Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 11:41 AM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Thumbs down Everyday Exercisers ~ Beating the Winter Blahs!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to any newcomers. This thread focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goal is to stay active, hydrated and make healthy eating choices.

** Share your best tips for Beating the Winter Blahs! **

Come join us in our healthy lifestyle.

Old 02-21-2002, 11:50 AM   #2  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Welcome Jan! Always glad to have new members to our thread! And it sounds like you're doing awesome...keep up the good work!

As for me, my eating plan has failed miserably... I just can't seem to keep to a "plan", so I've gone back to my tried and true "just eat better stuff, and less of it" plan, and I think I'm happy there. I'm still going to make an effort to cut back on carbs, but it's not going to be regimented... oh well, live and learn.

I have been great about the exercise this week, though, and that's a great morale booster for me. I really didn't want to go to Curves, but I did it anyway, and felt great for having done it. Tonight I'm going to aquajogging with my mom for the first time, and that should be fun... I hope to have enough time before hand to cut down the forest on my legs though!

I guess my real challenge will be the weekend. We're living with my mom during the week (closer to work) and with my dh's parents on the weekend (closer to the house!)... I'm not sure how I'm going to get exercise in at my in-laws, but hopefully I can swing something, even if it's just going for a walk with my dog.

And the house is coming along nicely now, they've got it all framed, and now are just waiting on the delivery of the windows and doors! I'm so excited! Can't wait until we move into it!!!

Gotta go do some work now, but I'll be back soon!

Old 02-22-2002, 07:23 AM   #3  

Well, I just weighed myself and it's up from the other day. Maybe due to the fact that I ate all cheese yesterday and maybe didn't drink all my water? Plus I'm up very very early.

I've been going to the gym all week. My belly is shrinking, yay! Hehe. I gave away all my fat clothes and that is motivating me.
I joined a website to help me clean my house and by golly, it's working. I can walk through my bedroom without hurting myself!!
I feel more at peace without all the clutter and I'm so busy cleaning that I'm not obsessing about food/weigh 24/7. What a relief! I forget to eat!

Marvin: I wanna bowl sooo bad. I haven't been in ages. Dh and I are going to see 'Bye Bye Birdie' tomorrow night. I'm so excited.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 02-22-2002, 10:26 AM   #4  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Hey Pamela! Good for you! Maybe the weight gain is muscle? I know that when I first starting working out at Curves, my weight actually went up a couple pounds for the first two montly weigh-ins, but my measurements went DOWN, so I knew it was working. They told me, just wait, next month you'll have dropped pounds too, and they were right!

Which website did you join? It wouldn't happen to be FlyLady, would it? I ADORE her... she's made such a difference in my life, and my house. Now that we've moved in with my mom, I can't do it quite as much, but I'm looking forward to FLYing in our new house!

I had a great time at aquajogging last night, and I'm sure that this will be a weekly thing on Thursday nights... it's a lot of fun, and it's a great workout too! Today is Curves day, and hopefully, my scatttered brain will remember to get measured/weighed!

Then, we're at my in-laws for the weekend, and I won't have access to my puter! So, I'll check back in with you guys on Monday! Have a great weekend, and have a wonderful time at 'Bye Bye Birdie", Pamela!
Old 02-23-2002, 03:44 PM   #5  

Hi everyone. Good luck Marvin with getting your exercise. Maybe you can get your parents or your DH's parents to walk with you?

Pam, sounds like things are going well for you. I'd also like to know about the website that helps you keep your house clean. Does it say to get rid of the other people in the house? (Just kidding - I feel like I am always picking up after the DH and the DD).

Didn't do much exercise this week. I went to yoga Thursday night and that's it. I'm still coughing some from my cold and I've been working extra time too so when I get home after supper I don't feel like doing anything. Hopefully I can get up early tomorrow and do some exercise before I get ready for church.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:26 AM   #6  

Default Took a break

I was incredibly busy last week, so I allowed myself to take a break from all the exercise and diet. I learned that I missed the exercise, but could very easily revert to my old eating habits. Will all this hard work and planning ever become second nature and not actually be WORK?

I shoe horses, and every 8 weeks I teach part of a class for one week (which took place last week). So, I'm on my feet from 9-5, five days in a row (which is unusual for me) and under a lot of horses. I tried to keep up with the exercise, but was honestly too tired - that's when I decided to allow myself a break. But now I feel refreshed and ready to go again. I'm going to order a new exercise ball (recomended by Prevention) so I can add sit-ups to my routine. New stuff is always exciting.

I normally jump on the scale daily - I'm going to try very hard to hold off for a monthly weigh in.

Beating winter blues...I turn a bright light on very early. And, right now I am planning trips for spring break and (for later in the year) Walt Disney World. You HAVE to have something to look forward to. The sooner you can get outside the better, also.

Be back soon - I want to order my ball before I go to work.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:02 PM   #7  

It's www.flylady.net! I found my bedroom, LOL. Dh asks me at night if I've shined the sink and my 18 month old helps me pick up.

'Bye Bye Birdie' was really good! I wanna see it again, LOL.

We got a bunch of cds stolen out of our car overnight (forgot to lock it!). What's the guy going to do with a bunch of indie Christian rock cds with no cases, lol? We have to figure out what all is missing before we report though. It's sad, I find it humorous! I hope the guy comes to Christ!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 02-25-2002, 12:10 PM   #8  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Good morning!

Good luck, Stamper on getting that exercise back into your schedule... just don't overdo it, or you'll never get rid of that cough!

Cindy ~ you won't regret getting that exercise ball! They're great! And I even like to just sit on it when I'm at the puter or watching tv... if you kinda roll around on it, it's like getting a mini-workout! Enjoy!

Pamela ~ Good for you, flybaby! I'm still a flytoddler myself, but I ADORE FlyLady! Now that we're starting to settle in at my mom's I'm going to have to get back into my routines! And LOL! What IS a thief going to do with Christian music cds? Maybe you'll be responsible for a conversion!

Curve went well on Friday, but they were busy when I got there, so I didn't get weighed/measured... I did however weigh myself, and it's not good.... I'm up to 172 now... I have to start journalling again. I can't seem to get anywhere when I don't.

My weekend went fairly well otherwise... I got a bit of exercise on Saturday, as we were cleaning out the old house... but then we went to a fundraiser dinner and play for the local pathway system and I pigged out! Dessert and everything! Very tasty, but still, I have to get movin to burn it off!

I can't make it to Curves today, but I'm gonna do an exercise video tonight, I promise! And I'm off right now to get my water bottle!

Promising to do better,
Old 02-26-2002, 10:43 AM   #9  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Well, I made it to Curves last night after all.... although I had to drag myself, kicking and screaming! Ok, it wasn't quite that bad, but boy did I ever NOT want to go! I felt better about it afterwards, which is typical.

I did really well with my eating and journalling yesterday too, even if I only got about 1/2 my water in. Still, a good start, and I'm happy about it.

Did you see the new smilies? I love this one...

Anyway, today is bowling day, if I can stay awake that long! I am so exhausted today, I have no idea why! Hopefully, I can shrug off some of this fatigue... I should sleep well tonight though! (another great smilie!)

Have a great day ladies!

Old 02-27-2002, 10:04 AM   #10  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Well, looks like I'm talking to myself again, but that's okay, I need the support!

Checked out my journalling on fitday, and it looks like I did pretty good yesterday, even with the 10 fries I snuck off my friend's plate last night... Didn't make my water goal, but I did remember to bring my lemon with me today, so that should help me get that water in!

Today is Curves day too, and I'm looking forward to it... they've got a new check-in system with cards and a scanner, and this will be the first time that I use it! I won't have time (again!) to get measured, as I have to go pick up the appliances for our new house () but maybe on Friday? Oh well, I'm in no rush to find out the damage!

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well, and that you find your way back to me!
Old 02-28-2002, 12:10 PM   #11  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

La, la, la, la, talkin' to myself! Where is everyone?

Finished entering everything into Fitday for yesterday, and it seems I was a bit low in cals, while still being at the high end of my fat goals.... my carbs were within range though... I guess I'm ok, though, as I got almost my goal's worth of water yesterday.

It was kinda neat last night at Curves to get my key-tag, and scan myself into the computer... it tells you how many times you've been this week, how many times since the computer started counting, when your weigh-in day is (mine is today, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow!) and also gives you reminders and messages! It's really cool!

And tonight is aquajogging night again... seems like this week is flying right by!

Old 03-01-2002, 01:10 AM   #12  

I'm sorry, Marvin! Due to the flylady, I don't spend as much time online, LOL. She tells me to go to bed early <grin>. I love it. I can't believe the difference it's made in my house! I can have people over now! I can pee in the dark (that would have required breaking some bones to manage my way even out the bedroom door - I think I mentioned slamming into the side of the door once here, LOL)! I always have a clean sink and clean dishes and clean sippy cups! We always have clean clothes! LOL.

I want to get an excercise ball too. My friend has one and it's supposed to help with lower back pain (I can't lay flat on the floor anymore), plus ds loved it too. It was almost bigger than him, LOL.

I haven't made it to the gym as much as I wanted this week. Can't wait to bike again!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 03-01-2002, 10:48 AM   #13  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Hey Pamela! Glad to see you! And I know what you mean about limiting online time with FlyLady.... that's why my time here is at work! Shhhh... don't tell!

I love my exercise ball too, even just to sit on, and I'm sure that Emmett would love it if you had one! Good luck getting to workout!

Me, I'm still doing good, and feeling alright. I skipped last night's aquajogging, because I just needed a rest day. I don't feel too bad about it, and I'm off to Curves after work for a good workout and to be weighed & measured (I promise!) I'm really hopping to see some results this time!

Then, I'm off for the weekend, and will be back on Monday!
Old 03-01-2002, 06:56 PM   #14  

We're sick again!!! Ack. I'm just beyond exhausted and both Em and I have colds. Oh well. At least my house is somewhat clean, LOL. I'm going to try to do my 8 minutes of excercise at least tonight and get *some* veggies in. I lost a pound this week too, but I think it's from my tossing and turning all week at night. Ds woke up just about the time I was going to bed and I tried to bring him to our bed, but it just meant none of us got any sleep. Oh well. Hopefully, dh will take great pity on me and help me out this weekend (even though I have great pity on him that he has to get up so darn early every morning!).

Marvin, do you mind me asking how much Curves is? We keep getting coupons for it, but do you have to pay all at once, or is it monthly or what? It looks like a better situation than the gym (I'm kind of chesty and I hate when people stare at me!). TIA.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 03-04-2002, 10:55 AM   #15  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Oh no, not again! That's nasty! I hope you all feel better soon... I guess that's one of the "fringe benefits" of motherhood!

I don't mind ya askin'! Curves has two different payment plans... for both, at first you pay the signup fee, which I can't remember, but I did get a deal on it. Wait for a deal to be advertised, as it's pricy! Then you pay monthly. You can pay on a month to month basis, but you pay $50 Cndn. If you get the automatic withdrawal plan, you pan $40 Cndn a month, but you have to have a contract for a year. I'm on the automatic payment plan, and it's worked for me... I adore Curves! I think in the US, the prices are around $30 and $40 per month... HTH!

BTW, I did my weigh and measure on Friday and I've lost a pound! YaY! Now, to keep up the good work! How would you feel about a streak to Easter? (once you're feeling better of course!)
Closed Thread