Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #1  

Question Colonix?

Any reviews? Im seriously thinking about trying it..TIA
Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Do you want to try it for weight loss purposes or for other reasons?

Colon cleansing in general is NOT a weight loss tool. You may lose a few pounds while doing it, but only water weight and maybe even a little muscle--it'll come right back as soon as you are finished.

I know others will argue me on this, but unless you have some sort of illness or physical deficiency, your body cleanses itself naturally thanks to these fabulous things like kidneys, liver, digestion, etc.

The best way to keep your body healthy and "clean" is to eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water--no fasting, juicing, pills, or shakes required
Old 04-15-2007, 10:31 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would wonder what your goals are in using such a product. Do you believe you need a cleanse for some reason? Products that offer cleansing/detox are often overpriced bundles of stuff you could buy much cheaper separately but then the real question is do you need it? Most people don't need to use cleansing products.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Well, the Colonix I'm thinking you're talking about isn't a fast. They are just supplements and what not that makes your poop look funny.

Really, though, from what I've read, if you were to put those same supplements in water and let them sit, it would look just what it looks like as if you consumed them.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:36 AM   #5  

No medical purposes, i've heard it can make your stomach flatter , and, (secondly) I wouldn't mine the cleanse. The products are all natural...
Has any actually tried it?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:50 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensAngela View Post
No medical purposes, i've heard it can make your stomach flatter
Only for a day or two...good luck. I just hate to see people spending money on things they don't really need
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Angela,

One of the main ingredients in Colonix is Psyllium husk powder which you can find at any natural foods store and is also the main ingredient in products like Metamucil. I use Psyllium husk powder occassionally. I like it but then again I wouldn't pay the price Colinix charges for it. You can find it fairly cheap.

If you look at the ingredients of all of the products, you can see that you can get fairly similar products cheaper.

Also, the laxative tea contains senna which is also a commercial laxative but there are other laxatives available. I drank a senna tea once and I'd never do it again. Also it can be habit forming so if you take it for a long time, then stop, then you will have a constipation problem.

For their paranil product, they have a lot of spices including garlic. I heard that if you do have parasites in your stomach well first off, you need to see a doctor. I did read that garlic and/or lemon juice can clean out minor parasites.

So although I've never tried their products, I have tried the main ingredients in their products.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #8  

thanks for all the responses!..i bought some Benefiber, so ill try that and see what happens. i really dont want to cough up 80 bucks just yet :P
Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #9  

I did a lot of research on it and found that the odd looking poop things that all those wackos posted on their testimonials were actually masses of clumped fiber that made an "imprint" of the person's intestine. This was on a colon health forum, and posted by someone who got very sick taking it. They went to their doc with a stool sample, and a lab analysis came back saying it was just fiber. i.e. the large amount of fiber in colonix actually caused these strange poops, not cleaned "years of buildup" Made sense to me. I would stay away...especially the senna tea. Get your own fiber and use it as directed. Anything overdone is not smart!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I have a mild digestive issue (IBS), which is helped by a high fibre diet. All I do is make sure to include a 1/2 cup of All Bran Buds with Psyllium in my daily food intake (tastes quite good in yoghurt), and I'm good to go. Very cost effective, and it's real food, not some questionable supplement.

If you were thinking weight loss, though, save your $$$. Food (ie. calories) is absorbed in your small intestine. All that makes it to your large intestine is waste product - your body has already sucked all the calories out of it! If it makes your stomach flatter, it is simply because it will empty your colon of the waste, but the effect will be temporary, as your colon will fill back up again due to normal food consumption/digestion.

Then again, from a health point of view, a high fibre diet is good for pretty much anyone - we should be getting 25 g of fibre per day, and most of us only get around half of that or less.
Closed Thread