Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #1  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow Healthy Drinks?

What are some suggestions for low-cal, low-sugar, high in vitamin drinks? I love water but sometimes I want a good tasting drink for a snack. Juices can be too high in sugar or are too thick for me to drink, so I need some help finding healthy drinks that not only taste good, but are really good for you.

As an additional question, have you ever tried protein drinks and do they work?

NOTE: I'm not a big fan of Crystal Light or iced tea.

Thanks in advance!
-Lauren
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #2  
LLV

Whiskey.

LOL, I'm kidding. Don't mind me, I'm in a goofy mood today. Which doesn't happen very often.

I was going to suggest the Koolaid singles, but you said you weren't a fan of Crystal Light, so I don't know how big that suggestion would go over. I've tried protein drinks in the past, but they're just too many calories for me and I don't like to drink my calories. You asked if protein drinks work. Not sure what you mean by that. Do they work what? In weight loss? Or..... something else?

If you meant weight loss, everything can work in weight loss, it's just a matter of how many calories you take in.

I really can't think of anything that's 'healthy', except maybe carrot juice. I love carrot juice, but again, we're getting into the whole juice thing.

Me, I'm perfectly happy with drinking water all day long, but if I want flavor, I just go grab a Koolaid single and dump it into my water. Sorry, but that's about all I can suggest. Maybe someone else will chime in with some better ideas
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

You could mix some juice with water. Sometimes I'll mix seltzer water with a little bit of juice to give it some flavor and that way I get some fizz.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/145

Height: 5'2

Hey, not ot mention juice again but i love V8, it tastes better than tomato juice and it a serving of veggies for the day. Usually just 4oz will do the trick.

LighterLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Diet Coke has a new product called Diet Coke Plus. It taste just like diet coke and it has added vitimans and minerals.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #6  
Crazy Diet

Height: 162cm

Personally i'd avoid soft drink. Juice is the only viable choice for me.
cherrylinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #7  

I'd love some suggestions as well- I have a hard time drinking plain water- I was drinking Vitamin water, until my friend pointed out that I might as well eat half a jelly donut because there's so much sugar in one vitamin water So I'm back to my plain old bottled water at the moment, and am barely getting through it...
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #8  
STi

fresh squeezed lemon juice in a bottle of spring water.

I just juice a bunch of lemons and fill up an empty bottle and leave it in the fridge and just add alittle to my spring water bottles when i'm ready.
STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

Hot cocoa:
2 tbps of baking [100% pure] cocoa (30 calories) mixed with hot water or fat-free milk, sweetened with splenda.

Chocolately
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:14 AM   #10  

fresh juice will fine; for me this technique works.
justlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #11  
returning to myself

I like lemon jc and a little splenda in a bottle of seltzer....

..or cranberry concentrate and a little splenda in a bottle of seltzer....

unsweetened chocolate flavred almond breeze with splenda....only 45 cal, 2 carb plus the splenda... (tastes a little like yoohoo)

as for protein...I use "4everfit fruit blast isolate tropical mango"....I just mix with water and add ice...its yummy....23 grams of protein and 100 cal. it tastes very juicy.
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #12  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

I got this idea from someone else on 3FC, but I can't remember who--put some orange slices in your water pitcher in the fridge. It is very refreshing and a nice change from lemon or lime. And it's pretty too. I put two slices in a quart canning jar to take with me and people are always oohing over it!
mariposita is offline   Reply With Quote