Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 09:07 AM   #1  
You and Me in 2003

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#136

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

Last edited by Grannie39074; 02-24-2002 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:16 AM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Arrow Hello all

Good Sunday morning
Things were hectic around here yesterday. The men came and replaced my three bedroom windows. The new ones are great they are double pained so they won't frost up. Now I have to buy new curtains can't have those old window blinds on my new windows now can I

Hope everyone is doing good today.
What is everyone going to cook today?
I bought a boneless leg of lamb I have never eaten lamb but we'll see how it is. I'll let you know.
Well I'll go for now I'm going to church with my Aunt again.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:26 AM   #3  

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday it was over 50 and today it is 25 and snowing like crazy.

What's it doing on your side, Baylee?

Malia I decided to follow you and measured today. I think this might help motivate me to exercise daily. Thank You.
Old 02-24-2002, 11:44 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Hi all...

I wish we'd get a little bit of snow before winter is over, could you send some this way, Lucky? My sister got a snow blower for Christmas, that she's not getting much use of!

The big move went well...I managed to get there after the truck was pretty much full and arrived at the new place after everything was unloaded... ...well, that was because I got lost...yeah sure...No really! I was trying to follow my brother in law, thought I saw him take an exit that he didn't, got off the parkway and thought "Now What?" Luckily, one of my brothers lived nearby and knew how to go...so we arrived just in time for lunch! So I can't claim "moving" as exercise for the day!

Today is my hubby's 46th birthday...he has to work tonight, and he's sleeping now because he worked last night... Every birthday he requests his favorite meal...are you ready for this? POT ROAST! (ugh) That and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Yes, he's a man of simple tastes! Give me a lobster dinner anyday! Pot roast...sheesh!

Gotta run ...I'll check back later...have a grand day, all!
Old 02-24-2002, 12:03 PM   #5  

Baylee Get ready...it is snowing like crazy and the roads are bumpy from freezing. I was going to see my Dad but will wait until later today and see what the weather is. (or in five minutes)

I must commend you on your meal planning. I never have a clue what to eat. What is Light,Done Right dressing? You don't want to cook for me, do you? I took Malia's lead on measuring my body so maybe I will follow you with the planning. I will have to think on it some first!

Kat I love the way you help move, remind me NOT to call you when I move next time!! You can have all the snow we have - stop on by and I will help you load it up. Did you get silly string for your hubby for today?
Old 02-24-2002, 12:42 PM   #6  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi ladies,

Just stopped in for a quick minute.

I did one of my new videos yesterday. I was nice and fast. I like that.

Baylee: You were right. I just hope I can have a truly good week food wise this week.

Sorry, I can't reply to everyone, but the laundry is calling....
Old 02-24-2002, 02:05 PM   #7  

Baylee Just finished finding my car (from under the snow) and shoveling. It isn't snowing now but the wind is wicked. Thought I would let you know so you can get ready...if it goes that far south.
Old 02-24-2002, 02:09 PM   #8  

Forgot to post my recipe.....

Mock Mashed Potatoes
Cooked cauliflower processed with sour cream. Garnish
with grated cheese and fresh minced chives. Makes 2 servings.

2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sour cream, or more to taste
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1 Steam or microwave cauliflower until very soft.
2 Put cauliflower in blender or food processor with
butter and sour cream, blend.
3 Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

Editor's Notes:
Frozen cauliflower works very well.
Grated cheese, minced chives and/or parsley are nice
variations to add. Hand mix these in after blending the cauliflower.
Old 02-24-2002, 02:24 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Gosh, I feel like I haven't been here all week. I've missed you guys, but have been sooooo busy!

I finished all my 'bra jobs' for the week, 4 Walmarts and 2 Meijers. Glad that's over with. Well.....for a couple of weeks anyway. I have 13 K-Marts coming up in a couple of weeks so I'll be at it again. I'm happy to say that Playtex not only gave us leopard prints bras that are NOT underwire, there is also a shocking pink one too. So let's get out there and be wild!!!

I'm into doing 'tax jobs' this next week. I have 7 of those, so that'll keep me off the streets! Also, a woman that I know from my dad's nursing home has hired me to come visit a woman that she has been guardian for for 30 years. She (the guardian) is getting up in age and just can't get out there as often as she likes so I have picked that job up twice a week. The plus???? NO paperwork with that job! WooHoo!!

I'm going to try to catch up, but if I miss someone, please excuse. Some of the replys will be on stuff you all said days ago and probably won't even be relevant anymore. Oh well. * You guys have really gone to town posting since I was here last. A few of you look like you've lost your minds totally! Spongebob???? Puleeeze!

Malia: Another 3#! WooHoo! Good job in accomplishing your weekly goals. We have to keep working on them and little by little they will take hold as new habits.

2cute: Sorry to hear that your folks are doing so poorly. It doesn't sound like you're doing very well either. Hope all is much improved real soon! [[[hugs]]] What a hoot about your dad and the 'Bud'!!! * Have a safe trip. Hope your flu is over with and you won't come down with a relapse while you're out of town.

LuckyLadyBug: Ok, spill about the psychic friend. I love that stuff!

Mary: I guess I'm going to have to try grilling my fish on the Foreman. Do you spray it with cooking spray first, or because it's teflon, it works ok??? * Thanks for starting the new thread. * I'm sure that all that up and down with painting is much more activity than you're used to and should make up for some of the off program stuff you were doing.

Katrina: You are not the only one who thinks CHOCOLATE at the first sight of trouble. Join the crowd! * I'm glad the idea of listing accomplishments made you get out and walk! That's wonderful!

Baylee: Well, if two of you use the Foreman to grill fish, it must be good. I have the family size George so lots of room to grill. I like it 'cuz I do a whole bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts at one time that way I have leftovers for salads and stuff during the week. * I liked the explaination of fat vs. muscle. That Crisco vs. a hand weight is quite the comparison!

p.a.: WOW, down 2! Good for you! * Fun Friday IS all about doing something for YOU!!! What did you decide to do????

Andria: They say "if you want something done, ask a busy person" so there must be something to it. I am trying to keep the house half way straightened. At least the dining room table that everyone sees as they walk through the front door! * Great job walking for 3 weeks straight. That knee must be really feeling better.

Sue: Welcome to our humble little corner! We're always happy to welcome new folks to our thread. Hope you'll stop in often. We tend to be a fun group! WOW, 65# is awsome! You've done really well so far. Keep it up. We're glad to have you in our corner.

Susie: Down 1/2# is still down. Good for you!! * Glad you took a minute to stop in. Aren't you proud of this thread you started??? It really has grown by leaps and bounds and is still going, which is the BEST part!!! * Hope work gets to the point of more routine soon, so that you can take a deep breath and relax for a minute.

Tina: WOW!!! Another 5 pounds! That is truly inspiring! I am so happy for you!!! Guess maybe, just maybe now mind you, I should consider doing a little of the "e" word myself. May be just what I need to jumpstart myself. * Why is it that men think sex is the cure for everything??? Mine says we should make love every Sunday night because then I will show a loss at WI Monday morning!!! Who's he trying to kid????

I confess, I confess, I'm a Crossing Over fan too! It's on here at like 5:30 pm

Here is the WW answer to the lamb question.
Lamb, cooked, 2 oz = 4 WW points
Chicken, boneless, skinnless breast 2oz = 2 WW points
Beef, lean, cooked, 2 oz = 3 WW points
Pork, lean, cooked, 2 oz = 3 WW points

I have a recipe for Soup and Salad Sunday. It is very simple, yummy and very easy to make. I got it from Syn a long time ago.

Potato Soup
1 cup = 1 WW point
1 bag frozen O'brian Potatoes
1 large can Chicken Broth
1 envelope Country Gravy Mix (fat free or reduced fat)

1. Combine potatoes and broth in large pot. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
2. Mix gravy mix and 1/2 cup water together in a small bowl.
3. Once potatoes are tender and have been simmered, add gravy mixture. Mix well. Turn off heat. Let sit for 2 minutes until the broth thickens.
P.S. I dish it out and then garnish with a pinch of fat free cheddar cheese shreds and a pinch of bacon bits.

My 3 accomplishments for today are:
1. I have caught up with all my friends here.
2. I have already done 3 loads of laundry.
3. My dinner is in the crockpot.

Well girls, I've been working on this post for quite some time now and I think I will copy/paste it into Word before I hit the 'submit' button.......just in case! I hope you all have a wonderful day. Talk to you soon.

"The fact is, I can have any experience of life I want. I don't have to choose any one thing or act in any one way to define myself as a woman now. I am one." - Ally Sheedy

Last edited by thinthinker; 02-24-2002 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2002, 02:53 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Sorry you guys, just had to come back and post this. It arrived in my e-mail box this morning and as I started reading it, I realized that it was about getting older. But read it carefully. Isn't it about just about anything in life??? I think so. It's all in the mind!

Smart Lady

The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud mother-in-law of my best friend, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with her hair fashionably coifed and makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today. Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.

Maurine Jones is the most lovely, gracious, dignified woman that
I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. While I have never
aspired to attain her depth of wisdom, I do pray that I will learn
from her vast experience.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing
home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she
maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual
description of her tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had
been hung on her window. "I love it," she stated with the
enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with
a new puppy.

"Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room ... just wait."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied.
"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ... it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it ...

It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a
choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have
with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed
and be thankful for the ones that do.

Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away ...just for this time in my life. Old age is like a bank account... you withdraw
from what you've put in .... So, my advice to you would be to
deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories."

HAVE A GOOD DAY!

Last edited by thinthinker; 02-24-2002 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2002, 02:58 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Arrow

Thin: I don't spray my Forman for anything. It works good just as it is.

I haven't ever cooked or eaten lamb I'll let you know how it is.
1. Went to church
2. posted to my friends.
3. eat too much lunch.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:07 PM   #12  

Okay, but only because you begged....

I had terrible pain in my left shoulder blade. It had been going on for two months and I couldn't get rid of it. It was so bad I could barely move the left side of my body.

One Saturday my friend Ruth and I went to the Women's Expo at the Convention Center in Minneapolis. I was walking by a booth and Echo (yes that is her real name) said Hi because we were friends through church. I knew she was a healer and thought "what the hey, it's free". Well, she laid her hands on my shoulder blade for about 3 or 4 minutes. I was a bit nervous, her being a friend and wondering what my other friend, Ruth was thinking. I really wasn't a believer or non-believer in this but as I walked out of the booth I realized my shoulder blade didn't hurt.

Ruth and I walked a distance away and I could even swing my left arm in circles. NO PAIN

The next day at church Echo asked how I was and I told her no pain!!! She just smiled, knowingly.

Well, that was 8 years ago and my shoulder has never hurt since.

Just a little side information. Four years ago our minister was in the hospital dying from cancer and Echo went to do a "laying on of hands" for him. He did die, I knew some of you were looking for a spontaneous healing!!!! Echo did the laying on of hands to help him with his pain. The ministers wife told me that she touched Echo's hands while she was there and you couldn't touch her hands because they were as hot as a burner on a stove. So, believer or not something was going on.

I just saw on her site she recommends John Edwards show!!!!
Old 02-24-2002, 03:49 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

OK, I'm back...

I accomplished quite a bit since my post earlier, and have "earned" a visit back here with you guys!

I have done some laundry.
I cleaned out my refrigerator...emptied ALL the mysterious Tupperware containers that got pushed to the back, the half cans of pineapple and tomato paste that look like a science experiment gone awry AND the lovely vegetables, in the bin, long past their prime!
I have the pot roast in the oven...even bought an Entenmenn's yellow cake w/ chocolate icing in case I don't get the time to bake...better for me...he can take it to work and it won't be sitting on my counter, calling to me..."PSSSST! Over here! Look how creamy my icing is...how moist and yummy my cake is!!!"
But my best accomplishment was "the birthday present." I booked us a room at a Bed & Breakfast inn in New Hope, PA. It's a funky, little artsy kind of town in the Poconos, right on the Delaware River...now, all I need is some silly string!

Shoot, gotta go...just got a call from my son, he's ready to be picked up! ...timing...GRRR... I see all these NEW posts here too!

In the words of the Terminator...

I'LL BE BACK!!
Old 02-24-2002, 05:12 PM   #14  

GREAT day for you Kat .

I wonder how much silly string is? It might be something we want to keep on hand.......you know, for those times certain times it would be ..... hmmmmmm
Old 02-24-2002, 06:51 PM   #15  

I lost my first post so here it goes again....dont know what I did wrong...
Thats a cute pic luckyladybug....
Grannie I have had lamb before but I dont know how to make it. You use a george foreman grill I would like to get one of those I have nothing but good about them....
Baylee....is that your real name...my dd is called Bailey that is why I ask...unusual name..
Thinthinker The fun thing I did on Friday.....well I went for my nightly walk , funny thing was its our winter carnival time here, as I was walking there were fireworks going off at the same time...what a beautiful site...felt they were just for me. I happened to make my goal for the month that day.
Yes that story you posted does apply to life and what you make of it....good one.
Katrinabgood that is a nice present you gave DH ....hope you have a great time.....
Here is my recipe:
Chicken Lo Mein
First cook 3 oz. of angel hair pasta according to package

Slice 2 chicken breasts thinly I cut my into slivers
1 pkg. stir fry sauce mix
Make mix according to pkg.
Marinate chicken in 1/2 cup of sauce for about 20 mins.
Stir fry chicken till cooked in pan with 1 tbsp. oil

Slice:
2 carrots on the diagonal
4 green onions into 1 inch pieces
1 red pepper into slices
1./2 cup of snow peas
1 cup of mushrooms sliced
Stir fry these veggies till cooked crisp...then add the chicken with all the sauce.....then add the cooked pasta...Stir together..

1 cup is 4 WW points.
Easy and good....I freeze it too to have handy when I need quick meal.
Closed Thread