Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default 10 pounds of beautiful

I was talking to a co-worker today (she also is trying to lose weight) about how I had gained around ten pounds after having done so well losing weight with my Lent challenge. I wasn't feeling terrible about it and the weight has already started coming off, but her reply made me laugh and I felt even better. Her response was, "Ten pounds of beautiful."

It's a great reminder; weight gain isn't the end of the world, especially if you still can feel good about the way you look. That's a great NSV for me (who would have thought I'd find a victory in spite of gaining weight?). Yeah, I can look a little chubby around 130, but I can stand in front of a mirror and still feel good.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

That is a great NSV!! Congrats!! If only we could all realize that weight does not define who we on...on the inside and outside. I try to not let it. I think I succeed most of the time. You've already done such an awesome job. Good luck!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:28 AM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

That's great advice! Sometimes I feel like I get so wrapped up in counting calories or fat grams and measuring the minutes I spend at the gym that I forget to actually enjoy my body and my life
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:40 PM   #4  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Awww!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote