Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Lightbulb Realization......happy, happy girl!

As far back as I can remember, I've always loved curvy women. To this day, one of my idols is Marilyn Monroe. I just think women with the classic hour glass figure are beautiful. The Greeks and Romans had it right. So yesterday, my cousin Quita came over to press my hair. I've always envied my cousin Quita. She's a year older than me and just gorgeous. She's always been thinner, prettier, more popular , etc than me. But she's not a ***** thank god! Anyway we were talking as she did my hair and I found my gaze drawn to her fab body and it hit me right between the eyes: that's the body I will have! My cousin has that hourglass figure....so does my lil sister....so does my auntie....so did my mama....and so did my grandmother and her mother! They all have or had a big bust, tiny waist, and curvy hips! As I was sitting in awe of this realization, a memory from dance class in 9th grade came back to me: me, the fattest girl in class, in all my spandex glory being told by one of the best, skinny dancers 'You have such a cute, hourglass figure!' So yeah, when someone asks what body do I want after I hit goal, I don't have to say Marilyn Monroe or hourglass, I can say 'My Own!' Holy cow.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:39 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You know I had a similar revelation a few months back while looking at pictures of myself. I look a lot like my mom's sisters, more so than I even look like my mom. I've always envied her younger sisters who are thin but have a nice curvy body. I wonder if that is the body I will have but when I looked at myself and realized how much I look like them, I was amazed. Obviously each body is individual but it is interesting to wonder if the similarities will exist even further as I lose more weight.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

That's wonderful.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #4  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

That's great! I love Marilyn Monroe's curvy body, as well. I wish I could know what my shape is, my mom's side of the family are all overweight.
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

IMO, there is nobodys body who we should strive for then that of our own. Our own fit, trim and healthy weight body that is.

I'm real glad you've had that realization. Something to look forward to, no doubt. Good luck Shari in getting to your goals and enjoying your very own shapely - hourglass figure.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hotcha, baby--You go, girl!!!
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Awwww, that is GREAT!

And what amazing inspiration for you-------- You already HAVE your dream body!!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Congrats Shari!!! You know what your goal is going to look like!! Yahoo!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Oh my God was thinking the exact same thing. I have to admit my figure is banging. Everyone loves my shape, i got the whole big thighs, hips and booty like Beyonce goin on my waist is also very tiny and my bust is perfect. I just need to keep working out cos i love my figure!!
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote