Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default The BEST chip ever!

I'm actually not a big fan of chips but I do like corn chips. I found this at Costco and bought it for DH. It is a multigrain tortilla chip by a company called "Food Should Taste Good". It is still a little too high calorie for me to incorporate but it is pretty good and I feel good about giving it to DH due to the ingredients.

http://www.foodshouldtastegood.com/p...multigrain.asp

For 1 oz, it has 140 calories which is about 10 chips. I tried one and I thought it was so good.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #2  

They do sound good. But I can't see myself trading them in for Tosito's Light Restaurant Style chips, 90 calories for one ounce. They are made with the infamous "anal leakage" Olestra, but I've never had any problems with it at all. And they do taste just like regular tortilla chips to me.

If the other ones tasted better than these, I'l probably plow my way through the whole bag in a day or two. *sigh*
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:30 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

These are my all time FAVORITE snack. 10 ranch flavored cakes / 70 calories (1/2 oz).

http://www.quakerricesnacks.com/?q=p...s/quakes/ranch

Some times Ill make a yogurt dip with them mmmm mmm !

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

They still make rice cakes? I was forced to eat those when I was a teenager and ever since, I can't stand the idea of eating them.

I think the chips are good if you crave chips. Personally, I don't anymore. So I have a huge bag of them in my kitchen and I've had 1 They are good for DH though because he likes to snack a lot and it is a decent snack.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I remember eating the big ones when I was younger with tuna on it LOL it was like eating cardboard and I forced them down ick lol.

I came across the mini ones one day when my dd was asking for chips in her lunch b/c the other kids had them. I wanted something tasty and lower in calories for her but satisfying to the eye (amount) at the same time. She loves them and I don't feel so bad giving them to her every now and then.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
They do sound good. But I can't see myself trading them in for Tosito's Light Restaurant Style chips, 90 calories for one ounce. They are made with the infamous "anal leakage" Olestra, but I've never had any problems with it at all. And they do taste just like regular tortilla chips to me.
The Olestra has never bothered me, either. I don't buy potato chips very often, but when I get a craving for them, I buy the "Light" ones made with the Olestra. They satisfy my potato chip craving better than the baked snacks do because the baked chips just don't TASTE like potato chips to me. And when I get a potato chip craving (which thankfully isn't very often) I want something that's going to TASTE like a potato chip.

I don't mind the baked ones and I'll eat them. But when I want a potato chip, I want a POTATO CHIP
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218.4/175/160

Height: 5'8

Nelie,
I actually had those chips with costco's red pepper hummus dip very very good...
ndmrlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:35 PM   #8  
LLV

My personal favorite chip is the GenSoy soy crisps. I found a new flavor, sea salt and black pepper. They're so good!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote