Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 AM   #1  
im on my way!

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'6

Default plus one

so i lost i think 7 pounds before joinning this place leaving me at 257 and i weighed myself on saturday and i went back up to 258. is that normal? i havent eaten anything "bad" ... and ive kept up with exercise . it really brings me down to have gained a pound back. i feel like i will never be healthy. (have been overweight my whole life). gir.
firegirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 AM   #2  
baby steps

Height: 5ft 4inches

I know what you mean
I also lost a few pounds on my own before joining sw so the start weight you see is the start weight i join with and not the weight I was the week before.
Did you weigh on the same scales?
imworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:51 AM   #3  
im on my way!

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'6

yes i weight myself on the same scales with the same clothes on. it doesnt make sense! i just dont know if thats normal to gain a pound back once in awhile ......
firegirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes, it's perfectly normal. Our bodies are always fluctuating. Somedays we have more water, some less. Remember the scale is weighing all of us, hair, muscle, tissue, fat and water. It's best to look at our weight on a weekly level. Though I do weigh myself everyday and I see daily fluctuations, sometime UP to 2 lbs worth. I have (finally) learned to not let this bother me. I only "count" and record my Monday weigh-ins.

Don't let it get to you. Try and drink a little more water and eat a little less salty foods. Though that is certainly no guarantee whatsoever that that will make those fluctuations go away - cause it won't.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey firegirl7,

It is normal for weight to fluctuate. There are many reasons, but whatever the reason, it is normal.

You say you haven't eaten anything "bad"--what kind of food plan are you following? Usually tracking food in some way is important. It's easy to eat too much, even with "good" foods.

Hang in there! 1 lb in 1 week could just be a normal variation.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #6  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hey there..

Yup.. totally normal. Also if you're doing exercise you're pumping muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Also remember that scales can be effected even if you haven't been to the loo for a couple of days, or you're retaining water even based on what time of the month it is. It's all totally normal, stick to it and you'll start seeing the changes. try to only weigh yourself once a week... the same day... time... and wear the same clothes or no clothes at all. Don't let yourself get discouraged, thats what the "eating giant" wants you to do... (my eating giant is always trying to bring my moral down)!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote