Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #1  

Question HELP Why do i Binge Eat?

Hi,
I have never been on here ever before and i am not sure if i am supposed to write this stuff about dieting and nutrition in this area or not, but here goes:
I am 22 and a student and quite recently i have been binging out on food ALL the stop, i cannot seem to stop eating adn i am not sure what is the matter with me. I lost 120lbs over the past 3yrs and now after eating the same thing day in and day out (about 1200cal) to get the inital weight off, i have decided to change my diet to incorporate a bit of variety bc uhhh yah its SOOO boring eating the same thing for over 1200 days staright. But since i have decided to go on this new eating plan i BINGE OUT and its embarrassing, then i work out like crazy so i dont get really fat again??? can any one help?
DistOrtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Try visiting the Maintainer's Forums! The folks there have lots of experience with these issues. Scroll down on the main forums page until you see it listed.

You did great to lose all that weight, now you just need to learn how to eat "normally" for you so you don't gain it back. Hang in there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:43 AM   #3  

Hey thank you so much for the adivce, i checked it out!
And congradulations to you aswell, 30 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment, hang in there only 10 more until your goal! YOU GO GIRL
Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Thanks!!

Jay
Old 04-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #5  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I am also a binge eater and I would suggest the "Chicks in Control" group. They are really supportive and have great advice.

keep posting and we'll get through this together.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on your weight loss. I believe, and I'm speaking from experience here, that binge eating is a side-effect of dieting. If you view your diet as something that you go "on", and then eventually go "off", there is often a backlash. I'm sure you'll find the support you're looking for here.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #7  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

DistOrtEd ~ now that you've taken off the weight by eating 1,200 calories per day, you can probably maintain your weight loss at 1,300-1,400 per day.

Try making one subsistution at a time of healthy food not foods usually associated with binge eating like sugary, salty, or fatty foods.

The Maintainers will tell you that you must make a lifestyle choice to continue to eat well and exercise to remain at your goal weight.

Best of health to you.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Carolyn, WOW!!!! Awesome photos!

Jay
Old 04-14-2007, 12:46 AM   #9  

clvquilts
oh thats a good idea, i think it is allot easier to limit my intake of all those taste...especially Sugary, that usually triggers a binge. And you look fantastic in your photos, how did you lose all that weight?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:50 AM   #10  

bikini dreader,
Your so close to your goal, keep it up! binge eating sucks, and i feel completely ahsamed after it! But its been 24hrs since my last out of control moment so i am going to take it day by day

Janie CANUCK...i live in north van...hahaha we LOST!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Fooled you - actually I live in Ontario, not too far from Toronto (home of hockey futility). No playoff action here! Hubby had to switch allegiance to the Sens.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote