Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Good all day then lose it at night

I don't know what to do about myself. I can be good all day. Count my points. And than when I get home its just to hard to cook so we get fast food again and I can't be good. I haven't lost any weight in like a week and a half. Its not easy when you're the only one in the house on a diet. My husband isn't huge but he could afford to lose some weight also but he always says that the healthy meals aren't enough. I guess I have to go back to Lean Cuisines or the like for dinner. We really have to go grocery shopping again for healthy stuff but at the end of the day after working all day its hard to be good. Any suggestions? Maybe I need someone to be accountable to.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Cook a big batch of stuff on the weekends. Big pot of soup, big pot of pasta sauce, big pan of roasted veggies. Having healthy food waiting at home that can be ready in 15 minutes is a big help to me.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #3  
45 lbs down!

S/C/G: 278/232/199

Height: 5'6

I truly wish I knew the answer on this one because I do the same thing. I can be good as gold all day, even stay on count with calories through dinner. But after dinner I've been going through this phase where I need to have a bite of everything I see. I can easily rack up 2-300 calories just from nibbling here and there. Maybe it's because I'm stuck at a plateau for over 2 weeks now and starting to feel hopeless, who knows. If you need an accountability partner feel free to PM me, lord knows I can use one because this HAS to stop! Best of luck!
TammyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Yeah, this is a tough one for you. Planning ahead can help--in other words, know what you're going to have for dinner so you don't just go for fast food automatically. And have some good choices on hand for yourself. You don't have to eat what your husband is eating, or as much.

After-dinner snacking is also sometimes a hurdle to get over. I have trouble with that, too. I try to leave myself some calories so if I do decide to eat a snack, I don't go over.

Good luck! Keep trying!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #5  

I used to do that too, but not so much any more. I always have a snack at night after supper, but it's either an apple or better yet, 15 almonds & some flavored water. I can take a long time to eat the almonds. I look forward to 8:30 so I can have them.
I have a similar problem tho. I was doing very good till we went out to eat with friends Friday night & they had very little healthy foods on the buffet. All their meats were fried! So we all ended up eating way too much of bad foods. My problem is that once I get off track I have a terrible time getting back on track. This is Sunday & I'm still eating all wrong. I plan on getting back on track tomorrow!!! I could use a swift kick - any offers??? Openheart
openheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:37 PM   #6  

hi kgood,

Lean Cuisine has saved me many a night!!!! Geeze, today as a matter of fact, my kiddos were ravenous when i picked them up from skating and begged for Taco Bell. I did get them it but was able to resist adding my order since i knew i had a yummy lean cuisine I actually very much enjoy in the freezer!
I often think about how many more choices we have as dieters in the year 2007. We are actually quite lucky!!!!! I can still bake for my kids and just know while they are loving my scrumpdilly brownies that I have a yummy skinny cow ice cream cookie waiting for me!!!!
i think the trick is in the grocery shopping. Sure, your bill will be more, but consider it an investment!!!!!
much luck to you!!!!!
ibbasquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheart View Post
This is Sunday & I'm still eating all wrong. I plan on getting back on track tomorrow!!! I could use a swift kick - any offers??? Openheart
I used to do that a lot too. Now, I just don't let myself do that anymore. An offplan meal does not mean an offplan day or weekend. I get right back on track the next meal. It helps that all my meals are planned so it's easy/convenient to get back on track. I don't beat myself up for eating offplan (or something planned and decadent) but I don't allow it to throw me off track long term.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

There you go, one for each of you, and the frypan is for me. I am the same, can be good all day and then screw it all up at nite. I have stayed the same weight for about the last 6 weeks. Not really going up or down.But, I have noticed that I am toning up a bit. so I will be happy with that (for now.)Planning ahead does help, when I do cook for myself I do a double recipe so I can put one in the freezer for another day when I just am too dam lazy to bother.I find by doing that I get to eat more than they put in the frozen ones in the shop and they cost under half the price. I also shop only once a week, and as my kids at home are 17yrs - 31yrs they can buy their own ice cream ,cake etc. And my hubby eats weight wahtchers food because he doesn't know the differance
It is nice to know I am not alone. Thanks people
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Default Today's a new day

Well today is a new day and I can start over again. Last night we had McDonalds and I was not good. I at least walk a mile and a half last night after really fast with my son in his stroller which doesn't necessarily burn all those calories but at least it helps. And I didn't snack last night. And as a bonus I weigh a pound less this week than last week.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Kgood, have you watched Supersize Me? I know it didn't affect everyone, but it put me right off fast food. (If Morgan Spurlock would just do a similar film about ice cream and cookies, I'd be laughing!)

One thing I like to do to ensure better eating on those busy nights is to make a double batch of something good the night before - then we just have to reheat leftovers on the busy night. Also, if you can do some of the prep the night before, that can help - eg. chop the veggies, put the meat in marinade, etc.

As for nibbling, if I'm hungry while fixing supper, I try to just get out a bowl of raw veggies to nibble on - no damage there.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #11  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

As others have mentioned leftovers are a great idea! Have you tried the lean cuisine meals in the bags for multiple servings? My favorite is the 3 cheese chicken, you throw them in the frying pan, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes (this is no-effort cooking at it's best!). My boyfriend who is not on a diet and HATES "diet" foods loves these!

I'm trying to think of dinner totally differently, maybe this would help you too. I'm trying to keep all of my "meals" at the same size, eating 200-400 calories per meal and eating every 3-4 hours. Depending on what I'm eating this could be something like a big salad, or a small snack of celery with peanut butter. But my point it I'm not eating a traditional dinner, it's not a big meal, it's just a little something to fill me up for a while and sometimes I'll have a snack before going to bed too. It's easy for me because I don't have to cook for anyone, my SO doesn't get home until 8:30 or 9:00 at night so don't have to cook any meals for him. It's tough though if you're supplying the meals for someone else like your boyfriend/husband/kids and they expect a big dinner meal.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #12  

Please don't think of foods in terms of "good" and "bad". Food is all good. Our choices are not. You could always supplement your husband's food with larger portions. My husband is on renal dialysis - there is NO prepared food, prepackaged, or frozen entrees that he can have. I cook everything from scratch because I want to keep him around as long as I can. If you want to do this, you do what is necessary to achieve your goal.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/176/130

One thing I do when the family wants to go to McDonalds is I order a happy meal hamburger and I order apples slices with caramel instead of the french fries. I used to not order anything there but then I would pick at everyone elses meal and this way I have a meal so that I don't leave saying boy I am hungry I didn't order anything there, when infact I have eaten all the leftovers. For ww points it is only 7 points....5 for the hamburger 1 for the apple slices and 1 for the caramel. At first I was embarrassed ordering a happy meal but then realized I had to make it work for me too. I also plan my meals everyday so that we don't actually eat out very often. Good luck
BecomingFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:36 AM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Keep up that walking and you will leave 250 behind forever!! Good for you!

Lots of good suggestions... Remember, only you can make the changes you need to make. Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #15  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I cook things on the weekend and then they are available and in the fridge for the rest of the week. Slow cookers are great! As are turkey breasts, roasting chickens, etc. All you need to do at night is nuke some veggies and a potato or cook another starch and you are set, and that doesn't take much time or work. Good luck!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote