Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 AM   #1  

Default Hoping be less lethargic!

Hello, I wanted to see how you all are feeling as you are shaping up. I have about 100 pounds to lose and have battled quite a bit of yo-yoing, but ready to go again. I get so frustrated with how exhausted, lethargic, tired, unmotivated I am majority of the time. I do have hypothyriod, but it is monitored, take medicine and under control. There does not appear to be a medical reason. I honestly think it is because of the extra weight. What I want to be is peppy, play like a kid with my kids, play tennis again, learn to play ice hockey, snowboard, water ski, ride dirtbikes, jump off diving boards, .... I am very athletic in my actual body, but this way overweight pound body is not capable of doing these things. I want to play hard all day, as well as be a good mother and wife, and I want to work hard at my job and always challenge myself academically and I want to be able to sleep like a baby at night after going strong all day. I get so annoyed because I am tired/sleepy way to much, energyless, and just don't have that get up and go I once did. As you lose weight, are you all seeing some changes. I lost 30 pounds 2 monts ago and was feeling GREAT. Reverted back to some not good habits and gained 10 back this month. I am ready to lose this weight because I think at least if I get most of it off I can begin to live like I really want to. Again, just wondering if you all see changes like this as your losing and what you feel like when you have lost a great bit? Thanks!
lovemylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Wow!
Reading this was like hearing myself talk. I am back trying to lose weight again.Last year I lost 50 pds and then a year later I have gained it back. I am tired all the time. I thought it was because I get up early but we just had spring break and I was tired the whole time.I just started back walking tonight.I know I will sleep like a baby tonight. There are so many things that feel so good about losing weight. So, why do we stray back to old habits? I have at least 90 pds to lose. I think we can offer each other allot of support.
Woudn't it be so nice to have the weight off by next year.
Vicki
Vicki in Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:21 AM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Lovemylabs and Vicki in Okinawa!

Good luck with your weight loss and getting back ENERGY, too!

I gained weight gradually and gradually found that I was more and more tired. I never made the connection that my added weight was causing my tiredness! I could tell a big difference after I had lost my first 15 pounds. I slept better, too. To motivate myself to KEEP LOSING I started carrying around my dumbbells for awhile each time I wanted to go off my eating plan. Just being able to PUT THEM DOWN really motivated me to drop even MORE weight from my frame.

After losing 25 pounds my legs didn't hurt as much. I had even more energy.

At my current weight, even though I am still not at goal and still not THIN, I have noticed a TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE in my energy level compared to when I weighed even 250. I haven't napped on the couch in the evening for a very long time!

Exercise actually gives you more energy! That doesn't even sound possible, but it's true! Apparently when you exercise you are building muscle, developing your heart's ability to process the blood and your lung's ability to process oxygen, and becoming a more fit machine. You just don't get as tired! I never would have believed that with diet and exercise I could have more energy at 55 than I had at 30! It's true!
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:30 AM   #4  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I really haven't lost a lot yet, but I will say that when we started the wholefoods way of eating we could tell a difference in how we felt just by simply cutting out sugar, white flour and pasta, etc. I think it is the quality of food that we eat just as much as it is being at the right weight for us. Just what I have observed in my own journey.

Good luck to you! Hope you feel good soon!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh yeah. My energy level has soared. Simply soared. Many, many days I would be practically useless past 3:00 in the afternoon. I would often even fall asleep on the couch. It was awful. Now, my kids call me the energizer bunny. I just keep on going and going and going. I never sit still anymore. My husband is also amazed by this. He even mentioned it to me the other night as I was bopping around the house just straightening things up. He said to me, "Do you EVER sit still?". I answered, "Nope, that's the plan." It is much easier lugging around this body now that there's 120 lbs less of it. Also like Ritzy said elminating most sugars and most carbs was a huge help as well.

Good luck, you'll get there.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #6  
Losin' it forever!

Though I am still in the early stages of this game, I have been back at Curves for going on nine weeks now and my energy level has tripled! Like Robin, there was nothing I loved more than a nap in the afternoon, but now, especially after working out, I get all sorts of things done! I firmly believe that the more you move, the more you are able to move!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #7  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

My energy level has definitely improved. I used to be tired ALL of the time. Now I have this spring in my step. And I'm only 20 lbs in, so I can imagine how I'll feel as I continue to lose. And I agree, it's not only the weight loss but the exercise and eating that has helped my energy.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Eating better and exercising more does give me a lot more energy. Also making sure I get plenty of sleep as well
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #9  

lovemylabs,

I could have written your post! I am frustrated by my lack of energy, too. I am also hypothyroid-even with meds under control, you can still be tired.
I"m hoping to have more energy as I lose.

The amount of weight I have to lose is more pounds than my seven year old son weighs-it's like I'm carrying him plus more around all day-no wonder I'm tired!

Good luck!
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:25 AM   #10  

Hey all who responded. I have had a crazy week. I have been complaining for years to Docs about how I have been feeling and each Doc said lose weight. Well, I saw this knew Doc and he said let me run some blood work and I think you may have PCOS. Well sure enough I go online before my next appt this week and look up PCOS. It was me to a tee. I went back to the Doc this week and I do have PCOS. Over the years Docs have said you have a high sugar level. One Doc last year said you have diabetes. Then another said no you don't. Well, yes I do from having PCOS. I had allot of the syptoms. Well he started me on metformin and I feel so much better. I am tired while the meds adjust but I have no cravings and no need to stuff food in at all times to keep from having headaches or feeling run down like my sugar was low. My sugar goes up then drops. My food intake has decreased and I am trying to walk everyday. I see that allot of you have lost allot of weigh. Bravo!
I sure could use some support.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Vicki,

I am so very glad you found some answers. We are here for you..to give you all of the support you need. I look forward to getting to know you better.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #12  

Vicki,

It must have been so frustrating to not have doctors listening to you! I know the feeling.

Please stay at this check in too, but there is a PCOS check in under the "dieting with obstacles" thread. I'm sure you'll find plenty of info there, too.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #13  

Wow!
I am feeling so good lately. Now I have to get the exercise going all the time.
So, where is everybody from and what type of weightloss program are ya'll doing? I am currently living in Okinawa Japan because we are military. I have 10 mths left and I miss my family so bad. I am originally from south georgia but I have no idea where we will get stationed next.
Vicki