Old 04-23-2007, 04:57 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Introduction and Sweet Tooth, ADVICE?

Hi, I'm Natalie and I started on Atkins 8 days ago. I've lost about 7 pounds thus far and I'd like to know if that is typical progress?

I have short term and long term goals for my diet. My short-term goal is to drop 2 dress sizes by May 8 (which is only 2 weeks away!). I'm not sure if that is very realistic or not, but it gives me motovation. Any suggestions for speeding up weight loss? I would simply like to lose as much as possible int these two weeks! I also have a long-term goal for my wedding, but that's over a year away... I have plenty of time for that!

Anyway, I've had little trouble adjusting to the diet, only recently I've been getting major cravings for sweets. I don't completely trust artificial sweeteners, so I've eaten half an apple each day for a couple of days. I was surprised to find out just how many carbs an apple contains. I feel like I might as well have eaten a cup of ice cream! This is probably not going to help my 2-week weight loss plan, huh?

I appreciate any input! Thanks!
Natalie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

Natalie!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!

Congratulations on your 7 lb weight loss!! Losing 7 lbs in 8 days is great!!

I am assuming you are on Atkins Induction? Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? The reason I'm asking is because you mentioned you are eating half an apple everyday for the past couple days. If you are on Atkins Induction, apples are not permitted. You might want to have a look at the following links:

http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...e-1-induction/
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...eptable-foods/
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...-of-induction/

I hope this helps.

All the best to you!!

Kim

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #3  

Thank you so much, Kim! I am on Atkins Induction...sort of. I didn't think that I would have time to read the book so I've been relying strictly on information that I could find online, which often led to confustion about what is or is not permitted. Wow, after reading from those links, I must have eaten every single item that is prohibited! Yikes. Hopefully ridding those foods from my diet will speed things up a bit. Maybe I'll just remain in induction for the next couple of weeks...since I wasn't quite in it to begin with!

Your response was very helpful! Just reading through this message board has helped me so much. I'm so glad I found it!

Thanks again!

Natalie
Natalie03 is offline   Reply With Quote