Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 02:55 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Post 300+ and Ready to Try Again.........#138

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 03-01-2002, 03:08 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hey everyone!

Well, helloooo.....hellooooo....helloooo!

How is everybody today?! Great I hope. We were getting a little long there, so I went ahead and started a new thread. Like I said, 2cute would be so proud! For those of you who may not have seen the second page from thread #137, you may want to take a peek back there at Syn's post and may want to respond. I wouldn't want anyone to miss it.

Syn: I can't even imagine how hard it must have been to have taken the brave step you have taken. I don't think you mentioned how long you had been married, but I would assume having two grown daughters and grandchildren, that you were married for quite some time. I do want to give you a great big {{{HUG}}} and tell you how much I respect you for your decision. I believe, as you believe, that marriage is a sacred bond, and it's not something you just give away lightly, but I don't believe God would want you to stay in that type of situation. My Mom has been in an abusive marriage for as long as I can remember. As a child, I would beg her to leave my Dad, but back then, she was just too scared and felt like she couldn't support herself and me and my brother, so she lived with the mental and physical abuse. Long after me and my brother left home and married, she finally decided she could take no more and left him.........FOR 9 MONTHS.........and then feel right back into the trap.......and I am sorry to say, to this day is still suffering with mental and physical cruelty. And it doesn't matter what my brother or I or anyone tries to do or tell her......she has to make the decision on her own to leave. But she doesn't have the strength. That's why I admire you so much. I know there will be times you will be lonely and scared, but that is what we are here for. You are never alone and my prayers are with you.

Just wanted to take a minute to reply to Syn, but I will check back in with you guys later. I miss everyone!
Old 03-01-2002, 07:56 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile I'm Back....

Hello everyone.... I am home again... but I am sick AGAIN !!!!
This time it is laryngitis and cold type symptoms. My face is all puffy and swollen sinuses. Cough, headache, etc.

I have had a very hard week. Eventually had to put my dad into a nursing home and that is just about killing me. He needs to be tube fed 5 times a day and is very unbalanced. We fear he will fall and hurt himself and my mom is too ill to take care of him. He is so sharp mentally still. He prepared his own long form 1040 the week before entering the hospital. Seeing him with those unable to feed themselves and bedridden is sooo hard.
One of you mentioned that you had a family member who also had a stroke and overcame the inability to swallow and also was put on tube feeding. If you could ... would you send me a PM (private message) and tell me how long it took for your family member to eat again. And any other info you have.

To everyone else. I have missed you all. I have not read any threads. Just writing this off line to keep in touch. I am supposed to be at my daughters this weekend but too sick to go. I will catch up on reading and hopefully be able to respond to some tomorrow or later this weekend.

I had to jump in here and give Syn a hug. {{{ HUG }}}
I have not read your post yet... but know of your struggles and I am sorry I have been gone and unable to send you the support you needed. Hang tough lady. You are sooo loved here.

Tina... You are right... I am PROUD of you.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-01-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:01 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Default Where is everyone?

Hey folks...

I'm posting tonight because I should be gone all day tomorrow. My son and I are going to Philadelphia with the Boy Scouts for an 8 mile hike on Philly's Freedom Trail. I think I'll count that as my exercise for the day!

Good to see your post, 2cute...hope you feel better soon. That's some hard duty you're pulling...just know that we're here for you when you're ready! ...

I guess that's all for now...hope to see LOTS of posts tomorrow night!

be good...
Old 03-01-2002, 09:38 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Syn: {{{HUGS}}}} I know what you are going through I have been there. My first marriage was abusive. I got married the first time at 29 I had a 10 year old son my husband was very mean to him and eventually to me also . We were married 6 1/2 years and I finally told him to get out. I was single for 5 years when I met the wonderful man I am now married to.

Where is everyone ?

Cute sorry about your dad my mom is in a nursing home. I hated to do it but I had no choice she had lost her leg and I couldn't take care of her at home.

Well thats all for tonight see all of you tomorrow
Old 03-01-2002, 10:24 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just checking in real quick. I have been down and out with a cough, cold, runny nose and eyes. Just miserable. Slept on the couch last night 'cuz I couldn't breathe laying down. Not sure what tonight will bring. Not feeling much better.

I will try to check in tomorrow. Just can't function tonight.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:21 AM   #7  

Hi Syn,

A big hug to you. You're a strong and courageous woman. Many of us long to break free from abuse. Be it at work or at home. It's strange but abusive men have a hold on you. To break free of that hold is a far greater achievement than weight loss. My sister is one who broke free. She upped and left. It was a long journey, but today she's happy, energetic, and looks great. So will you.

Take care of yourself,
Malia
Old 03-02-2002, 09:58 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Good Morning all
Thin get well soon
Dh and I are going into town today have to buy a ladder so I can paint window frames.

I'll be back later
Old 03-02-2002, 10:12 AM   #9  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I hate not being able to post more often here. Thank you all for your faithful writing, so I can keep up with reading and motivation. *hugs*

Syn, I am so proud of you for taking care of yourself. In everything you have written, it shows what an incredible caregiver you are. I had no idea everything else you were dealing with at the same time. You're in my prayers. Stay strong-- breaking away from abuse is hard. As sad as it sounds, we do become addicted/bonded to our abuser. *HUGS* There is so much else I want to say, but it is all caught up in this lump in my throat and that wish to just give you a big, warm hug and make it all better.

2cute, my husband works at a care facility and also does home health visits. I know it is hard leaving your father at the nursing home, but have faith that there are people who care deeply for his well-being. Take care of yourself as well. If he is able to return home, you are going to need your strength and energy. Don't try to do this all yourself. *HUGS*

I'm going to have to cut replies short or I'll be late to work. Wanted to let you all know that I've lost 12 lbs. since my knee surgery! I'm back below where I was when I hurt my knee in the first place! Wahoo!
Walking has been good, but I had to miss my first day. We had a windstorm that was soooo nasty. I was going to be out late helping my new recruit with her first party, and was driving home at 10p.m. Figured I'd still be able to get in at least half a mile or so, but the wind was blowing so hard on the way home that my car was being pelted with small rocks! There was so much dirt and sand blowing that it was like driving in super thick fog. I wished I had planned ahead and done a small walk that morning, cause I broke a nearly 4 week streak! Still, it felt good to give my feet a break for one night.

I'm outta here! Take care all. There is so much more I want to say to everyone. I'm definitely making more time for myself here this weekend.

Andria
Old 03-02-2002, 11:00 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking

Good morning ... good morning .... good morning !!!!
It feels sooooo GOOD to wake up in my own bed for a change.

I woke up to 6 inches of snow. It is so beautiful. Unfortunately it was preceeded by ICE.
I am so happy I came home yesterday and did not get snowed in at Missouri.
I am also happy I did not go to my daughters and get snowed in there either.
My husband may be snowed in at a convention he went to this weekend about 100 miles from here. I sure hope he uses common sense and doesn't try to drive home in this.

I still have not read any old threads yet. I hope everyone is fine. Thin... I hope you feel better soon. I feel some what better... but I think it has more to do with being at home and away from all the stress I have had for the last 2 weeks. I am enjoying being home alone.

Well friends... I am out of here. I am going to put in an old time movie called "Touch of Mink" starring Carey Grant and Doris Day. I got it last summer at a garage sale for 50 cents. I also got "My Girl Friday". I am going to ENJOY my first day home.... snowed in and snuggled up in warm blanket in MY OWN BED.
Old 03-02-2002, 07:47 PM   #11  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Thanks for all the support friends.

It sounds like many of you are doing well on the weight loss journey. That is good.

My brother just came by with a hot roast beef sandwich with home made mashed potatos swimming in gravy and corn, and cherry cobbler for dessert! Dang...I can't believe I ate the whole thing!!! And I had been so good!!!!

I need to get off line so I can get a phone call.

Take care one and all.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:59 PM   #12  

Okay - I clicked to post and it deleted my message....grrrrrr

So now I don't have time to re-write my post.

Syn I am keeping you in my prayers. Aren't brothers wonderful. I love mine more than he will ever know. That meal sounds to me like he wanted to comfort you and make your sadness go away.

Please keep posting...I missed you.
Old 03-02-2002, 09:53 PM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello all
How are all of you? I guess I'm ok I mashed my finger today in a freak accident it is black and swolen.
Dh and I went into town and he bought me two new outfits. a beautiful purple print dress and a denim skirt and top. I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:38 PM   #14  

Hi everyone,

Mary, owee. My finger is throbbing just thinking of you. Ouch. Hope it feels better by now. Cute outfits feel good too.

2cute2, your day sounds yummy. Do you have one of those featherbeds? My birthday present to myself was a featherbed set from QVC. They lost it in the mail. Now it's too late to be dreaming of featherbeds. We're heating up here. This morning, I woke up to a beautiful sunny day. It was work for me I'm afraid. I ended up exercising more than I planned. First off, I had planned to take a leisurely walk in the park. 40 minutes later. yikes. I got home and washed my car. Puttered in the yard and ended up lawn mowing. My back aches a little. I overdid the exercise today.

I'm working on my taxes. I think I'll watch Bridget Jones Diary.

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 03-03-2002, 08:07 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Hey all...

Good morning...I'm up earlier than I wanted to be, but since I fell asleep on the couch last night around 8:00...I'd say I've exceeded my usual quota! After I'm done here, I'm off for my daily walk. I like this new habit I'm forming! It rained here all last night, there seems to be a lull at the moment, but I'm going no matter what!

Philadelphia was fun...what a nice city! I'd like to go back with just my family...so many things I would have liked to have taken my time with, but there was an agenda to follow with 25 boys, and 10 adults, (some of whom are on about the same par, maturity-wise, as the 11 year olds) to keep together! I love to visit places rich in history...we were in the room where the Declaration of Independence was signed and where the Constitution was created. We went to Betsy Ross's house and the site where Benjamin Frankilin's house once stood...we went to the Quaker Meeting house, and several museums along the way. I'm glad the weather held out...

2cute, Good to see you back ! I LOVE "A Touch of Mink!" God, How I wanted to be just like Doris Day when I grew up! Didn't she always have the BEST outfits???
Thin, I hope you feel better...
Syn, my mouth was watering at the sound of that meal! Nice brother! Who WOULDN'T have eaten the whole thing?!
Grannie, MORE PAINTING?? Could you come do my living room?
Malia, you burned LOTS of calories yesterday, you have earned a good rest...and it IS Sunday! (Sponge Bob on today?)
Andria, that storm sounded NASTY! Do you get them often? Yikes!
Baylee, good for you, 7# WITH a bum hip! I hope it feels better soon!
QueenB, how's that husband of yours? You always have a funny to share about him!
Lucky, DON'T YOU HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS?? I blow a post at least twice a week!
Am I forgetting anyone? I hope not...I'm off for my walk now, maybe I'll be nice and bring the dog...she LOVES to go for walkies!!

Have a great day, all...I'll think of a good recipe for later!

See ya
Closed Thread