Old 05-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/157/125

Height: 5'6"

Default First Day on Plan!!!

So today I started my Gold plan (how do they decide what "color" you are anyhow?). Not doing too bad. I still have some grapes, a rice cake, and a LA lite while I am at work....and dinner at home.

Those LA lites....ugh...so SWEET!! I'm sure for those of you who struggle with the sweet tooth that some of those bars are a welcome treat. But sweets aren't my problem....salties are. I love chips and nachos and salty style snacks (mainly because I don't salt anything...so I suppose my body craves the sodium). Anyhow...tried the Cookie Dough this morning...not too bad but so very very SWEET to me!! Ugh!

Anyhow...back to chugging my water
ambrosiapixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #2  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome and good luck! I think the correct answer to you color plan question is weight, activity level, work schedule. I'm with you on the salty thing. Sgt. Salty Dawg will keep you under control though. You'll meet him later...chime right on in dan....
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Lil Pixie!!! This plan works! I hope you have great success!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!

The cookie dough bars are very sweet...you might like one of the others better, like peanut butter.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

AP, you and I are the same.. While I can appreciate sweet treats, my BIG addiction is to salty stuff, which is probably why I'm known around here as the Salt Police... It's such an obsession with me that I've overcompensated for my addiction by going WAY off the deep end with my sodium mg counting...

I find the peanut butter isn't near as sweet at the others.. Especially if you microwave it for 15 seconds or so...

I also LOVE the carmel bars.. Probably WAY to sweet for you, but they taste so much better than 80% of the other bars, in my opinion...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #6  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Pixie - did you purchase the lites because you can do the plan without them...just a thought
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #7  

Actually...in my particular center lites are NOT an option unless you are medically excused from them due to allergy. It is in my contract. I don't know if its a franchise thing or a new thing or what.....but I did not have an option on the lites.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #8  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrosiapixie View Post
Actually...in my particular center lites are NOT an option unless you are medically excused from them due to allergy. It is in my contract. I don't know if its a franchise thing or a new thing or what.....but I did not have an option on the lites.

Mmm, wow, where are you in texas? I thought LA Weight loss just got in lots of trouble for that. I'm in austin and I don't do lites
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #9  

I am up in Dallas...and its plain as day on the contract that I MUST purchase the lites unless advised otherwise by a physician
Old 05-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #10  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, here in KC we have to use the lites, too. I mean, they can't MAKE us purchase them, but they have to tell us that we have to use them. It's kind of a silent acknowledgement that maybe people aren't using the lites but no one says that out loud. For me, I bought them in bulk and love the twice-daily treat, but I know others don't use them and are doing well.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #11  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

The lighter Lites are also not as sweet. When I'm craving salt and not sweet, I almost always go with either the Key Lime or the Caramel Crunch. They both do the trick. Also the Strawberry-Kiwi drink mix is also not sweet at all. I personally have sliced up a cookie dough and tossed it with a 100 calorie pack of pretzles on tons of occassions. It's the perfect mix of salt and sweet.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #12  

Anybody have any experience with the soups?? When the center called to check on me today since its my first day on plan...they asked if I had any comments, so I mentioned that I'm not much on the sweets....so they suggested that when I come in to buy my lites I try the soups...
Old 05-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, I'm a salt hound too.

Welcome Pixie!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I don't eat lites (soy intolerance), so I am not really going to be of much help, except to tell you that if you you REALLY don't want to eat the lites, there are ways to get out of them. I do think they are helpful to some, but they are not for everyone. I didn't even know I was soy intolerant until I started eating lites.........and when I mentioned tummy trouble after a few weeks, my COD suggested that I try not using them....and I did get a Dr. note, but didn't end up needing it. Anywhoo, if you can make them work for you, by all means, do so......but if you really don't want to eat them, you can always say that they upset your stomach (gas, bloating, cramping). Oh, and welcome......this is a wonderful plan........and an even more wonderful group
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #15  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Thats right! Just march into your center and tell them that the bars gave you the worst gas you have ever had, and your family has told you that you must STOP THE INSANITY! LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist. Actually, I have IBS so I am not on bars either.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote