Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Weight Loss and Chitchat #248!!!!

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles , and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #2  

Hello everyone!

Well, I am back from my 38 week appointment, and things are going greatly! My blood pressure is perfect, which is great. I am holding steady in the weight department. I still turned the dipstick purple, so they were wondering about another bladder infection. When they sent out my “sample” the last time, it came back that I was spilling nitrates in my “sample.”

The doctor came in and measured my belly. She was a resident from the hospital helping out, so she just measured my belly since her specialty was internal medicine. She measured it and told me that I am measuring in at 42cm. The doctor over seeing her came in and wanted to measure me again because she wasn’t sure if she had measured it right. Sure enough, she measured my belly and got the same answer. I then said “well, I have been measuring big, so her measurement of the first 42cm would be right.” Then the doctor over seeing the resident did my internal. I am still sitting at 2cm and my cervix is still up high. BUT, there is a light at the end of this tunnel!

She then looked at me and said “how do you feel about an induction?” I looked at her and said “when do we start?” they laughed and asked me when I would be 39 weeks. And since I am going to be 39 weeks on Monday, I am set up for my induction on Monday night at 7pm. I will go in and register, they will put the pill in to ripen the cervix and then pitocin and water breaking Tuesday morning! I feel bad because it is Brandon’s birthday and I don’t want to do it to him, but I am also done with being pregnant. I want to have Marissa here so I can hold her, and also to get my tubes tied and be onto the next chapter!

I called Tommy to tell him to let his boss know that he will only be working on Monday and Friday of next week. He kind of laughed and said “huh? What do you mean?” So, I explained to him what was going on and he was all excited. He then told me that he has a three day weekend, which I then said “yeah if I go into labor tonight.” and his response was “no, I have a three day weekend. I am off tomorrow and this weekend.” His work is switching the machines tomorrow, so that is why he has tomorrow off, and then Saturday he was suppose to work, but they gave him that day off as well. So, that will give us plenty of time to get all of Marissa stuff put in her cart and get our bedroom uncluttered.

We are still going ahead with Brandon’s birthday party on Sunday. We figure why put it off for another week just because I am getting induced on Monday. I feel bad for having to leave early on his birthday but I am sooooo ready to start the next chapter and be done with being pregnant.

Jen~ Thanks for the nice comments on the boys. That was when they were preoccupied with something else so they were being good boys! Good luck with the eating out less! That was my main thing when I was trying to lose weight after I had Logan.

Jules, Vann & Tammy~ I meant to mention this when every one else was, but can I get your addresses as well. I meant to ask when all the other ladies were asking, but I got distracted and forgot to mention it before.

Jane~ Thanks again for the gifts for the boys, and Marissa.

Jules, Vann, Tammy, Cristina, Jodi~ Thank you so much for my baby shower! It was a nice surprise and I love every thing! I got to open them before Tommy got home so he hasn’t seen any of them yet. I did leave him a message on his phone about our baby shower, and he (as well as myself) are absolutely blown away by all of your generosity and kindness.

Pink Jane~ The weather was surprisingly nice here today. I was able to go without my jacket when we went to my doctor’s appointment. I agree with you, I want to go to Toad Lick. I swear there are some strange town names out there.

Jodi~ Sounds like things are going well at your new job!

Cristina~ Are we ever ready for having kids?? In response to the question, I would have to say that it is a big heck yeah! I am so ready to be done with being pregnant, and I want to see her and finally see who she resembles more. (and so she can pester daddy and her brothers as much as she has been pestering me at 3am every day! LOL) That is awesome about the new camera! Our bank has the rewards program for every thing that you spend, I guess. I am not too sure how it actually works, but they have some great stuff in their rewards catalog!

Jules~ I am hoping for a quick delivery as well! If I have her in the morning or early afternoon, then they will do my tubal ligation an hour after I have her, IF I have an epidural. Not exactly sure if it is the same if I don’t have time to get an epidural. BUT I am hoping that with getting induced I can get one done. I am sure I am strong enough to go without one again, but I just liked that I was much more relaxed when I had Brandon because of the epidural.

Sassy~ How are you doing on this fine almost weekend?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Mindee- I wish I had been there to see your face when that box arrived- lol. Did the boys like thier books? And once you can see your feet again- lol- I hope that you will find your gift relaxing. Maybe Tommy will give you a pedicure??? ok, so you can hope!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

YW Mindee!!

Update on niece's appt today (her due date) she was given two choices for induction next Thursday and the following Monday (4/30). She picked the Monday date and hopes she won't last that long . The name has changed from Jackson to either Blair or Blake. Who knew Blake would be such a popular name?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #5  

Jodi~ I wish there had been a camera on me when I saw it. I know I should of had a camera on Tommy when he saw the box, and the things that were in it. The boys loved their books! They have been carrying them around with them since daddy showed them to them. Tommy started laughing when I mentioned your comment about him giving me a pedicure. His response was "does she know me?" Thanks again!

Jules~ I will have to post a pic of Marissa in the outfit. That is really cute. Thanks again!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Everybody.

Nothing fun going on here, just work. lol.

FIL is doing fine still and so is MIL. Sorry I don't have a lot going on right now. lol

Jules -- I hope everything is going great with you & DH

Mindee -- hope all goes well and you have a happy & healthy baby girl next week!

I hope you all are doing well and have a Great Weekend!

Old 04-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mindee - thanks for starting the new thread. The box I sent was supposed to arrive the same day as the others! It was too big to fit in with the one Jodi sent, so that's why I sent it directly to you. You can thank Jodi for planning the shower. Wasn't that sweet of her? Please post photos of all the presents when you get a chance, ok? I know you're going to be plenty busy between now and Monday, though, lol.

Pink Jane - on the last thread you mentioned taking pics of funny signs - well, my Katie took one of the Effingham sign when she was in high school. That's where we catch the train to Chicago, and she knew her friends would think it was funny. Teens!

Jodi - Cristina gave you very good advice about the job, so ditto what she said.

Cristina - I knew the red you mentioned wasn't red red. And I think it's going to be so cool! Well, I didn't get any soldier bears. The clerk at the Hallmark House didn't know what I was talking about, and I looked over every stuffed animal in the place, which wasn't many, and there wasn't anything like that or even remotely related to the armed services in any way. I'll check back in a few days after they get more shipments in, just to be sure. Btw, it was really nice of your bank to give you a gift like that.

Jules - YW, sweetie. That's what we're here for. And thank you for sharing.

Yowza, I'm wiped out! I didn't get enough sleep last night, and I'm going to turn in soon. But I had lots of fun with Madison today. She's a power shopper, lol. Then she helped me make turkey chili, and didn't go home until Mary came after her about 8PM.

Sleep tight, ladies.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 AM   #8  

Sassy~ Thanks for the good luck!! I am hoping for a nice and quick delivery with her. And I am anxious to see what the scale says as far as how much she is weighing!

Jane~ No problem. I figured I would start one rather then over flowing the old thread. I sure will post pics of every thing! I can't wait for her to wear them all!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

Mindee--I have to say it was so fun to finally get to buy for a little girl, but it was so hard to decide because there is so much cute stuff!!

Jane--I felt I needed to make it clear that DH is not physically abusive so nobody would worry about that. Though the words and attitude can hurt really bad too. I am not that same insecure person I was that can't make a simple decision without his input and he sometimes has a hard time dealing with it. If it is just for the short term I can wait it out, I don't want to throw away 21 years together but I am not going to live in the controlled enviroment I did when we were first together so if that is here to stay I won't be.

Sassy--It's WW day and I missed last Friday due to a migrane so I am a little scared. I haven't been as good as I should have been. One of the coworkers left for Hawaii on Wednesday and we had a bon voyage party complete with leis and balloons and Hawaiian Punch and pina colada cheesecake and leftover cheescake the next two days!! Oh we bought her a grass skirt and a shell bikini top and sang to her and bought her a bag of goodies with a tropical theme!! She was so excited. She is going to retire this summer and we all are wondering how to top this day on that one.

well I gotta get a shower and get going!!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Just peaking in real quick! Gotta change my short goal tracker today! I just barely got into the 170's!!! Yeah! It's a good 25.5 pound loss so far. I think i've broken that plateau I think I had hit.
Mindee- I wanted to send something and it was too late when I had a chance! I'm sorry! I really wanted to.
Well, I don't have a lot of time. I just really wanted to make my presence known. Sometimes I feel like I could just disapear from here...lol...but I need to come here to keep myself motivated and 'honest'. haha! I kinda had hit a wall but I think I found a door! :P So let's keep things moving!

T
Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #11  

Jules~ I know what you mean! It took us forever to decide on an outfit to bring her home in!

T~ It's okay. Great job on your weight loss!! Good luck with your next goal! You are doing a wonderful job!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies

The weather man got it right, it did rain for about a minute and a half LOL, just long enough to rinse the car off but now the sun is shining and it's warming right up, suppose to be in the 70's today!! Hubby just called he is in Cincy, he picks up at midnite and then has to be in Atlanta at 6 am, so he is not in a good mood, I weighed myself and I am down another pound, so I am in a good mood LOL I guess we counter balance each other...I have to go out and about today need to hit the grocery store, had my last apple and orange yesterday, gonna make turkey taco salads tonite...well I need to get around lots to do today will check back in later, Have a Great Day All.

Pink Jane
Old 04-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Mindee- so what is he saying? the pedicure isn't likely to ever happen? lol

Thanks for the advice on the job. I guess it is just that this woman is so hard to read that is training me. She had been in that position for like 34 yrs, so of course she knows everything, acct numbers, part numbers, ect by heart. Anyhow, I can't tell how I am doing by the way she acts, I thought it was just towards me, but then today I realized she treats everyone kind of in a cold manner. The boss tries to joke around when he goes thru to his office and I sorta think she is almost rude, she barely acknowledges he said anything. I am trying so hard to pick it all up, but I almost feel invisible with her. She let me work 1/2 hr without her and I did really well and was having a good day, but then I felt like she gave me an attitude after I misread a check because people CAN'T write!!! I thought a 3 was an 8 and when I tried to explain that to her, she wouldn't listen to me. I mean it wasn't a big deal, I caught the mistake and changed the deposit and while she didn't say anything negative towards me, it was just her attitude that made me feel really bad about how I was doing. She was supposed to give me some feedback today, which she didn't. I told her that I couldn't continue to come in at 7:30 because the bus doesn't get here til 7:15, thier clocks are set 5 min fast and it is a 12 min drive. The boss says that even if a person is 30 sec late, you will get sent home. That the time you are supposed to be there is START work time. It was so hard this week. I had to drop the kids at school at a little after 7 even though they aren't supposed to be in the building before 7:45am. I have been expecting for them to get into trouble for it. She was upset with me cause of that. But the way I look at it, I took the job on the agreement that it was 8-12, and when I agreed on 7:30, it was supposed to be for the first week only.
Anyhow when we were leaving I said have a nice weekend and I got an uh-huh in response, no back at ya or NOTHING!
Ok sorry for the novel, but this has been bugging me all day. I really want this job to work out, but at the moment I am just not sure. It's the best paying job I have EVER had, but there are so many little details and they are just rattled off to me.... *sigh*
Old 04-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

I lost 3 1/2 pounds!!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #15  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just a quickie!!

Cristina--thought I read something about roosters in your brick red kitchen...check out this kitchen run on QVC.com It's item number H05206
Think this would match??
Closed Thread