Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Arrow Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks 4/23/07 ~ 4/29/07

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:21 PM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Sorry if I'm posting this thread a lil early today but I need to get home and do some cooking.

I hope more people pop up this week. This is our last thread for April. Can you believe April is basically over already? These months are flying by! I decided to forget the calorie counting and get back to counting points.

My goals for this week:

Get in more water.
Stay soda free.
Stay within my points.

Peace out ladies!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Good morning!!

Despite my disappearing act last week I assure you I am still here. Last week was just SO BUSY for me!!

I got on the scale a day early and after having just eaten what I wanted this last few days, I thought I would be up around 163.. NO SO!!... I was still at 159.. well.. as long as I didn't gain, right?

Hope everyone is doing well..

My goals for the week..

Drink my daily water..
Walk every day..
Stay away from *sigh* desserts! (I had a lovely caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory yesterday..)

New question.. does anyone eat fage? You can buy it from Whole Foods and Trader Joes apparently.. I dont know where else.. I hear its supposed to be very healthy and high in protein.. (13g) & (its a greek yogurt). You mix it with things like honey, berries, splenda.. I guess there are a variety of ways to eat it. I just wanted to hear if anyone eats it as I am tempted to go buy some.

Back later ladies!! Big hugs all around!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

SD Gal, can't say I have ever heard of it. Good to have you back!

Jasonslea, thanks for starting the new thread and I to hope more people show up, we miss there input.

My Goals This Week:
Drink all my water daily.
Stay on my plan.
Get that exercise in, no matter what! Get moving!!!

Sharon S.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #5  

What the heck is going on???? Where is everybody??? I was the last one to post yesterday afternoon, and know one has been on since, I can't believe it. Oh well.

I did good yesterday, with exercise, even got 40 mins. in, drank more than my quota of water, did good eating till I had one of those 100 cal. choc. bars, then I had a bigger one in the fridge and ate some of that, ruined a perfectly good day.

Today so far, have only had yogart, water is low, but I did get in a 30 min. walk this morning, outside even. Will have to try and do better the rest of the day.

Sharon S.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk4 View Post
What the heck is going on???? Where is everybody??? I was the last one to post yesterday afternoon, and know one has been on since, I can't believe it. Oh well.

I did good yesterday, with exercise, even got 40 mins. in, drank more than my quota of water, did good eating till I had one of those 100 cal. choc. bars, then I had a bigger one in the fridge and ate some of that, ruined a perfectly good day.

Today so far, have only had yogart, water is low, but I did get in a 30 min. walk this morning, outside even. Will have to try and do better the rest of the day.

Sharon S.

You did well Sharon.. keep your chin up silly! Good job with the walking, that rocks!!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #7  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Hey everyone. Everything's same ol with me. Hoping I can get to water aerobics today *hoping* Registered for school Monday, classes start May 14th. Peace.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hello ladies. I have been gone, I know. The kids were out for two weeks and I spent alot of time with them . I am also trying to get more involved with reading the bible and praying. I have been maintaining and not losing and it is time to give that a kick in the butt!

Fage, I have never tried it but have heard it is good. What I LOVE right now is Brown Cow yogurt. It is cream top(they do pasteurize but do NOT homogenize!) Is fage similiar?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #9  

Default May I join/Fage yogurt

Hello everyone

I have been posting occasionally in various forums, and I stumbled on this thread. I like that each person is doing whatever works for them here and would like to participate. I am trying to maintain healthy eating habits, and would like to lose a small amount of weight in the process, although my main goal is to get my "disordered" eating under control.

I eat Fage yogurt regularly. There are several varieties sold in my health food store, the difference being the fat content. I eat the nonfat (0%) variety and love it. It has a really thick, creamy consistency. I try to sell it to my husband (who eats most unhealthy) like a cross between sour cream and whipped cream, but he just rolls his eyes at me while he dishes up the ice cream lol. I HIGHLY recommend it

My goals for the rest of the week are
exercise every day
drink at least four glasses of water in addition to other liquids
avoid the excess sugar and bad fats
Old 04-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #10  

Welcome VeggieGirl1 thank-you for answering SD Gal's question on Fage, that is great, I didn't even know what it was. I too have a husband who is a very unhealthy eater and he should not be as he is diabetic and has a serious heart condition. But I cannot get him to eat well and he still gets good reports from the doc's, even with toated jam sandwiches every day for lunch.

Thanks for the support SD Gal, how are you doing?

JasonsLea, what are you taking in school?

Jasmine, good to hear you are still around, it can be busy with five kids home from school for two weeks. Brown Cow Yogart, another new thing I have not seen here yet. So you heard of Fage too aye.

It has been a busy day for me, first helping Dad, then I had my first physio appt. she just got the particulars, I start the exercises tomorrow, I will be going 3 times a week for the first while. Then I did some grocery shopping, put that away and had some supper, then put out the garbage (Yuk!), dh is putting a new floor in at the cottage and has been there since Monday night, he is coming home tomorrow as he has a hockey meeting, then going back again to try and get it finished. We have no heat yet, the propane has not come and will not be there till May 7th or so. He does have 2 small heaters. Glad it is not me.

Food was good today, lots of veggies, a little low on the water, but did 2 miles for exercise.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 AM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Morning everyone!

Welcome Veggie!

Sharon, I'm taking administrative office management.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #12  

Good Morning everyone and thanks for the welcomes.

Exercised today - stationary bike and weights

Half of the water down and a healthy breakfast so far...egg whites with spinach and tomato, high fiber rye toast and small pear...

Have a good day all
Old 04-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #13  

JasonsLea, that sounds like a great course to take as it can be used anywhere.

VeggieGirl1, Sounds like you are really off to a great start, keep it up.
Sharon S.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 AM   #14  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Veggie ~ I made some eggs with spinach the other day...fabulous! I love adding spinach to basically anything.

Sharon ~ That's part of the reason I chose that major. I want to be a secretary and I figure if the hospital sees that I'm taking courses gearing towards that, I can get into a clerical position.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 AM   #15  

Good morning everyone

Sharon - thanks for the encouragement!

JasonsLea - I like spinach too, although noone else in my family will eat it, so I buy the frozen, chopped variety, and keep some thawed in the refrigerator to throw in to various meals.

Today started well again...I exercised, treadmill this time, and a good breakfast...

Keep going all!
Closed Thread