Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 04:15 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Post 300+ and Ready to Try Again.....#137

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 02-26-2002, 04:23 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone! Hope everyone is doing well! Still trying to get over this old cold of mine, but am definitely doing better. I haven't really had a chance to read over everyone's posts for the last couple of days, but I'm about to get ready to starting reading and reading and reading.......... I just came on the board and saw it was time to start a new thread, and since 2cute always says we're all too scared to start one, I thought I'd flounce my new found authority (I'm so much braver after only losing 15.5 pounds) and shock her and start a new thread! So...
thpppppptt 2cute! I love ya!
Have to go to WI tonight and I'm not really looking forward to it. I haven't been able to do my walking video as much as usual and I haven't drunk as much water as I should, because my throat has been so sore. After I finish reading what everyone has posted for the last couple of days, I will address you all individually. I do hope that you are all well, happy and safe as well as you familys. See you tonight!

Wish me luck at WI!
Old 02-26-2002, 05:04 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Ok, just let me say.........

Love the new smilies!

Old 02-26-2002, 06:54 PM   #4  

Whenever any of you type WI for weight in I think I think Wisconsin.....
Old 02-26-2002, 08:42 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Well, well, well...

I haven't been able to access this site ALL DAY!! Every time I tried, I was denied... I needed my fix...BAD! Dh says I'm spending an awful lot of time @ "FCDC!" He doesn't realize that this is my lifeline...I NEED YOU GUYS!

And now I can't stay, I have to get some sleep before work, I haven't slept all day! We just got back from church, my son made his first confession...they call it "Reconciliation" these days...I am REALLY starting to sound like one of those old farts who always say things like..."Back in MY day, things were different!" Oy...I will pat myself on the back for refraining from cookies and brownies at the post-Reconciliation refreshments...I selected some melon and strawberries instead...and walked around all smug cuz I didn't have cookie crumbs all over my chest!

So, once again, I only have time to say "Hello and Goodbye!" OOh! I did want to tell you about weigh in. (not Wisconsin!) I stayed the same, but didn't freak about it...I know I am doing extremely well and will kick that scale's A$$ next week!!

gotta go...love to all
Old 02-26-2002, 08:55 PM   #6  

Kat Good for you at Wisconsin, Oh, I mean weigh in. And I am proud of you at Reconciliation!!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 09:10 PM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Where the heck is everybody?! I have an announcement!

Hey guys! Well, here I am like I promised.....after WI. (not Wisconsin)--You crack me up Kat....as usual!

Well, anyways, I just got back from WI (Weigh In at Weight Watchers) and hold your hat ladies.........dadadadadadadadada
(D R U M R O L L) (D R U M R O L L) (D R U M R O L L)

I lost 7 more pounds!!!!!! Of course my leader was saying, "Now Tina, you know that you won't lose like this every week." and blah blah blah. And of course I know that. Gee, if I had known I would have such a super day at the scale, I'd try to get sick more often. Just kidding I hope everyone is having a super day and I promise, I will get back with all of you tomorrow, but I've got to run to the store before I have to leave to go to work. I just couldn't wait to get home and tell you.....all my friends.....the good news. I hope your happy for me. This means so much to me. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to all of you!
Old 02-27-2002, 02:02 AM   #8  

WW !!! Congratulations Tina, looking good. You're an inspiration, keep peeling that weight off.

Did amazingly well today. I've been drinking water when hungry. I desperately need sleep. I've been shorting myself these past weeks. Today, I wore a dress too tight as long as I can remember. It fit loosely. I also notices my boobs are smaller too. Yippee. This is the bonus part of weight loss.

Goodnight,
Malia
Old 02-27-2002, 07:53 AM   #9  

Well, sorry I complained yesterday...today it is 2 BELOW zero...

Malia Good for you - doesn't it feel great when your clothes feel "bigger". Sure beats when they feel too small!

Tina Well, what is there to say!!! WAY TO GO!!! Congratulations! Great job. Now can you get me going?

I have to do more :sheep: because I, once again, stayed the same. I have started to lose my resolve to do this. I only measured myself last Sunday so I didn't think there was much use to do it again today...so no incentive there either. Oh...I did get on a ring I haven't worn in a long time...hmmm think I will go get it and wear it today!

Tina, I had to "steal" your attachment since I see I am in the group helping you celebrate.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:20 AM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Arrow

Hello all
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was busy most of the day.
The cake I made for American Legion was setting here and I ate 2 pieces so I sent it to work with DH this morning. Better them than me.

1. Painted at Library
2. Helped Aunt

I have to go set with my grandmother for awhile today she isn't feeling well and my Aunt has to go out for a while.

I haven't weighed in for a week I'm scared to.
I'll be back later
Old 02-27-2002, 10:34 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I have about 2 minutes before I have to head out the door. I'm headed to the other side of town to meet a friend for lunch and do a 'tax job'.

It's been snowing here for the last 24 hours and it is one of the most beautiful snows. You know the kind, where it's wet and sticks to all the trees. Just gorgeous! I'm sure it is why God made winter! We had 61 degrees here on Monday and then the temps dropped and it started snowing yesterday. The streets were just wet and the driveways didn't need shoveling either because it had been so warm the day before. That's an added plus.

I'm feeling pewnie the last couple of days. A little broncitis, I think. My mom has been down with it for a week and a half. I've been doctoring with DayQuil and Echinecea and Vitamin C. Trying to avoid a trip to the doctor. It's all in my throat and chest, no runny nose or eyes (knock on wood) so I haven't been awfully miserable. Just to darn busy to take it easy. Gotta be running.

Well girls, I've really gotta run. I hope to be back later to chat with you all personally. But before I go

CONGRATULATIONS, TINA!!!!
WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!!!
YOU GO GIRL!!!

"We can build upon foundations anywhere if they are well and firmly laid." - Ivy Compton-Burnett
Old 02-27-2002, 12:42 PM   #12  

Afternoon everyone! I finally made it back here...
QueenBee....way to go..7 pounds you must be very proud of yourself!
Katrinabgood give yourself a pat on the back for choosing fruit and not cookies...
Prism dosn't it feel good when your clothes start to fit better...always makes my day. Good for you!
Luckyladybug staying the same is quite an accomplishment. Don't get discouraged.
Grannie I know your scared to get on that scale but remember tomorrow is another day...don't give up! It's taken me a long time to change my eating habits. The trick for me was to never quit trying.
Thinthinker hope you feel better soon.... *passing you some chicken noodle soup and kleenex* take care of yourself.
WeighIn Wednesday...I'm following the WW plan but don't belong to a group...but my scale said I lost another two pounds in the last two days....Down 22 all together!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-27-2002, 05:02 PM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Arrow

congrats to all of you that lost this week. You are doing great. Do any of you have any tips on adding he little pics at the end of posts mine are all too large. I would like to have a custom avatar too but can't seem to get the hand of it.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:25 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Question

Still trying
Old 02-27-2002, 05:26 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

I did it
Closed Thread