Old 04-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Smile new here!!!

hello all!

I am new to the site---I have posted to the thirty-somethings site for the past couple days---I just discovered this forum! I am soooo glad because I re-start LAWL on 5/9/07!!! I lost 35 lbs. in 3-4 mos on the red plan last year. But...then I got pregnant with my first baby...she was born in February and LAWL has you wait another 3 mos after delivery before restarting plan (as I am breastfeeding and I guess there is a threat to the milk supply if you cut calories too soon)...sooo 5/9/07 will be the re-start date! My daughter is absolutely beautiful (as you can see --- I just love showing her off!). BUT...I gained sooo much weight with the pregnancy!!! I gained 0 lbs in the 1st trimester due to morning-afternoon-night sickness, then about 35 lbs in the second, and another 40 lbs in the third (I had polyhydramnios-too much amniotic fluid) and gained tons of fluid!!! I lost 40 lbs. my 1st month post-partum, and now I am about 5 lbss over what I was before I lost the 35 lbs!!! So, I need to lose 40 lbs. just to get to where I was pre-pregnancy ( and then I still want to lose another 35!!!). It is so hard to know that I was half way there before I got pregnant! Don't get me wrong---she was worth every single pound I gained---but I felt so good before I regained all this weight...and now I feel sooooo FAT and out of shape---and the stretchmarks aren't doing much for the self-esteem, either!!!
Anyhow, sorry for having a 'pity party'---just feeling bad and needing to vent. I have lost it before and I will lose it again! I am glad that I found this forum---I am looking forward to learning about any tips/ideas/advice you all have for following LAWL!!!Thanks for listening---hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
emmasmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Hi emmasmama,

I'm not on LAWL, but I wanted to say welcome I hope venting made you feel better!

Congratulations on your daughter, she's absolutely beautiful! (Like you didn't know that ) Best of luck in your weight loss efforts.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:11 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Emmasmamma- Glad you found us. That baby girl is just too adorable.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #4  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Welcome to the board! You have found the BEST weight loss forum out there.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter...she is beautiful!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #5  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Emmasmamma! What's your actual name?
I have about 40lbs to lose yet after having my son last May.

Join in on the "Losers & Friends" thread.. you'll find some great support there.
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #6  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Emmasmomma! And congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. As you can see in my picture, my baby is much older (just turned 3)...but it all happened before I could even blink my eyes Anyway...thought I would say hi (from emmysmom)
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome! And Emma is adorable.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #8  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

welcome .. you're daughter is beautiful!!
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #9  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

So cute! And I think most of us can sympathize with the baby-weight-gain. Now that my kids are 10 and 13, I can't really blame my weight on them anymore, though, hah! (It's all just post-pregnancy weight, I SWEAR!!!)

Welcome!!!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Welcome Emmasmomma! I'm from upstate NY too - Albany, actually. It's finally getting nice out - so you and Emma can go for walks!

Emma is a cutie. Lots of hair!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome to the party...

My family is from upper state NY too.. Saranac Lake, to be exact...

Cute picture of the bambina!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:13 PM   #12  

Default Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thank you all for the very warm welcome!!! And the compliments on the baby!!! I am looking forward to getting to know you guys---you seem like a fun bunch! I am from the finger lakes region of upstate NY (wine country)---I have been through Saranac lake area-it is beautiful there too! I have a cousin in the Albany area but have not been there since a trip to the state capital bldg in college. I am a nurse practitioner, now I am teaching nursing for a small local college. I am facilitating an online course on genetics in nursing currently---it is nice that I am doing this now as I do not have to do all the usual traveling to teach at various regional hospitals with the 2 1/2 month old! I did have to go to the college today for a faculty meeting and my mom watched the baby---I am lucky that she is so close! It is a real eye-opener---as a new mom I had NO IDEA how much being a parent really entails! I can see already that it really makes time tight---which makes eating healthy really tough! Sorry to go on and on---just wanted to say that it's so nice to meet ya!!!Beth
emmasmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

I'm a little late...but welcome You are going to love it here
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Welcome Beth, and congrats on your beautiful baby!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote