View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #45
luvmyfam

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Hi!

This is a great idea. I'm a homeschooling SAHM, so obviously, my kids are a Huuuuge part of my life. Like someone else, I didn't start gaining weight badly until after having my first, so I can't totally avoid talking about them!!

I am Jenn, wife to R, mom to Paul (11), Maria (3) and one angel.

It's helpful reading the reports of other moms whose sons are going through a "thing." My son has been going through a "thing" the last couple months and I'm guessing it has to do with hormones, but it still makes it challenging. He has really grown in the last year, but sometimes I think doesn't realize how big a kid he's getting to be.

He is a perfectionist, but a frustrated, hidden one like me. You'd never guess it to look at his room (like looking at our unorganized home), but he is. He has always been harder on himself than anyone if he doesn't get things right or makes mistakes. He's also always been highly energetic, is very smart, but gets bored sometimes and acts out if he's bored.

Some of his behaviors have been amplified the last couple months and I'm guessing it's pre-puberty.

Then we have our Maria, who is cute, smart and a major HANDFUL!! She is the one who will find anything and everything to get into and we have to watch her like a hawk. She was upstairs in her brother's room today. When I went to check on her I saw that she had found a marker and had drawn ALL over the wall at the top of the steps with a good, solid blue. Lots of circles and scribbles. She said it was fruit and she was picking it and eating it *sigh*.

So it's nice to be here. I'm very new to 3FC, still finding my way around.

Take care!

"How can you say there are too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."-Mother Teresa of Calcutta

tv
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote