Old 04-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #1  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Thumbs up Bikini Dreader's Boot Camp

Hi Everyone,

I have to make myself my own little accountability thread. Anyone is welcome to join or comment of course.

I'm setting this out in stone because I only have 4 weeks to get to my goal. I think I have to reset my ticker because I want to lose this weight in a healthy way but at this point, I'm just trying to lose as much as I can before my trip.

So here is my plan:
- Drink at least 9 glasses of water a day
- Do not purchase any treats at all (if I am hungry and someone offers me something, I can decide if it is worth it to me at that point, but no stocking up on treats)
- Eat only when hungry (what a concept)
- no eating 2 hours before bed (8pm for me - I get up early)
- Work out every morning (with one optional day off) Keeping same workout plan as before.
- Do mini workout (walk outside, trampoline, floor exercises, etc) 3 x per week in evening at a minimum

STAY HEALTHY FOR MY BIKINI!

REWARD: My trip for the summer!

I am going to report in every day to make sure I stay on plan. I hope to make everyone proud!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #2  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

good for you! I may have to do something similar- summer is closing in faster than I would like!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #3  
Bikini Dreader

Thanks for the encouragement!

Day 1 did not go so well. I had a bit of my treat leftover that I had forgotten about and my stepmom sent me an easter package with some chocolates in it. All gone. I tried to give some away but there was only one taker and I ate the rest. It was just a little but still doesnt help weight loss.

Last night I did some good stretches while watching tv to get my mind off the chocolate chip cookies sitting in the kitchen (roomates' but welcome to be eaten)

I have some very healthy lunch stuff today so I'm feeling good. I need to drink more water. I dont think I got to my amount yesterday. Pretty close though.

One little victory for me: I put on my work pants out of the dryer this morning and they were loose!!!!!!!!!!! They haven't been loose in months. It was exciting.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

Slightly frustrated with yesterday's behaviour. I had a few unnecessary snacks. This morning I got up extra early and did weights and my yoga class and then tonight I'm heading back to the gym after work to do a 30 minutes cardio workout at a minimum. Slowly getting on track.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

You're workout plan is inspiring lol! I've been sooo busy this week with finals that I haven't worked out once I know I'm not going to be happy with the scales... I plan to get back on track next week though. Just wanted to say great job with working out!!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #6  
Bikini Dreader

Thanks Casey! The support is really helpful. I hope you are able to find some time to work out. When I was in university I found that I would have to put it in my schedule as a break. Sometimes your brain just needs one and it's a stress reliever for me anyway.

Yesterday I did pretty well! I am moving in the right direction. I didnt have any extra snacks all day actually and then went out for dinner with my friend and actually got just the sushi rolls I wanted instead of getting a combo deal where you just eat all this extra food that you really didnt want anyway. I was really proud of myself. I eat less this way and I am satisfied because I get what I want. For a frugal person, this is a huge accomplishment! Then I came home and felt like having a treat after a while so I had 1 cookie. I really enjoyed it. There was a tiny thought in my head to keep eating but I pondered a bit more and realized I was happy with the one. I felt really good about it. For a binge eater, again that is a big accomplishment.

I just got back from my morning workout. I do a spin class on saturday morning but arrived 20 minutes early and worked out on the elyptical first. I'm beat! Now I'm waiting to go out to lunch with a friend. Seems I have a lot of meals out this week. But I am not snacking until then and I have a place in mind where I can get very healthy choices.

This is going to be a good day.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikini Dreader View Post
I came home and felt like having a treat after a while so I had 1 cookie. I really enjoyed it. There was a tiny thought in my head to keep eating but I pondered a bit more and realized I was happy with the one. I felt really good about it. For a binge eater, again that is a big accomplishment.
I'm really impressed! I'm not sure that I could have held it to one cookie. This past week, I went out to a business lunch, which can be difficult for me because I tend to eat more in social situations due to nerves, but when the dessert tray came around, I passed on it altogether. I found that my will power is stronger if I don't start!

In terms of getting on plan, I'm hitting the gym too. I've been running on the treadmill and doing weights all week. To get my motivation up, I bought a bikinni. This morning I'm off to cardio-kickboxing!

Wish me luck!
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:22 AM   #8  
Bikini Dreader

I definitely ate too much last night. Too many treats. I was bored and home by myself so I just kept going back to the kitchen. Before I knew it I had eaten a few too many cookies. Oh well. I'm just going to make up for it by being super healthy today. No treats at all. That should get me back to even maybe. I have such a sweet tooth!

I'm off to the gym again then hopefully to get some boxes from a grocery store because I need to busy myself with packing not eating!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #9  
Bikini Dreader

I had no treats yesterday at all!! I had a great day and was pretty active most of the day. I'm going to try that again today. My ticker had to go up a pound as I discovered in weigh in. Sad but I deserve it after all the garbage I have been eating. This week I will be down at least one pound.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #10  
Bikini Dreader

Doing well doing well. Another night without a binge/snacking after dinner. I even went to a yoga class to unwind rather than sit on the couch! I was really proud of myself. I seem to be on a roll so I'm going to continue it and lose this weight!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #11  

Hey!
It sounds like you had a couple rough days there. My plan had a recent set back as I didn't get to cardio-kickboxing this week, although I did my regular weights/cardio stuff at the gym.

The bikinni arrived in the mail and now I realize that I have some serious work to do in the next couple weeks!

Keep the momentum. I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

Kylie
Old 05-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #12  
Bikini Dreader

Thanks Kylie! I should put my bikini on to remind myself of the work I need to do. I just binged last night and have been snacking too much today. I threw out what I was bingeing on so hopefully I will be ok for a while. I'm not sure why I sabotage myself but I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. Otherwise I've been doing well.

I was looking at one piece bathingsuits at MEC today. There are some really nice ones but I really can't afford it so I'll just have to be comfortable in the old bikini. Yikes. I hope you love yours!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #13  

Default Bikini

Man, if you find out how to get beyond sabotaging yourself, please, please, please tell me the way you did it!

I'm liking my bikinni, but there was the point when I tried it on and thought, "This doesn't look like it did on the website!" I wish I could send that voice packing like yesterday!