Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:33 PM   #1  
bridge t

S/C/G: 172/172/130

Height: 5'2

Default Help, its so confusing.

I have just joined and I am so confused about which diet to try. I have done several diets before, Weight Watchers, diet pills, low-carb, atkins, south beach. I just don't know where to start. There is so much diet information available that I don't know which way to turn. I would like to lose at least 40 pounds.
bridge t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hello,

There are many diets and programs out there but really you have to find out what works for you. Do you like keeping track of your food/calories? Then something like Weight Watchers or simple calorie counting may be for you. Do you want a lower carb diet but want to emphasize the healthier carbs and fats? Then South Beach Diet may be for you. If you want to strictly watch carbs, then Atkins may be for you.

I would recommend by just starting out simply. Start reducing your portion sizes and eating healthier foods. Increase vegetables, reduce added fats and sugars, eat out less often, etc. Start exercising if you aren't already.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I would totally agree with Nelie. I would start by making small changes in what you're doing now, reduce portions, focus on emphasizing healthy foods, and start to think about moving more, whether that be parking further away, taking the stairs, starting walking...just start small and build it up. As you go, you will learn more and more about what works for you. Good luck and keep posting!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

you need to find something that you can stick to. Remember this isn't a DIET its a lifestyle change. That's the first key..if you can't stick to it..you will gain the weight back. But you do need to find what works. IF you have to have some carbs, then maybe calorie counting will work best. Don't expect overnight success and just take it daily. You can do it...good luck
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #5  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

u do have to find what works best for you. For me.. its good old fashioned calorie counting. Ive found its about the only thing that gives me absolute for sure control.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #6  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Try changing one thing at a time. Give yourself at least a week with each change. For the first week, it might be weaning yourself from regular sodas to diet, or off of sodas entirely. The next week, getting at least a half an hour's walk every day. After that, adding a serving of veggie to every meal (or if that's too ambitious, an additional serving of veggie somewhere during the day every day). That sort of thing.

Good luck!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

What ever diet or eating plan that works for you is the one to do. Make sure you choose something that you can live with for a lifetime, otherwise the weight will all come back on. Keep in mind that this should be a lifestyle change for your health and your life.... that is why many end up "doing their own thing" in the long term........ because you need to know that what you are doing is good for you and will work for you.
I wish you all the best!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:28 PM   #8  
bridge t

S/C/G: 172/172/130

Height: 5'2

I tried to do low carb today and I did really good until dinner. When I fix dinner for my family it is hard not to include carbs. But I have started drinking more water and I am only having one diet soda a day. I have read that diet-pop can cause weight gain. I don't know if it's true, but it's worth a try to see. Thanks.
Bridgette
bridge t is offline   Reply With Quote