Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #1  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Default Bars, Soups or Drinks...Which LA LITE is better?

Good morning, all!

I am seeking your sage advice and comments once again!

A couple of questions:

(1) When choosing which LITE to partake of (and I don't mind taking them) - which is best: bars, soups or drinks?

We've been eating the bars as our LITES for weeks and are happy enough with them. But this morning at WI, the COD was REALLY pushing that I switch to the Drinks (which I did not try; but I don't really have a place for another drink in my life at this point - I am busy enough trying to get all my water in!). We did try soups but did not care for them (I suppose I could incoporate into some of our main dishes, but only b/c I had to not b/c I wanted to) - But is one better than the other??? Help me, please! At this point, I can make the change if there is one or another that is better for you or will help us lose faster, but if it is changing for the sake of changing, then I probably won't switch from Bars to Soups (Drinks really wouldn't be an option for me) -

(2) When I lose ".2" or ".4" how much is that, actually? Is it "4 ounces" or what???

Thank you in advance to everyone for their support & answers!
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Becca - I only liked the bars; I think they push the drinks to move them off the shelf. And, I didn't like the soups either, but that's just me.
The bars are better because they do have have some "bad" stuff in them (hydrogenated oil comes to mind), but compared to all the other bad stuff I have put in my body in the past, this should not be a concern. I say stick with the bars if you like them and consider them a legal "treat." My guess is if you did the drink or soup, you may lose a tad faster, but remember, slow and steady wins the race. Why suffer along the way with yucky tasting drinks or soups.
OR you can do what I did about 6 months into the program (right around when Dr. Oz came out with his book and told us how bad hydrogentated oil is for us). I stopped doing lites all together and went on an all food program. Well, at least I'm trying to do that. But in all honesty, I like my sweet treats, so the all food program is not working for me and I need to just get back with the lites and do this right.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #3  
Jill on LAWL

S/C/G: 192/157/155

Height: 5'4"

I have to say that I like that shakes alot. However, lately I have been eating the bars almost exclusively because they are so convenient. For the shakes to taste the way I like them, I have to use the blender, make sure I have ice, clean it, etc. This might not seem like an issue, but I'm a music teacher in the middle of concert crunch time. I have no time. Anything to make my life easier is a good thing. The soups did not satisfy me, except for in a recipe once in awhile.
Jill
Jillibean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #4  
Becca on LAWL

Jill,

For me, convenience is a key issue - b/c the times I eat my bars I am usually in the car either on the way to work or picking the children up and taking them to their afternoon activities. So making a shake or drink is just not going to work for me. And living in Fla, the thought of seeing a hot mug of soup as a "treat" in 100 degree weather is not really all that thrilling. I think they were pushing the drinks to move them, as Joni pointed out, and I think that it came off as pushing them, and that is why it was such a turn-off for me. It was really the first time I've left the center in over 5 weeks (going three times a week) that I had kind of a "bad taste" in my mouth. But the program is working for me, so I plan on "putting on my big girl panties and dealing with it!"

Thanks for the words...
Old 05-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #5  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Becca -
Quote:
When I lose ".2" or ".4" how much is that, actually? Is it "4 ounces" or what???
.2 and .4 on a scale means 2/10ths of a lb or 4/10ths of a lb.
To convert that to ounces use:

1/10th of a lb = 1.6 oz

SO

2/10ths of a lb = 3.2 oz
4/10ths of a lb = 6.4 oz

got it?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #6  
Becca on LAWL

Thank you, Joni - NOW I've got it!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #7  

I like the Vanilla LA Lite drink in the morning, but I have to make it in the blender (that make is really frothy) otherwise it is gross (if you just mix it with water in a cup). I pour it over frozen coffee or tea ice cubes (I freeze coffee or tea in ice cube trays). But I agree that the clean up of the blender takes time.
curlmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #8  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

You need to get a magic bullet to make the shakes. I don't use mine to make the LAWL lites, but I use it every day to make my DD blueberry "shakes"...I just taken frozen blueberries and milk - she loves it! I also do the peanut butter, banana and milk shakes for myself. It really, really comes in handy...just an FYI.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Personally, I like having the bars.. They fill my need for a mid morning or mid afternoon snack and really help me avoid the ever present vending machine... The soup I use for recipies (creamy chicken caserole comes to mind!), but I REALLY don't like the shakes.. I didn't use a blender to make them and that would be too much of a hassle to do at work anyway...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #10  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

I have used the Vanilla and Chocolate Lites in the morning for smoothies.. but even when blended they are near impossible to clean up.. but taste good. They just discontinued those in Canada so I'll have to use yogurt or milk. I have tried one of the cold drinks but the after taste was horrible and also found the hot chocolate did not blend well. The bars are very convenient and portable. I use the Lemon or Honey Nougat in the morning as I'm not quite ready for chocolate and have Peanut Butter, Caramel and Cookie Dough on hand for the early evening cravings.. I'll be getting weaned off two a day in a few weeks down to 1 a day and will likely replace my evening one with some SF pudding or some yogurt... once I finish my 12 step Letting go of Lites therapy!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #11  

Height: 5'8

I like the shakes ONLY in the blender w/ fruit added. I don't like the soups. When I reccomended that a client switch to shakes it's usually due to the calorie difference, sometimes doing 1 bar and 1 shake makes a big difference weight loss wise. You may want to try it for a week or so. Regarding the .4, that means you lost 4/10 of a pound.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote