View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
alinnell

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've been a member of 3FC for over a year and I JUST NOW see that there is a 40 something's thread! How funny is that!

I'm 44. I too, had lost a considerable amount of weight and was down to 128. People told me that I was too skinny (but I sure loved being that size!). But it was hard to maintain and I bounced up to around 135 where I stayed for several years until stress took over. My weight shifted up to the 150's and then I became complacent and didn't do anything right--I ate too much, I drank too much, I didn't exercise at all. Next thing I knew, I was 173 and miserable. So I know how you feel. But, I'm also here to tell you that you are not at the end of a rope. You can turn around and you can lose the weight again.

Sit yourself down and make a plan. Decide what your goals are (is it to lose weight, to get healthy, to lose inches, a combination?). Make a chart to record your weight, your measurements (take them all now!!!) and record what you eat every day. You can do these on paper or on the computer, but just do it! Set realistic goals--maybe just 10 pounds at a time. Decide how you plan to go about it (one particular diet over another, or calorie counting, or just a healthier attitude toward eating). Then do it! You know you can!

Good luck to you.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote