Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Nintendo Wii anyone?

Does anyone here own a nintendo wii? My parents just bought one this past weekend and I was amazed. That is a good workout... especially baseball and tennis. My arms and hips are so sore today from swinging that bat, and it is sooo much fun! It's kinda pricey but I really reccomend them!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I would freakin LOVE to get my hands on a Wii, but they are yet to be widely available around here. They are literally sold out within the hour whenever any stores get them in. I would have thought that they would be easier to get by now, but no...

I really wanted to get one for my fiance's birthday, which is today, but I couldn't find one anywhere around here (nor near my sister's home in Va Beach, nor near my parents in CT...) I could pay an extra $100 to get one from Ebay, but I can't support people ripping me off just to take advantage of the market, so I will just be patient. I have signed up with s ite for email notification of when they become available again in my area, but I really don't have the freedom to just up and leave my job to go get one when I get notification, so I doubt that will help.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #3  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm not all that big on the Wii. I've read reviews of the games available and I think I'm going to wait until there are some really good games available, and that's if I *ever* have the money to blow on another game console when I still have a perfectly good, if ancient, Xbox.

However, DDR can be a pretty good workout on that thing, so I'm not too worried.

Glad you're enjoying your Wii, though!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #4  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

i like them both but i really love yourself fitness on the xbox
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I freaking want one too! But like Jill, there are simply NOT AVAILABLE in my area, sold out!!! Whahhh!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270?/234/190

Height: 5'11

i would love a wii. boxing is awesome. its VERY intense. i played it for a half an hour, and i was sore for 2 days!
CecelliaStrick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #7  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Finally got one two weeks ago...had to use my "connections" (I work in the videogame industry), heh heh. So much fun!

I know that WarioWare isn't great as far as calorie burning is concerned, but I vote it as most fun party game ever!

All you folks looking for one, expect to see more on the shelves soon; Nintendo is now officially in their new fiscal quarter, so they're going to start supplying them a bit more readily now...theoretically.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

My mom has a Wii because her boyfriend would go to the game shop every day and wait around! It's pretty awesome for her though because she's (temporarily!) in a wheelchair and she says that playing tennis and bowling on Wii is good physical therapy.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I know what you guys mean about availability... I called about 9 different places and no luck, then I remembered there is a little wal mart in a small town (about 3,000 ppl) not too far from mine and they had some there, I was soo excited lol.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:29 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maalisse View Post
All you folks looking for one, expect to see more on the shelves soon; Nintendo is now officially in their new fiscal quarter, so they're going to start supplying them a bit more readily now...theoretically.
From the reading and searching and asking I've been doing (and I've been doing a LOT of it!), the next big shipment is said to hit stores on Monday 4/23 (at least bigger stores--EBGames and GameStop recieve shipments on Tuesdays, I believe). I'll probably miss out yet again since I'm off work on Thursday and Friday, so I can't very well just mosey on in late on Monday I work at 7am, so nothing's open before that. Maybe I'll head out on lunch that day to see if anyone has any left.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

I definitely want to buy one. DH and I are pretty hardcore gamers. I think I'm gonna wait a little while. I'm one of those unfortunate people who rushed out and brought a 360. I'm definitely paying for it now with the over heating problems I think I'll wait for the next gen Wii. Even though I haven't heard of any major problems other than the lack of wifi I think I'm gonna play it safe.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Oh! Have you all checked your local Walmart I see that the ones here in Augusta, Ga usually have some in stock. Online sites might have it to checkout Sam's club they usually got great bargain packs where you get 2 controllers or something for a lot less.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #13  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl77 View Post
Online sites might have it to checkout Sam's club they usually got great bargain packs where you get 2 controllers or something for a lot less.
There aren't ANY online sites (aside from Amazon and Ebay and maybe Craigslist and the like where people are selling them for about $350 when retail is $250) that have stock. 99% of stores will not even let you order them online (including Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc.), and those that will only have expensive bundles (as in $500+, and they usually come with some games you won't even really want), and they all say the won't even have stock of the bundles until 4/23. Just thought I'd save anyone the time of searching since I have searched it all to death
Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #14  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Quote:
I'm one of those unfortunate people who rushed out and brought a 360. I'm definitely paying for it now with the over heating problems I think I'll wait for the next gen Wii. Even though I haven't heard of any major problems other than the lack of wifi I think I'm gonna play it safe.
Hear, hear. That's exactly why I *never* buy first-gen tech. Well, that and I can never afford it at the prices that come with first-gen. I'm still envious of people with the 360 though, overheating and all. My b/f has a PS3, so I'm trying to steal his PS2 to play FF on. Hehe. I must say, though, the graphics on the newer tech are just so pretty...*sniffle* It's touching. :P
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #15  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl77 View Post
I definitely want to buy one. DH and I are pretty hardcore gamers. I think I'm gonna wait a little while. I'm one of those unfortunate people who rushed out and brought a 360. I'm definitely paying for it now with the over heating problems I think I'll wait for the next gen Wii. Even though I haven't heard of any major problems other than the lack of wifi I think I'm gonna play it safe.
Well, if it's any consolation we've been using Wii's (well, Wii dev kits) for more than a year at work now, and have never had any problems. 360's, on the other hand... Besides, a Wii is just a souped-up GameCube, so it's technically second-gen technology. Not like the 360 or *shudder* PS3 (which is SO HARD to develop for that I have gone from Sony Fangirl to GRRRRRRR).

...not trying to pressure you or anything; I just love talking about my life's passion. :3 *shuts up*
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote