitely still retaining water from the IV . . . I can see it trying to hide out in my ankles. I'm staying away from the scale until the 23rd in the hopes that things will be back in balance by then.

Cats and kittens are fine -- crazy but adorable -- did you know that three kittens means 132 little 'instruments of torture' that they sink into me at will? --- 3 x 18 claws, plus 3 x 26 teeth --- all as sharp as little needles. Hope I survive their kittenhood. Aren't you all glad you've got me to keep you up-to-date on all this fascinating mathematical stuff?

Well. . . guess I'd better get moving along since I've definitely done enough blathering for now. Hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking kind of day wherever and whatever . . . hope we will be seeing you again really soon . . . keep on doing the good stuff, ladies . . .
Old 05-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #12  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Thanks Meow for the welcome You have kittens? Awww! Did you have a cat that had kittens to get three at once? My daughter has a stray cat we are nursing back to health. He was in a big fight... had a major infection from that fight. He had to have surgery to clean everything out. Hes had his shots and goes back for booster shots then we can FINALLY get him fixed. Not sure how long I (or him) can take with him being locked in the bathroom. A little less than two weeks to go

I wish i could get in the habit of writing everything down again...need to just buy a scale and then I will have no reason as to why I'm not writing everything down. Would be helpful when planning to eat out too.

I'm with you meow
My car decided to have it's own problems as well This morning I was running late getting my daughter to the bus stop and the car wouldn't start. Of course we miss the bus...My husband had to tell me what to do over the phone and it did finally work the second time. Now I think I need break pads it's noisy when I brake. My vaccuum cleaner wasn't working right for a while but I think it was just the filter..replaced it and it seems to be okay. My refrigerator has been wanting to die for years BUT i will not let it... will come down to buying one when we really have to and it actually does blow My dishwasher is not washing so I don't know why I put them in there just to have to hand wash them again. My water pump is leaking and needs to be replaced....hmmm I need to stop thinking about what needs to be replaced this is getting stressful
Looking forward to meeting the other ladies here
Lorra
Old 05-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Hi again LORRA . . . go take a look at this page (from our April chat thread) . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=108796&page=7 . . . about 4th post down the page . . . as you can see, I had a very weak moment.

Wow . . . sounds like you are having even more fun than I am. BTW, why is poor 'fight-boy' confined to the bathroom? Do you have other pets?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:14 PM   #14  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

Jana, You are doing so well. I see those collarbones. Don’t you love ‘em! Keep up the good work.

Linda, I’m glad to see you back already. Just the thought of a stitch in the eye sends shivers down my spine. I would think your body really needs a break from all of the stresses of surgeries (even minor surgeries are stressful). Delaying the hysterectomy sounds like a good idea right now. Get through the summer first. Doesn’t it seem like appliances always tend to break at once? We have that kind of luck too.

Emily, What a wonderful weight loss you had this week. It sounds like you are back on strong! I’m going to try my best to do better at posting in the future too. I have good intentions (like many of us, I’m sure) but sometimes life just takes over.

Diana, what an awful thing to have happened yesterday. Have you heard anything else about the young man?

Losing4another, welcome! I calorie count, with mostly whole foods, limited sugars, high fructose corn syrup, and white flours. I use fitday.com to keep track of my calories. Once I got used to it, I feel like I’m not complete for the day until I log all of my food. Not everyone uses a food scale, but I find that I need to weigh my food every couple of weeks, or my eyes start deceiving me. I just have a little cheapo that I bought at Wal-Mart for about $7.00, but it does the trick. Just curious, who the “another” is that you’re losing for,

I’ve been doing okay. My exercise has been a little off track on a daily basis, but then I spend 12 – 15 hours a week doing yard work, so I thought maybe it would even out. However, I do feel better when I exercise every morning, so I keep trying to get back into my morning exercise. The scale keeps fluctuating between 201 and 198, so I really haven’t felt like celebrating hitting onederland. It feels like a hollow victory when the scale keeps bouncing all around. Once I get far enough past 200, I hope to feel more successful and happier about it….

Hello to everyone else! Hope to see you all posting again soon.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

So glad to see you, TAMMY . . . You are one of our most inspiring members, you know. Don't you worry, onederland will stick. Just keep doing the good stuff. If this stuff was easy, 3FC wouldn't have almost 70,000 members and none of us would ever have met each other.

Well, mostly SSDD in my world . . . refrigerator is sort of holding it's own. I mostly emptied the freezer section (put it in the big freezer downstairs) and the frig part is holding within safe temperature limits; but I imagine it's on it's last legs. The silly part for the vacuum is $80 - so I certainly hope it is the answer. Everything else about the stove seems okay so I'll just live with it for a bit while I start shopping for new appliances. Bought those 2 window A/C units yesterday and now have to get in touch with Reg (my local handy-man type) to come and install them. Good timing - temp is supposed to go to 28C (82F) today - that will spur everybody into a buying frenzy and within a week there won't be an A/C for sale anywhere in town.

The menagerie is fine . . . actually, Muttley and I had a little chat and he decided he'd rather be called Freckle . . . so now, my usual alliterative habit is back in sync . . . Frickle, Frackle, Freckle . . . or Frick, Frack, Freck for short (Yes, I am definitely a Shreck fan . . . can hardly wait to see the third movie . . . . . . that's me -- 64, going on 6.4.

Well, guess I'd better do my rounds and see if any horribly exciting things have been happening overnight in the 3FC world. Keep things moving and shaking everybody . . . see you soon . . .
Closed Thread