Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #1  
Heather

S/C/G: 203/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking This is the first time...

This is the first time I went to an awesome restaurant and didn't go over my daily calories! yeah!!!

My mom and I went out to eat at this little cajun restaurant called Fezzo's. OMG... The food was soooooo good ... I drank about a liter or more of iced tea, and a good sized salad before the meal came, so by the time my meal came, I was not ravenous anymore. I was actually able to control myself. I mean, what I ordered was pretty fattening, high calorie selections (shame on me), but I was able to get away with not eating that much of it. So, I ate what I could and boxed the rest. I am so proud of myself....

I think I might take her there again on Mother's Day...

If ever you all are visiting the Lafayette, LA area, go eat at Fezzo's. The food is fabulous!!! OMG... I was in heaven...
cajungal328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:15 AM   #2  
Meg

Good for you! It's such a great feeling to walk out of a restaurant, having enjoyed a wonderful meal but not feeling bloated and sick. Drinking iced tea and having a big salad are great strategies.

I've never been to Louisiana but would love to go there some day!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Major Victory!!! We're talking MAJOR. Way to go. Keep up the good work!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:14 AM   #4  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Great job! It's amazing how often we forget to watch for signs of hunger and fullness in restaurants and just plow through big, unhealthy meals. Kudos to you for recognizing how hungry you really were and staying in control!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Great victory. Eating at a nice restaurant and not going away stuffed is a major accomplishment. WTG.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #6  
Ready for a better life!

Way to go, Heather!! It is possible. This past week I had a banquet and two dinner meetings. I knew where the meetings were so I looked up the restaurants online and studied the menus before I went. I don't know if I stayed under my usual calories but I was able to make good choices without taking an hour to read the menu
It is possible to have fun with food even on a diet! Bet your mom would love to go back there with you on Mothers Day!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote